Who was your final Katawa Shoujo girl?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Siphonata

Who was your final Katawa Shoujo girl?

Post by Siphonata »

Considering that a thread for your first girl already exists, I think it's fair to have a counterpart related to the last girl you picked. The one that you either put off because you though that you'd hate, or because you actually disliked her. Or maybe you wanted to save her for last because you wanted to give the others a chance? Or maybe her route was the one that you had high expectations of, and one that you'd be sure would be worth the wait.

Anyways, my final route was Hanako's. My plan had been to save her's for last so I could give the other girls a chance, and I'm glad I did. I first discovered Hanako via YTPs called Micheal Rosen falls in Love and Micheal Rosen plays Katawa Shoujo. Later on, I'd meet a forum member (who turned out to be sockpuppet of someone who'd later become a friend of mine, but that's a long, complex story) elsewhere who had Hanako as her avatar and I ended up having a crush on her. Those factors along with Hanako's personality is what made me come to love her, and when the time came to play her route, I was so happy.

The route felt rather smooth, and while I do wish that I got to spend more time with Hanako herself, I did enjoy the time I got to spend with her. Her bad ending route made me feel anxiety and fear, and "Missteps" is the most painful scene to watch in the entire game, with me feeling anxiety, fear and rage on Hanako's behalf as my reactions alternate between "Hisao, please stop" and "Hisao, please stop making this about yourself". Despite my dislike for Lily's route, I did enjoy Hanako there and it was nice to see her becoming more independant by joining the newspaper club and planning to travel to Hokkaido, events which I still believe could happen after Hanako's good ending.

"Punishment is not the answer. Punishment is easy. It's lazy. Redemption is hard. Redemption makes you work."-Skulduggery Pleasant

Siphonata's One Stop Shop: Entrance Here

OtakuNinja

Re: Who was your final Katawa Shoujo girl?

Post by OtakuNinja »

Shizune was the last route I played, because I simply found the other girls more interesting. I played it once, got the bad ending. Loaded my save, got the good ending. Hated the route. Never went back...

Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

ItMy last route was Lilly's. I don't remember if there was any particular reason; I think it just shook out that way. The fact that hers is the only route with an epilogue threw me; I went back and replayed some other route (don't remember which) to see if having played through all the routes meant I'd unlocked something.

Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Hotaru

Post by Hotaru »

Shizune was also my last route.
I find her the least interesting of the girls and I've never botherd replaying it.
Glad it at least didn't fall for the comfort trap

The road only ends when you say it ends
Jethro

Post by Jethro »

Rin was my last route. I found her fairly boring from the get go, both personality and design, leading me to throw her to the side. Her route ended up being far better than I originally expected. As the classic saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover.

nl4real

Post by nl4real »

I haven't actually played with Emi yet. I originally only did Hanako, Lilly, and Rin's routes. I ended up doing an AAR series last year on the subreddit. The plan was: replay Hanako (my favorite), play Shizune, replay Lilly, play Emi, then finish with a replay of Rin. I only got though my replay of Lilly before life got me way off track (lost my cat of almost 12 years, transferred to a new school that didn't work out). I wanna finish it at some point, but picking something up after I've been gone for a while is something I struggle really badly with.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Unlike a lot of the people here, I stayed away from the forums and fandom until I finished the game, and I did it with no maps or walkthroughs. I didn't even look at that page that tells you how much you've completed all the route.

This is why Lilly ended up as my final girl. There's one choice that separates you from Hanako and I didn't catch that choice until I went back and made sure I got every choice. Up until then, I had just thought Lilly was a supporting character for Hanako.

Not Dead Yet