Would you date a girl/guy with a physical disability?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

EmP|ty

Re: Would you date a girl/guy with a physical disability?

Post by EmP|ty »

EternalLurker wrote:On the bright side, Empty, you could listen to whatever music you want and your deaf girlfriend would never disagree with your taste. You could listen to music all day and night and she'd never scream at you to turn the volume down. ^_^

Haha, damn that is an appealing bright side...hmmmm :twisted:
SivakAurak

Post by SivakAurak »

EternalLurker wrote:On the bright side, Empty, you could listen to whatever music you want and your deaf girlfriend would never disagree with your taste. You could listen to music all day and night and she'd never scream at you to turn the volume down. ^_^

This reminds me of one time with my ex. She was over at my house which is pretty secluded, and when no-one was home I would crank music. Since she was deaf, I didn't think she would notice or care. Apparently she could feel the music through the floor.

Then she made me turn it down. "I know that's loud, you'll lose your hearing!"
^^^A very bad man^^^
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Well, yeah, sure, if you're the kind of person who plays music so loudly that every time you pass me on the road you make my entire car shake all over the fucking place and I just wanna STAB YOUR FUCKING EYES OUT --

Then yes, anyone can feel it. So don't do that.

Jerks, the lot o' ya. (-.-)
Jojje

Post by Jojje »

3d pig disgusting.

In all seriousness though, yeah, I think I would. If I was gonna date a deaf girl though I'd have to learn sign language
"Yeah, I like doing it in a horizontal position more, if you know what I mean.
But it can't be helped, can't ask the wall to lay down."
shinigami_mai

Post by shinigami_mai »

To Start slightly ot,i just found this board about a week ago been out of the seen for several years and just got back into these type of games, and i love it so far, back on topic this game is so far is eerily similar to my life, i personaly don't have a disability but my wife is deaf, i met her in collage (not a special one but just a regular private one) and i did not know sign language at the time so it was mostly writing back and forth and occasionally a translator, i eventually learned to sign.(incidentally Shizune birthday is the same as my wife's) we fell in love dated for 2 years then got engaged to be married after we graduated, Been together now for almost 18 years, it was not all roses and sunrises, but we made it through and love each other very much, so to answer the question YES i would date a girl that has a physical disability.

just on a personal note i like the way Shizune is going but i currently have more of a pull to lilly, i get the impression she a lot more interesting than she seems.

just my opinion take it for what it is worth.
From darkness we are born, to darkness we return, but who is to say the light in-between can not be joyous.
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

shinigami_mai wrote:my wife is deaf, i met her in collage (not a special one but just a regular private one) and i did not know sign language at the time so it was mostly writing back and forth and occasionally a translator, i eventually learned to sign.
Little off-topic here... How long did it take for you to learn? Since I'm assuming here that Hisao would still have to learn to sign during Shizune's path, would it be, in real life, reasonable to expect him to learn it during the semester that this game takes place?
shinigami_mai

Post by shinigami_mai »

It is pretty difficult to learn, it is like learning another language, so depending on how dedicated he would be, he could have a basic understanding and use but it would take 1-2 years to be proficient at it, one thing i forgot to mention is that my wife could read lips as well so as long as he speaks plainly and towards her just a semester of training would at least be good enough to muttel through with.
From darkness we are born, to darkness we return, but who is to say the light in-between can not be joyous.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Nightdragon wrote:
Bara wrote:And if we are throwing "maybes" around; "maybe" the SF Giants will win the World Series in my lifetime. :lol:
I think it would be better saying if the Cubs will win a World Series ever again.
The thing is I don't CARE about the Cubs. I only care about my team. :D
Silly as it sounds, I think I'd have more trouble with dating a LA Dodger fan than a disabled person. By this, I mean that being a Dodger fan is a matter of choice (a disgusting choice) and most disabled people have no choice at all about being disabled.
I still fall into the camp that thinks that compatibility of mind trumps physical problems. There are so many more obstacles of philosophy and temperment than a quick check of the number and functionality of limbs and organs.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

