Together forever, no matter what, right?

WORDS WORDS WORDS

ZystraL

Together forever, no matter what, right?

Post by ZystraL »

Harrumph. Something new again from me. This was a tiny idea, which hopefully hasn't sprouted too much. I've always wanted to write a fic using these characters, and hopfully I can do them justice. and yes I am writing from a boy's view this time.

---

I wake up a little colder than normal. She's hogged all the blankets again. I sigh as I turn the alarm clock off before rolling over to hug her in her sleep, waking her by accident.
Molly: "What time is it?"
Takeshi: "Ten to eight."
We get the same idea of snuggling up for a few more minutes, which she demonstrates by turning over to face me whilst covering me with some spare blanket.

We lie, eyes closed in an embrace, noses touching. Ahh, I haven't had this warm feeling since our wedding. I begin to daydream and reminisce on the past, back to the day we first met.

It was a cold winter day. 4th of Janurary if I recall correctly. It was my first year of high school, but unlike most of my friends who all went to the same high school as our middle school, I was off somewhere different. It was a place called Yamaku Academy, a boarding school specially for disabled children. At the time, I objected to my parents, to my teachers, to everyone, saying there was nothing wrong with me. But of course, there was. I was ashamed of my disability, partly because there were two, and partly because both were stupid and embarassing.

The first one was obvious. When I was very small, my parents were poor, so to save money I had my uncle cut my hair. My uncle never liked my side of the family because he always said that my father was a traitor, marrying a German woman rather than a Japanese woman. My mother of course, paid him no mind, even though it aggravated my father. One day, my uncle was drunk like he usually was when my mother asked him to cut my hair. Not long after blood was pouring from the left of my head and pain as I never such knew joined. Today, it's mostly healed, and the skin has reformed. I can go out in public without having to wear a cotton pad on my head, and there's a small hole where the skin stopped growing, so I can just about hear.

That wasn't the reason I was sent to Yamaku though. No, as luck would have it, I was born cursed with erectile dysfunction. Apparantly it had run in my mother's family for years, but her family was always daughters, so it never showed. I never understood - and I still don't why my parents would send me to Yamaku for something like that. Especially only for high school as well. I guess they wanted some professionals always on hand in case my hormones started reflowing again or something.

Of course, I can't hate my parents for sending me away. After all, a few days after I started high school, I was sitting alone in the arm room, painting like I usually do, when a girl in my class came up to me she. She was slightly tanned, meaning she was either from slightly south or had foreign heritage. It turned out to be the latter as I found out. At the time, she wore her hair in two plaits and was a tiny bit shorter and a tiny bit thinner than I was. She wasn't cute, and she wasn't droolingly beautiful, but rather, just the right level of pretty, with a small smile that could light up the sky. Not even her missing limbs could cause her fault. I was infatuated immediately.

We began talking more and more and getting friendlier and friendlier. The weeks turned into months which turned into the years. I was completely in love with her. We went from holding hands to hugging to kissing to the sort of things you'd only do behind closed doors. It was the typical romance story. And all typical romance stories have their bumps and knocks. Whenever we weren't together, she would always be with her friends. Friends who had the habit of only talking into my bad ear, which at the time was still undergoing some surgery and was being covered. Sometimes they'd use sign language to imply that I couldn't hear at all. On rare occasions, they'd speak to me with their left ear covered as well. I was infuriated. I just couldn't stand it.

It was halfway through our final year when I snapped. I was eating lunch with Molly when her friends sat with us. They began talking and whenever I was included they'd cover their ear. I was angered for the last time, but I didn't explode there. No, I was too good for that. Instead, I just stopped eating and went back to my room.

It took me an hour to find something good enough, but I eventually decided to use the same instrument that was used on me. I pulled a pair of silver scissors from my desk. I remember screaming to myself madly in my room, "Let's see how they like REALLY having one ear!"
Indeed. I was going to cut their ears off and see how they liked it. At the time, I didn't give a thought about consequences or the voice of reasoning. I just wanted revenge for all the misery they caused me.

As I sat in silence, contemplating my evil deed my door was knocked. My instinct at the time immediately assumed that it was the friends, coming to pick on me again. I opened the door and pulled the single person standing in the doorway into my free arm, making sure not to let go. I wasn't thinking. I was just looking at the ear on this person. I didn't bother trying to recognize the voice yelling at me to let her go. I wasn't paying attention to plaited hair in my face. I didn't care about the metal legs kicking me from this person. I slowly raised the scissors to her head. I slowly raised the scissors to the ear of my loved one, struggling in my arms.
Molly: "TAKESHI, STOP! What's wrong with you?! Why-" SNIP.
Did I do it? Did I actually cut of the ear of my first true love? No, thankfully. I let go of her and the scissors. The scissors fell to the floor with a dull clang, and she fell onto her knees, tears in her eyes.
Molly: "Takeshi...what...why..."
Slowly, I fell to mine, My eyes were blank, my mind began to ache. I was holding one of her plaits in my right hand. All I could hear in my brain was "thank goodness."
I turned to look at Molly. She was getting up, still crying. I did the natural thing, I held my hand out and let out a feeble "I'm sorry..."
She wasn't having any of it. She turned and ran, leaving me, sitting out in the hallway, scissors by my side, a lock of hair in my hands, and my heart and mind, broken simultaneously.

