Real colors!

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
techk8

Real colors!

Post by techk8 »

So, I was flying through Google JP and found RAITA's legendary page. Buuuut, it's recolored in a different way. A bit more realistic.
Attachments
katawa1.jpg
katawa1.jpg (92.5 KiB) Viewed 7162 times
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
ubergeneral

Re: Real colors!

Post by ubergeneral »

that's pretty interesting. I wonder what would have happened if the orginal person that colored it had chosen these colors instead?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

This is pretty well done. Anyway, the eyes and hair (and their colors) often are the most striking characteristics of anime styled characters. With all of them having 'real'-ish hair colors, it seems a bit bland to me.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

I generally prefer realistic hair colours, but they only really work on some character designs.

IMO Raita's don't lend itself too well to it, as his art tends to be be very stylised. Amagami and Kimikiss's designs, however, are particularly nice thanks to their lack of fantastic stylisation (at least compared to other dating sims and VNs).
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Really nice, though IMHO Shizune's hair probably would benefit from a little darkening and Lilly's needs to be less.. muddy gray-brown.
静音是买外夫
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Lilly looks like a frakkin' old lady.
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

Caesius wrote:Lilly looks like a frakkin' old lady.

Seconded.

And I hate Emi's hair there.
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

It doesn't make much sense that they are wearing different coloured skirts.

Rin's doesn't suit her in the slightest.
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

EmP|ty wrote:Seconded.

And I hate Emi's hair there.
I've always hated Emi's hair on the original Raita page. Shizune's too. This just makes them worse.

Quidoo wrote:It doesn't make much sense that they are wearing different coloured skirts.

Rin's doesn't suit her in the slightest.
It might have something to do with the fact that Rin doesn't wear a skirt in the demo.

That said, I like how they did Rin and Hanako, but they look fairly close to how they turned out in the demo anyway.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

I actually really like this recolor except for the skirts which make no sense whatsoever.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

DuaneMoody wrote:I actually really like this recolor except for the skirts which make no sense whatsoever.
At a guess, they're meant to delineate years. First years, red. Second years, green. Third years, blue.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Aren't the heroines all the same age though? In that vein, did this artist color this before or after playing the demo? Because they may not know certain things. And even if they did know, perhaps they were just going for a different approach to the characters with the differently colored skirts.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

G3n0c1de wrote:Aren't the heroines all the same age though? In that vein, did this artist color this before or after playing the demo? Because they may not know certain things. And even if they did know, perhaps they were just going for a different approach to the characters with the differently colored skirts.
I would imagine that they already played the demo. They did get the green skirt and white shirt right for most of the girls. I think they may have just wanted to add a little touch of originality with the different coloured skirts, like you suggested. Or it could be a coincidence that they got the same uniform as in the demo (unlikely, in my opinion).
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"
toast

Post by toast »

G3n0c1de wrote:This is pretty well done. Anyway, the eyes and hair (and their colors) often are the most striking characteristics of anime styled characters. With all of them having 'real'-ish hair colors, it seems a bit bland to me.
You gotta have the blue hair!
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Quidoo wrote: I would imagine that they already played the demo.
Definitely not, this is very old, I've seen it years ago. It is probably an alternative take on the original colored page though.