Donations

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

anon

Donations

Post by anon »

So I didn't see a donate button anywhere - can't we donate to help this project along? I don't want to see it die :(
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Re: Donations

Post by Suriko »

We're not, and will probably never, accept donations. Of course this is aside from the fact that, if this project were to die, it wouldn't be from a lack of money.

If you really have money to spare, donate it to a charity and tell us. That would be pretty sure to raise motivation levels.
anon

Post by anon »

Okay, I can do that - is there any particular charity you guys favor?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Whilst not money-based there are a lot of memebers using Folding@Home
http://folding.stanford.edu/

Here's the link to the thread about it:

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1779

Apart from that any charity that supports the less fortunate children of the world is alright by us.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Al Quaida.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Smooth
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
zet cross

Post by zet cross »

Though they've said donate to a charity, I think their logic on donations come from the fact those who donate would "demand" a release schedule or try and use it as leverage to change the way they're doing things. Though the fact they actually seem like very civicly minded people which seems rather odd considering the material they're working on (I mean seriously who'd mix up níche fetishism with charity?)...

Though I feel sorry for whomever foots the bandwidth bill, I'll heed the request and throw some money at one of the children's cancer charities over here in the uk (not literally throw though, that'd be cruel... but hmmmm where did i put those sacks of pennies :twisted:).
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Nah the logic to refuse donations comes from the fact that none of us have any (regular) expenses on working on KS, apart from the time spent. Sure, some artists have bought new tablets and a few other people have spent some cash on various random things but any donations would essentially be "profit" for us. Doing KS for money is a ridiculous idea so we just outright shut out the possibility of money coming into the picture. Donations also would not make us work faster.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:none of us have any (regular) expenses on working on KS, apart from the time spent.
zet cross wrote:Though I feel sorry for whomever foots the bandwidth bill
I doubt the site's a very big expense, but it's something, at least. Why not give us an estimate as to how much it's cost ya since the project's beginning, then limit donations to that amount? It'd help a lot of people who probably won't get any piece of mind until they've at least given something in exchange for the polished final product they'll be receiving. ^_^
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

zet cross wrote:Though the fact they actually seem like very civicly minded people which seems rather odd considering the material they're working on (I mean seriously who'd mix up níche fetishism with charity?)...
I like how we're instantly chucked into the category or level of fetish games. KS isn't really something that really exploits disabilities for sexual arousal.
zet cross

Post by zet cross »

That was pretty much tounge in cheek rather being serious with that comment blue...
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

EternalLurker wrote:I doubt the site's a very big expense, but it's something, at least. Why not give us an estimate as to how much it's cost ya since the project's beginning, then limit donations to that amount? It'd help a lot of people who probably won't get any piece of mind until they've at least given something in exchange for the polished final product they'll be receiving. ^_^
Unless I forget something, none of us in 4LS has paid anything for the site, ever. Our bandwidth (including the ludicrous amounts taken by release(s)) is donated/handled by third party.
ever17

Post by ever17 »

There's a third party? What party is that?

And it's nice to see other people wanting to give donations too. To quote my friend, "we need to keep throwing money at them so they hurry up and finish it already."

:P
zet cross

Post by zet cross »

Yes but i'm betting your friend actually meant to throw coins at them to speed them up rather that actually pay them.
ever17

Post by ever17 »

zet cross wrote:Yes but i'm betting your friend actually meant to throw coins at them to speed them up rather that actually pay them.
Whatever works!