How long is Hisao's...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: How long is Hisao's...

Post by Aura »

The paths are of different length, but all five are reasonably close to three months of in-game time.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Tsundere Lightning

Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Thanks for the swift reply.

3 months, huh? Plenty of time to fall in love with Rin.
Shizune apologist, Rin fan, semipro visual novelist, noted attention whore

I write KS fanfic. I preread KS fanfic. PM me with requests for either.
delta wrote: I've been caustic and mean since before 4chan even existed.
das bruce

Post by das bruce »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:*dev rage*
This is, almost to the letter, the opinion of every single amatuer developer I have ever talked to, and I've been around the amatuer dev block.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I wonder why that is the case? Surely, something must be going on if the field is so united in their unwillingness to give progress updates.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents

Post by Guest »

This is, almost to the letter, the opinion of every single amatuer developer I have ever talked to, and I've been around the amatuer dev block.
There's a reason for that. Actually two.

One is the existence of people like the original poster of this thread, who doesn't just ask for a progress update, he demands one and also makes an asshat out of himself by whining about several things that I highlighted in my previous post. The biggest factor is that most of those complaint posts contain a tone of false entitlement and reverse victimisation. I say this from experience...when you spend several hours going through a 60+ entry bug list that just refuses to shrink because every time you fix something, another bug is reported somewhere else, the very LAST thing you need is some dumb poster coming over and griping about how he has so much free time and all he can do with it is wait for your darn game. Something about that "...but why won't anybody think about ME????!!!"-tone just seems to mock all the hard work you're putting into it. Let enough impatient posters in there and eventually, you'll start locking, then deleting the threads.

The other reason is even simpler. Imagine you going on vacation with the wife and kids. You get in the car and for the first couple of hours, the scenery is enough to keep the kids occupied. Then, BAM, traffic jam. You have no idea how long it'll take before you get out of it, you have no idea at what point things loosen up again, all you know is that there's a crapload of cars in front of you and every time you get past a turn or get to the top of an incline, the result is more cars as far as the eye can see. Then it starts...

"Are we there yet?"

A fair question and not unreasonable. So you start explaining about how you kinda know where you are NOW (and no, you don't know the EXACT amount of miles, goddamnit), but you don't know how long it'll take, so the best thing little Johnny can do is find some other way to keep himself entertained. Ten minutes later...

"Are we there yet?"

Your next answer will be similar to the first, but somewhat more curt. I mean, you'd like things to move faster yourself but that's not how reality works. And no, you STILL don't know when you'll arrive at your destination. Five minutes later...

"Are we there yet?"

I'm sure I could draw out the example for a couple of more pages, but I think most people see where I'm going. "When is it done?" is very much the "Are we there yet?" of the game development community. (heck, it even has the same amount of syllables) Repeat it often enough and even the Gandhi-type personalities will find it impossible to restrain their violent urges. Now, most people who are stuck in a traffic jam with nagging kids know that at the end of the day they'll arrive at their destination and the "are we there yet's" will stop. Now imagine enduring this for months or years on end. I rest my case.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

For me, anyway, as long as I have some reassurance that the devs are actively working on the game in any degree is enough to keep me patient. Judging from the active additions to the shimmie, and the constant presence of the devs on the channel and forums, I'm happy that at least they're still interested in KS and possibly (god forbid) working on finishing it as well :P . The most I feel entitled to is to be notified that a project is dropped, so as to not keep my hopes up for something that will never come to fruition.
静音是买外夫
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Nobody would ever publish a release date if they didn't have to, because quite frankly it's a pain in the ass and properly scheduling a production is probably one of the hardest parts in the whole thing. Commercial companies do - they have to book manufacturing, shelf space and most importantly advertising well in advance, not to mention that they have to pay staff salaries for as long as development takes and only getting anything back once it's released. Not having to set a release dates is one of the few advantages hobbyist developers have. It would be terminally stupid to give up this single luxury without getting the benefits.
Der Konzernschef

Post by Der Konzernschef »

Of course i know, that my post was absolutley offending.

however, i feel like this was the only method of getting some information from the devs.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

What made you think you had to be an ass to get what you wanted to know? You didn't even try asking nicely first; you just decided "oh I don't have the time for this, let's just jump straight to dickery!"

Way to be a demanding fuckwit.
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

Personally I think its good they don't have a status update thing. That way we don't get our hopes up for something and then cry when it get delayed for some unknown reason before it launches, kinda like HL2 if I recall correctly. About to release it, then some asshole comes in and fucks up the programing or something like that.

Also, I haven't played the game since I started posting on here, mainly because by the time the finished product comes out, I will have forgotten most of the preview and then be blown away by it all over again. Just keep on doing what you are doing devs.
Ninjask

Post by Ninjask »

They got a blog, but, do they use it correctly?
laharl

Post by laharl »

Der Konzernschef wrote:Of course i know, that my post was absolutley offending.

however, i feel like this was the only method of getting some information from the devs.
how does being an e-thug warrant any sort of response from the devs? I'm suprised anyone gave you a real answer at all. But I have not seen aura rage before, so meh. Although it would be funny to watch him rip your ignorance apart with a well written verbose retort. But meh, ye got lucky.
I tried writing something funny or DEEP here. But i couldn't think of anything.
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

Ninjask wrote:They got a blog, but, do they use it correctly?
There is no right or wrong way to use a blog, so how can they be using it incorrectly?
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

by pretending it's Twitter
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Nightdragon wrote:
Ninjask wrote:They got a blog, but, do they use it correctly?
There is no right or wrong way to use a blog, so how can they be using it incorrectly?
The only instance of misusing a blog I can think of would be excessive trolling. But so far there have been only very minor occasions of merely moderate trolling.
And especially in the games culture we are naturally hardened through the one big troll that is Duke Nukem Forever and it would be difficult to become superior to that kind of (for some people mean and unjustified) trolling.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.