[K*S RPG stats] SO I HERD YOU LIKE BLISS STAGE

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

laharl

Re: [K*S RPG stats] SO I HERD YOU LIKE BLISS STAGE

Post by laharl »

Tsundere Lightning wrote:...It's a major improvement over mine, honestly. :oops: :lol: It's subtler, and it does make the HIGH INTIMACY == LURVE fallacy that I made unconsciously. Rin did NOT have a 4/foo relationship with her in the scenario in my mind unless they've had secret make-out sessions I wasn't privy to.

Also, oh jesus. That Hanako is yours if you want it, Laharl.

Uh. sure. if no one else wants it i'm in.
I tried writing something funny or DEEP here. But i couldn't think of anything.
Tsundere Lightning

Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Would anyone here terribly mind having the anonymous posters in /tg/ judge the Interludes? By way of translating that from game terms to English, an impartial judge or team of judges must decide the mechanical effect of between-mission roleplay, or Interludes.

Example:

Rin starts to verbally kick herself for failing hard at a critical mission; because of her failure to intercept a drone, she reasons, Subaru got hit with a falling chunk of masonry and is unconscious. Hisao tries to tell her she did her best, but she grows increasingly more negative and self-abusive. Hisao finally frowns, then grabs her and kisses her, mostly to shut her up, and says, "Stop it. You did good."

Assuming this is a 3 Intimacy, 2 Trust, 2 Stress Relationship and that Rin has a point or two of Trauma, is this:
1: Intimacy Building (For the first kiss)?
2: Stress Relief (For Rin getting that off her chest to Hisao, and his Shut Up Kiss to reassure her)?
3: Trauma Relief (For Rin generally being emo and ventilating her problems)?

There's no right answer. Short version: Should we do this ourselves, or do you trust Anonymous to judge fairly?
Shizune apologist, Rin fan, semipro visual novelist, noted attention whore

I write KS fanfic. I preread KS fanfic. PM me with requests for either.
delta wrote: I've been caustic and mean since before 4chan even existed.
Srikali

Post by Srikali »

I don't quite trust a non e-moose on their judgment. Also, I've got a name and a concept for my pilot with the name "Hibiki Shirogane" my Anchor shall be an Irish girl who was vacationing in Japan at the time of the invasion, named "Lucia Cass". Starting relationships incoming.
Rue rue, combat the government.
Tsundere Lightning

Your proposal is... satisfactory.

Stat him as an Eager Young Soldier - I've sent the link - once we figure out who else is here.

Anchor confirmed.

Who is your minor character?

----

Also, one vote of no confidence in Anonymous as a judge.

Post your concepts, guise.

The Commissar

Post by The Commissar »

I just have a concept for pilot at the moment, but he's basically the son of an Italian immigrant who was born without functioning legs. His family was wealthy, and true to Italian families, wanted the best for their kid, so put him at Yamaku. He's prideful, bullheaded, and sometimes ignorant of what's going on, but he means well, and loyal to the end. I call him Alessandro D'Angeli, or in English Alexander (goes by Alex) D'Angeli (which means (son) of Angels).

I will have an anchor for him tomorrow, when I don't have a 2 and a half hour Arabic class.
Resident "morale officer".
Tsundere Lightning

This is slowly turning into an actual Bliss Stage game instead of a crossover between KS and Bliss Stage, which is actually kind of nice.

Your character is approved; also, being unable to use your legs is not a problem in an ANIMa, so woo.

I guess that most of my minors are going to end up being canon characters at this point, unless other people want to app Rin, Shizune, Misha et al.

----

Who is the Authority Figure? The Nurse? Muto? Shizune? J Random Adult?

Srikali

Post by Srikali »

Personally, I don't quite care much about what minor character I get. As for authority, that is also up to you.
Well here's the starting relationships for Hibiki although it's probably not final, as I don't know much about the other player's pilots yet. Eager young soldier template.
Starting Bliss: 14
Relationships:
4/1 Kenji Setou. "I don't like him. Not at all. I would have ripped his head off if Hisao hadn't stopped me. He's incredibly disrespectful towards the girls, and I believe in a thing called chivalry." (Int 4 is for a fight.)
3/2 Slot reserved for anchor.
2/2 Alessandro D'Angeli "He can be a prick sometimes, but we understand each other, and he's a competent pilot."
2/1 Hanako Ikezawa "She really is a nice person. But a girl like her has no place in combat."
2/2 Hisao Nakai "His calmness is probably a good influence on me, and he probably stopped me from killing Kenji."
1/4 Lilly Satoh "She seems trustworthy enough, and Hanako seems to think highly of her."
1/2 everyone else
Rue rue, combat the government.
Tsundere Lightning

Minor characters I'm tossing about so far.

Five players total? Four minors plus an authority.

Subaru - Computer Technician: ANIMa maintainer

Subaru is a fairly normal, if nerdy, girl who just happens to be a MMORPG afficionado, or at least was when the Bliss hit. Now she maintains the complex computer link-ups of the ANIMa device. She was admitted to Yamaku from an early age because she was unable to walk, but can get around rather well in her wheelchair.

Kenji - Scavenger
The original Cool Story Bro needs no introduction; in this universe he's a scavenger and a tinker, fixing mechanical things needing fixing.

