Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Poli-Gluttanous

Re: Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Post by Poli-Gluttanous »

EternalLurker wrote:Capoeira? It most certainly does unless your neck is superhumanly strong.
True enough, but I wouldn't say that's any sort of barrier, unless we suddenly take it into our heads that this game should be realistic.
I mean, hell, we were talking about giving Hanako a fire aura. I don't think unusual neck strength would be beyond the pale.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

No, I mean your neck would have to pull a Mr. Fantastic, and that would just look ugly.
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

Capoeira is a bad choice for Rin because you can do handstands and stuff like that. In fact, when I tried to learn martial arts once, my teacher taught me some capo because my arms were stronger than my legs, and I didn't really have enough balance for other arts. Rin could be a tae kwon do master.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Rin is all about Tony Jaa-style Muay Thai and old-school Muay Boran. Knees, stomping kicks. Blocks are for pussies; she just exhales into the strikes and takes them.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

If the game isn't going to be realistic, why not just give Rin a Stand? It would allow for awesome supers, and you would only need a few non-Stand moves to fill.

Plus, that way you could get ZA WARUDO in the game. Every fighting game needs ZA WARUDO. Every one.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Poli-Gluttanous

Post by Poli-Gluttanous »

EternalLurker wrote:No, I mean your neck would have to pull a Mr. Fantastic, and that would just look ugly.
Yeah, fair enough; I guess tae kwon do would be the better choice. As for a Stand, if anyone were to have that, it'd be Shizune, summoning Misha to let out a weaponized laugh. It'd be devastating.

Also, now that I think about it, Hanako'd make the most sense as a charge character; she's the one who'd do the most retreating, after all.
ever17

Post by ever17 »

Goldilurks wrote:Rin is all about Tony Jaa-style Muay Thai and old-school Muay Boran. Knees, stomping kicks. Blocks are for pussies; she just exhales into the strikes and takes them.

QFT

And Tae Kwon Do of course would fit nicely as well.
Exdi

Post by Exdi »

ever17 wrote:And Tae Kwon Do of course would fit nicely as well.
Now picturing Rin pulling off Baek Do San's awesome kick combos from Tekken.
Not really a fan of plays on words. I perfer ones on stages.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Exdi

Post by Exdi »

Goldilurks wrote:But I originally was thinking more along these lines.
Rin doing Muay Thai knee strikes? Nice.

And since we're on topic of knee attacks, she should also have a move akin to Captain Falcon's Knee of justice of Smash Brothers' fame.
Not really a fan of plays on words. I perfer ones on stages.
ROFLWAFFLE!

Post by ROFLWAFFLE! »

There must be a Zangief in the game, adminstering screw-piledrivers and kaputskis.
"Michael Jackson ain't dead, he's just hiding somewhere in South America with Elvis n' 2pac."
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

That would be Kenji, once he's done his hcb whiskey-chugging buff that gives him super armor and double damage for twenty seconds.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Alright, i just found something out. Visual Studio has a 'fighting game' template that you can down load. So if we can find some people who know C# then we'll be in business.
Kuromeshi

Post by Kuromeshi »

Hey guys, newbie to the KS forums here, but I can't help but notice this thread. I'm a veteran Mugen user, so I know a thing or two about it. If you guys are going in for making chars and everything, (assuming you're drawing every sprite by hand) one of the easiest programs you can use to make your characters without boringly straight-coding them with less hassle is called "Fighter Factory". I've used it to make a few basic chars, since i'm not that great at making sprites, and have only done basic movesets. You might also wanna try to take this project into the Mugen Guild forums (http://mugenguild.com/forumx/) which i'm also a member of; and they should be able to help you out a GREAT deal with making the characters. Best of luck with this guys, i'd love to see Katawa Shoujo mugen characters! :D

PS (make them kuromaru compatible, and if you don't know what I mean now, you will when you ask the mugen guild forums ;p)
"Super move doesn't activate, do it again at innapropriate time" Hell. Yeah.
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

Snicket wrote:Alright, i just found something out. Visual Studio has a 'fighting game' template that you can down load. So if we can find some people who know C# then we'll be in business.

Oooh, Link? also funnily enough C# is my main programming language, although I'm not that great so at best if this is the road the game is gonna take I will only be able to provide minor help here and there, but I'm still up for it.