Honestly saying, I don't mind one way or another. I sometimes imagined myself losing my sight when I'm walking, feeling deaf for real when I had a block in one of my ears for one full month before washing it away in the hospital (Enough to make me severely depressed), and so on. The thing is, we're still human. So yes, the answer is.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
shinigami_mai

Post by shinigami_mai »

compatibility of mind trumps physical problems. There are so many more obstacles of philosophy and temperament than a quick check of the number and functionality of limbs and organs
This is just the best point that can be made.
Callonia

Post by Callonia »

My answer to that, is yes. For myself, I'm deaf, and also been deaf since I was born, so deaf girls isn't a problem for me at all :P And well, for missing limbs, I have no idea, because I haven't any experience with dealings of people with missing arms or legs..

You can walk past them all the day and not know at all unless they were signing.. whenever a hearing person talk to me or speak to me any time during whenever I'm walking to somewhere they usually panic a little bit coz its always right out of blue for them as they learn that I'm deaf, I tend to reply back with my text from my cell phone. They're always hesitant though.. XD

As for music, I LOVE MUSIC, I can't get enough of it ever. I'm planning on getting a boombox and subwoofers so that I will always get to enjoy music whenever I feel like it, however I bet it would get annoying to listen to some music 24/7 so on and off there. Dunno but music just raises my spirit, all I miss out on is just the lyrics? I know I cannot fully appreciate the music but, I enjoy the music. I've listened to enough music to differ which one are upbeat and which ones are sad or wild.

Edit: Oh yes.. one more thing.. my deafness just simply vanishes whenever I'm on internet Been a top raider on wow, people always surprised to learn that I'm deaf. But never changes anything XD Mostly coz internet communication is done over text.
Evilan

Post by Evilan »

Sure I would date a girl with a disability. I have a disability myself and I can respect anyone else's as easily. I'm currently blind in 1 eye, yet I can function as normally as others can, so I'm guessing another disabled person has found a way to work around their problems as well.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

Callonia wrote:My answer to that, is yes. For myself, I'm deaf, and also been deaf since I was born, so deaf girls isn't a problem for me at all :P And well, for missing limbs, I have no idea, because I haven't any experience with dealings of people with missing arms or legs..

You can walk past them all the day and not know at all unless they were signing.. whenever a hearing person talk to me or speak to me any time during whenever I'm walking to somewhere they usually panic a little bit coz its always right out of blue for them as they learn that I'm deaf, I tend to reply back with my text from my cell phone. They're always hesitant though.. XD

As for music, I LOVE MUSIC, I can't get enough of it ever. I'm planning on getting a boombox and subwoofers so that I will always get to enjoy music whenever I feel like it, however I bet it would get annoying to listen to some music 24/7 so on and off there. Dunno but music just raises my spirit, all I miss out on is just the lyrics? I know I cannot fully appreciate the music but, I enjoy the music. I've listened to enough music to differ which one are upbeat and which ones are sad or wild.

Edit: Oh yes.. one more thing.. my deafness just simply vanishes whenever I'm on internet Been a top raider on wow, people always surprised to learn that I'm deaf. But never changes anything XD Mostly coz internet communication is done over text.
OK i'll bite. If you are deaf then how do you listen to music? I understand you could feel vibrations if the music is loud but that's not listening to it.

And I find it hard to believe that you are a top raider. While it's true that deafness disappears while on the internet for a raider hearing is important because they typically use vent (read voice chat)

During a fight it's hard to type so this program is used to call out things quickly. I'm skeptical here. Can I see your Armory?
Juno

Post by Juno »

Ubergeneral's disability is being unable to type and fight at the same time. Confirmed. :mrgreen:
Tweaked

Post by Tweaked »

If I was genuinely interested in her, I see no reason not too date someone with a disability.
That is, assuming she likes me too.