Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pickles

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Pickles »

Flaunting new sig.

Now I wish my contribution was worthy of being flaunted...

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Pickles wrote:Flaunting new sig.
Quite stylish, isn't it? All the "cool" kids in school have it. :D
Pickles wrote:Now I wish my contribution was worthy of being flaunted...
Meh, like any one person churned out over 3.6 million WU points solo. It took over 100 active members, all chipping in what they could; as they could. Be proud of what you did, if only for it being good to advance human knowledge even a tiny bit.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

If not then to give the people at the power company a job for all the electricity you use running your systems more than average.

I don't pay my utility bills on my campus, so I've started running my Playstation 24/7, minus an occasional break it gets when I accidentally hit the shut down system button through force of habit and get lazy in turning it back on. That's where most of my WUs came from.

[/e penor]

Besides, you do have something to flaunt at - doesn't matter how long you've been at it, you have more WUs than 90% of the team.
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Pickles wrote:Flaunting new sig.

Now I wish my contribution was worthy of being flaunted...
12th in a team of near 170 isn't half bad. And when that team is one of the most active in the project, well even better.
Kota

Post by Kota »

You bastards are lucky. I've spent at least the last 2 days in stasis, due to what has finally appeared to be a bad ram slot on my mobo. I'm going to have to RMA it too, so that means my C2D is down for awhile. Still, I might be able to use my 8800gt in another computer, so don't get TOO excited; that thing is at least 4k PPD on its own.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Waru

Post by Waru »

Decided to give this a go since my 4890 has been pretty much wasting away without a proper use. :D
JetAlone

Post by JetAlone »

Looks like Calguns is ahead of us again in PPD. And by Calguns, I mean the 2 people who contribute 80% of their points. :roll:
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

Does it really matter if one team overtakes us? According to ExtremeOverclocking, they're still 4.5 months away from overtaking us, while we're within about 8 hours of overtaking 5 different teams as of this post.
Bara

Post by Bara »

darkblade986 wrote:Does it really matter if one team overtakes us? According to ExtremeOverclocking, they're still 4.5 months away from overtaking us, while we're within about 8 hours of overtaking 5 different teams as of this post.
Not to my mind. If they want to crank out the the WU's; more power to them. No one can say if the 2 main producers for them will be able to keep up the pace for month after month. Which is why I think it is better for a team to be widely based. I've had problems and had to take my folders down for about 4.5 days but the KS team did not stall or fall back. It kept chugging along.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

It doesn't matter if they're going to overtake us. More protein is being folded, that is the important thing. If anything, competition is good for this project, as it gives more incentive for people to fold.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Old crappy P4 test server no longer on desk. New Core 2 duo test server running 64 bit Linux in its place, running F@H. Seems to be able to crunch 12500 steps in an hour, FWIW.
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

DuaneMoody wrote:Old crappy P4 test server no longer on desk. New Core 2 duo test server running 64 bit Linux in its place, running F@H. Seems to be able to crunch 12500 steps in an hour, FWIW.

Don't forget to OC it! I'm not much of an overclocker myself, and never thought I'd actually count every one of my hertz, but this folding business made me push my CPU. It turned out to be much easier than I thought it would be.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Pickles wrote:
DuaneMoody wrote:Old crappy P4 test server no longer on desk. New Core 2 duo test server running 64 bit Linux in its place, running F@H. Seems to be able to crunch 12500 steps in an hour, FWIW.

Don't forget to OC it! I'm not much of an overclocker myself, and never thought I'd actually count every one of my hertz, but this folding business made me push my CPU. It turned out to be much easier than I thought it would be.
Q6700 2.66Ghz overclocked to 3Ghz here. Not a huge increase, but I can get a few hundred more PPD out of it. Any more clocking though and my CPU might burst into flame, it already hits 70 celcius under load, which is pretty high.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Pickles wrote:Don't forget to OC it!
Dell Optiplex 755. If there's a way to OC a Dell, I'm all ears. Also please remember this is a spare PC I'm using to test as a Joomla content management system (as a future replacement for an Apache/Perl website currently running on a Solaris box).
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

DuaneMoody wrote:
Pickles wrote:Don't forget to OC it!
Dell Optiplex 755. If there's a way to OC a Dell, I'm all ears. Also please remember this is a spare PC I'm using to test as a Joomla content management system (as a future replacement for an Apache/Perl website currently running on a Solaris box).
Hardware Manufacturers usually put a lock on the Multiplier and Voltage manipulators so people don't void their warranties.