Emi and Shizune
Assuming they aren't taken as Anchors or Pilots or whatnot by the others of course. I may NEED to hand them off to others. Emi cooks, Shizune organizes and makes >:C faces at people who don't pull their weight.

EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

You don't have 5 people yet, right? Can I hop in? Link me up to the rules (all I know about the game comes from your TV Tropes page and this thread) if so, or I'll find 'em online myself somewhere when I have more time starting Friday. I'll probably stat up one of my Yamaku OCs.

EDIT: Damnit, it appears I missed ya by a minute.
Tsundere Lightning

EternalLurker wrote:EDIT: Damnit, it appears I missed ya by a minute.
Actually, in before the last application.

Go right ahead.

EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Awesome. So with Srikali, Commissar, laharl, and myself, that's four players, assuming cheezegrater is not joining as he said he wouldn't. I've just recruited another person who'll probably be applying in a few minutes. Then we should be ready to go, so let's get an IRC room ready or something.

EDIT: Or a few hours because he's a slow piece of crap. Damnit, Illithid.
Illithid scrbe

Post by Illithid scrbe »

If you still have room I'd love to join.

I've been lurking around this forum for awhile now but this thread convinced me to make an account, looking at this I had the strangest obsession with playing a narcoleptic student as a pilot. I would need an awesome anchor to pull it off, but the concept of combining a few of the more esoteric problems associated with Katawa and giant mecha run on the power of love is simply too amusing to pass on. Not sure yet what I would do for an anchor or a minor yet but I have a few thoughts, I would like to see more of what others are doing for pilots before creating an anchor.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

There ya are. Guess we're all set, then, whether it's you or cheezegrater in.

I call Shirakawa Yuuko as a minor character, by the way. My Anchor and Pilot will be OCs.

I've got an IRC room at irc://irc.irchighway.net/#KSBS which is Restricted (meaning you have to register a username with NickServ on irchighway before you can join the channel). My username there is EternalLurker. I figure that's the easiest server to use since the official KS chatroom is there, so most people here probably have nicks there anyway. Once TsundereLightning joins the room I'll of course make him the channel founder.

EDIT: It has occurred to me, during the creation of this room, that irchighway's servers suck. A lot. So I've also created a freenode room. Predictably, it's at irc://irc.freenode.net/#KSBS and I'll be logged into it at pretty much all times, unlike the failgasmic irchighway one. Enjoy.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

TWO TIMES POST!

Because no one's on IRC despite being in this thread repeatedly, which I s'pose might have something to do with the fact that I didn't say when we should go online and discuss stuff.

How's some time before midnight strike you for specifics? I'm a decisive guy, I am.
Tsundere Lightning

Illithid scrbe wrote:If you still have room I'd love to join.

I've been lurking around this forum for awhile now but this thread convinced me to make an account, looking at this I had the strangest obsession with playing a narcoleptic student as a pilot. I would need an awesome anchor to pull it off, but the concept of combining a few of the more esoteric problems associated with Katawa and giant mecha run on the power of love is simply too amusing to pass on. Not sure yet what I would do for an anchor or a minor yet but I have a few thoughts, I would like to see more of what others are doing for pilots before creating an anchor.
If we cannot has Cheesegrater, then you would be the final entrant. Welcome.

I have a few requests:

1) We have a Hanako and by default a Lilly as her Anchor; I would very much like someone to take the K*S canon characters as minors, Pilots or Anchors, especially the ones that Hanako as written has relationships to (Misha and Rin, mostly; I'm ready to play Kenji, Emi and Shizune as minors, though if someone wants to take them from me be my guest.)

2) I'd like your votes as to who the (adult, un-Blissed) Authority Figure is. The Nurse and/or Muto fit, but aren't a given. I'd also like suggestions on HOW, exactly, they dodged the Bliss.

3) Once we get the Pilots in, I'll make an Anchor circle; you do NOT portray your Anchor, but the Anchor of another Pilot. Please name your Anchors either after UR WAI- errr, canon characters from any given fandom that you have a crush on; lost childhood loves; or at least lost childhood friends.

4) After some deliberation, I've decided that I'm going to post the mission and Interlude logs to /tg/ to spread the Blisslove (insert "Viral, marketing" copypasta here); you can also suggest Interlude and Mission calls on there, to be run over IRC (play by post hates me, and the feeling is mutual). Anonymous will Judge the interludes, on the grounds that while I wouldn't trust them to post any Interlude suggestions other than "[x] Epic Rin Footjob," they won't have the chance - just the chance to decide if (for example) a sex scene with Shizune is
[]INTIMACY 5 GET, FOR GREAT JUSTICE
[]GDAWW, SO CUTE have a point of Trust / enjoy your makeup sex, I mean Stress Relief
[]TRAUMA RELIEF. CHEER UP EMO KID
...which is far less disruptive, and might actually be fun. If anyone strenuously objects, say so now.

5) For the above reason, if any of you have talent at shooping, I'd like to PM you some photoshoop requests for that thread; some Bliss Stage related, some Katawa Shoujo related, and some Katawa Stage related.

Also, Eternal Lurker: If you have g-mail accounts, PM me; I'm much more accessible there. Also, I'm on Pacific Time.