Blindness cured...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

techk8

Blindness cured...

Post by techk8 »

techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
-abscess

Re: Blindness cured...

Post by -abscess »

That looks really creepy. But if it works, who am I to say "no" to it? it gives me the impression that the procedure still needs to be developed, but it at the same time seems really promising to some blind people.
The only question left to ask is if that could work for Lilly. The woman lost her sight, but there was a time where she could see. Lilly, on the other hand, has been blind since birth, so it probably wouldn't work for her.
Exdi

Post by Exdi »

There was a story on Yahoo a long time ago about a lady who got rid of her blindness after hitting her head against a coffee table or something. Can't remember if she was blind since birth or not, but that's a way more interesting cure.
Not really a fan of plays on words. I perfer ones on stages.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

I remember seeing something on TV when i was a kid, about a possible blindness cure. It had to do with a lenses that was inserted into the eye that worked like a pupel. They did it on a guy that was blind since he was 4 years old.
Embrodak

Post by Embrodak »

You think it stays red like that? Looked a tad swollen in the video. Maybe they could dye it or something...
ever17

Post by ever17 »

Exdi wrote:There was a story on Yahoo a long time ago about a lady who got rid of her blindness after hitting her head against a coffee table or something. Can't remember if she was blind since birth or not, but that's a way more interesting cure.
I wonder if that would work on my headache
AnonymousOfNorway

Post by AnonymousOfNorway »

That's really freaking cool.
Loved tenderly: Emi (g), Hanako (g), Lily (g). Friend-zoned: Shizune, Rin. To-do: Kenji, Yuuko, Misha

Post by Guest »

On the topic of curing blindness, scientists are still dorks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikachurin
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

I suddenly crave a good cup of coffee.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
kobe

Post by kobe »

Guest wrote:On the topic of curing blindness, scientists are still dorks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikachurin
Hahaha, yeah, I stumbled upon that page too a day ago, when looking up if pikachu could learn fly and surf using the pokéwalker. trivia is fun!
Pikachurin *snicker*
trekki859

Post by trekki859 »

you know i get the feeling that as a cure for blindness it wont realy go over to well on a mass scale cause i for one would go blind looking at someone with an eye like that. yea a picture is one thing but seeing them blink and it move around... yea i think id claw my eyes out
in the wise words of Jack O'neill ..."what?"
AnonymousOfNorway

Post by AnonymousOfNorway »

trekki859 wrote:you know i get the feeling that as a cure for blindness it wont realy go over to well on a mass scale cause i for one would go blind looking at someone with an eye like that. yea a picture is one thing but seeing them blink and it move around... yea i think id claw my eyes out
A cure for b̴l̴i̴n̴d̴n̴e̴s̴s. I̴t̴ c̴o̴̴m̴e̴͙̪̮͎̼̼ͧs.
zalgo1.jpg
zalgo1.jpg (22.43 KiB) Viewed 7991 times
Loved tenderly: Emi (g), Hanako (g), Lily (g). Friend-zoned: Shizune, Rin. To-do: Kenji, Yuuko, Misha
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

Perhaps it could be made to look better in the future. To us who has normal vision, we simply cannot compare our desires to those who are blind.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
dilleuxlepaire

Post by dilleuxlepaire »

Well, I have some issues about finding cures to blindness.

For "I wasn't blind before *x* happened" cases, it's interesting. They can "get back" the vision they had and life goes on.
[/everything gets back to normal]

But for the "blind since birth" cases, it gets tricky. If threated at birth, there wouldn't be any problem.(I guess. The toddler will grow up and live without probably knowing he was blind at some point.) But for someone who since birth never "saw", it can be scary. They are used to their "bases" (sense) to live. And boom, you see. Kind of the opposite of a "normal"(term used for seeing, earing...you get the point.) person suddenly becoming blind. Had bases. Lost them. Sure, there are adaptations. But somehow, isn't it just more easy to live in what you are the most used to?

I saw a movie, once. Can't recall the title.

Some scientist(s) find(s) a cure for blindness, and test(s) it on a guy. He's happy, and all, at first, but then shit hits the fan. He can't make any difference between pictures and objects(Can't make the difference between an apple and the picture of said apple.). He keep on crashing into windows. He also have a hard time when dealing with distances(He will analyze a far away apple as a smaller apple.). Now imagine him, in a city, waiting to cross a street flowing with cars.

Bliss, isn't it?

I don't mind with science finding a cure, as long as it isn't FOR GREAT PERFECTION OF HUMANITY.
Cheers.