Hanako vs. Shizune

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ubergeneral

Hanako vs. Shizune

Post by ubergeneral »

In a game of chess.

Well we found out that Hannako likes to play chess with lily. That was an interesting development. But how good do you think she is? Do you think she could defeat Shizune? If hanako challenged her Shizune would almost certainly accept. Do you think Hanako has what it takes to win?
TemporaryFile7

Re: Hanako vs. Shizune

Post by TemporaryFile7 »

Shizune beat Hisao at Risk and Hisao beat Hanako at chess. Shizune > Hisao > Hanako; Shizune > Hanako. This means Shizune would beat Hanako.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Hanako was defeated by Hisao. Shizune is probably better than Hisao, if her cunning and tactical prowess displayed during her game of Risk is any indication. I think Chess, with all its strategy, is a game that Shizune would enjoy... well, she'd enjoy destroying her opponent, at least. Anyway, unless Hanako was purposely holding back, she won't stand a chance against Shizune. She needs to be able to beat Hisao first.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

I think Hanako would be too damn intimidated by Shizune to move anything other than a pawn or two.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Bombard

Post by Bombard »

Hanako would be too intimidated to show up to the match.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Given that the internet seemingly doesn't exist at Yamaku and Hanako is unlikely to have ever played with anyone else besides Lily since she was a kid, I highly doubt she is any good at chess. You can really only be as good as the people you play, and odds are, Lily isn't a chess prodigy.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

Thirding overwhelming intimidation.
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Notguest wrote:Given that the internet seemingly doesn't exist at Yamaku and Hanako is unlikely to have ever played with anyone else besides Lily since she was a kid, I highly doubt she is any good at chess. You can really only be as good as the people you play, and odds are, Lily isn't a chess prodigy.
Where do you get that there are no internetz in Yamaku?
Akira

Post by Akira »

G3n0c1de wrote:She needs to be able to beat Hisao first.
Sensing a possible side quest here. Where Hanako gains the confidence and skill from her relationship with Hisao to defeat Shizune at chess :D

...Well, maybe not. I just get some odd ideas sometimes :wink:
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

-abscess wrote:
Notguest wrote:Given that the internet seemingly doesn't exist at Yamaku and Hanako is unlikely to have ever played with anyone else besides Lily since she was a kid, I highly doubt she is any good at chess. You can really only be as good as the people you play, and odds are, Lily isn't a chess prodigy.
Where do you get that there are no internetz in Yamaku?
As far as I can remember, electronics have never been mentioned in the game (apart from the TV), let alone computers.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Notguest wrote:As far as I can remember, electronics have never been mentioned in the game (apart from the TV), let alone computers.
Incorrect. You can spot something as early as the first day, and there are mentions in text, the first I can think of on Friday.
Anyway, trust me the stuff is there, just part of the background as in real life. We know better than to try keeping e-toys from teenagers. Or from their teachers. :mrgreen:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Juno

Post by Juno »

You all are now picturing Hanako playing Fritz.
And Shizune using Winamp.
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

Shizune doesn't know how to play chess.

See, I know plenty of smart people, but they don't all play chess.
Annoyingvideochar

Post by Annoyingvideochar »

Shizune would win just from determination. Even if she doesn't play Chess, she would quickly learn how to play and win.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

To the topic in general I can just reply that I have no idea who would win such a match.

Maybe I am a little bit off of the exact terminology but I begin to assume that some of the speculations posted here seem like deliberate flanderizations of Shizune and Hanako to me.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.