How did KS change your life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

LooperHonstropy

How did KS change your life?

Post by LooperHonstropy »

There's only two games that has legitimately affected and changed the trajectory of my life. Those being:

• Persona 3

• And Katawa Shoujo

For KS, it's not in the way that it cured my depression or something, no. But in a way that it became a catalyst to something that would lead me to my
life's passion.

See once upon a time I played KS and went on Lilly's route. I had done Emi's route prior, making this my second playthrough. I originally aimed to do Bacon Hanako's path, but in the middle of it, I felt this strange longing for the beautiful blondie. So I pivoted, and ended up on Lilly's path.

To make it short, I fell in love with Lilly. I fell in love with not just how she looks, but also her calm and caring demeanor, which hides her playful and needy "desire". I felt extremely compelled to make fan-art of Lilly.

At this point, I was mainly an SFM artist, who gets whatever assets I can get in the workshop. Unsurprisingly, searching up Katawa Shoujo comes up with nothing. If I wanted to make fan-art of Lilly, I had to switch my methods.

Luckily, I have a drawing pad that I got for my birthday which I rarely used prior. I dusted it off and began sketching again.

Needless to say, I had room for improvement.

But the thing is, after that I kept going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and go-

And suddenly, I had an epiphany.

I want to do Art for a living!

I found that one calling that I'm truly passionate about. After years of drifting in life, not sure of what to do with my life, I finally found that one thing I want to do so badly. And all because of some game from 4chan about cripple girls.

A year later, I ended up making a new Lilly Illustration

Personally, I'd say there's a subtle improvement.

This wouldn't have been possible without me discovering KS by chance. I find it scary that there's a me out there who's life hadn't crossed path with KS, and is living a very different life because of it. I am forever grateful that I had the chance to experience Katawa Shoujo because of it.

So yeah, that's my story. Sorry this ended up longer than expected. I would love to hear about other's life changing experience because of KS

TL;DR: Katawa Shoujo made me want to make fan-art. Realize that making art is my true passion, and is grateful that KS came to my life.

There was a time when I dread life.

But nowadays I burn that dread.