I remember crying to myself that night. I remember thinking about killing myself using those same scissors.
The day after that was different. I walked in the classroom, waiting to apologize to her again. I loved her so much and I made such a blunder. I didn't think she'd ever have me back again. When she did walk in however, I was in for a suprise. Molly walked in, as pretty as ever, but her hair was cropped short, in fact, her hair was shorter than a large majority of the boys in our class. She recieved a few compliments as she walked to her desk. I couldn't concentrate at all for the rest of the class.

I remember running after her, grabbing her by the arm, and turning her round, saying over and over, alternating between "I'm sorry" and "I love you". My mind was blank again. I began to cry at the thought of losing her. If we were to split, I could bear that much, but if she were to never forgive me again, never to even look at me, then I'd have no reason to live. My thoughts came out verbally without me even knowing it. I just kept repeating myself. She put her finger to my lips.
Molly: "I love you too. Which is why I forgive you. I can't live without you either, but I understand what you did. I know what it's like to go through something like that. It's okay."
As she held me tighter in a hug, I found myself crying in her shoulder.

On the day of our graduation, I asked to see her certificate. I took care to pull the ribbon off without undoing it, and just putting it in my hand. In the same hand was a diamond ring I had been saving up for. I pretended to look it over, and then slid the ring back onto her rerolled certificate. I held it out for her, making sure the ring was concealed until it left my hand. As she inspected the loss of the brightly coloured ribbon, however, she broke into the largest smile I'd ever seen from her, with tears of joy filling her eyes. We were married a few days after we finished university, my degree in art, hers being in marinology.

As I open my eyes I see she has that same smile on her face from our first meeting. How cute. I can't help but bend closer and kissing her slightly.
Takeshi: "I love you."
She wriggles closer and buries her face in my chest.
Molly: "I haven't heard you mean that in so long."

---

My heart now feels tingly after writing this.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
Deimos

Re: Together forever, no matter what, right?

Post by Deimos »

Title hints at yandere/yangire or deathfic and not apologies but that could also be because of me craving the former. :)

The moodswings are a little bit too sudden, in the general story as well as in the characters. At first I was not sure if I was supposed to laugh at the erectile dysfuntion being treated as a disability or the comment about traitorous men marrying a German. Especially if it is encircled so closely with the loss of a body part thanks to a drunk family member and your main character going ballistic.

There are several instances where your story is unbelievable or contradictory. Takeshi's family being so poor that they cannot entrust the wellbeing of his hair to a professional but then giving him to an institution that surely costs more than 4000 US $ a month, for instance.
Or the suddenness when he becomes aggressive. What you wrote seems more like simple teasing rather than a litterally mindbreaking experience that would numb most pacifists into violent rage. Takeshi won't earn himself many sympathies with your portrayal.
And Molly's friends being mean to Takeshi lets me question why Molly does not help her boyfriend or prevents these two groups with differing interests from meeting. That is just not plausible.

Try to tell the reader how your imaginative universe in your fanfiction works and do not write contradictory pieces. I believe youe 'slice of life' parts are not that bad, maybe you should concentrate on those with their specific drama rather than using extreme measures such as sex or violence.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

I think as you can tell, I used images from the Shimmie as reference, I got the impression that his face in that certain violent picture was more playful (he was smiling). I tried to do a mix between batshit insane whilst just fucking around. I failed that, fair enough.

Hmm, about disagreement between friends and boyfriend - I didn't delve into Molly all that much, but I see her as a quiet, almost pushover girl who'd sit silently as two people argue. So when Takeshi storms off, she just tries to comform him rather than scold the friends.

I admit, the money issue is somewhat contradictory (and as someone who's bee to private education all his life, I knows how expensive it is.), but I just wanted to give him a good explaination to have a missing ear aside than being nuts from the start.

I don't like telling people all about everything. I like to leave stuff to the reader's imagination, which is why I somtimes leave punctuation out of poetry and do vary vague descriptions at times. I guess perhaps there's a little too much shit in this one.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
Climatic
Bringing sexy back.

Post by Climatic »

Luckily for you I am a shining example of self control.
<duanemoody> you're ruining the illusion of craftsmanship we see in every commercial for some product
<duanemoody> like cheese
<duanemoody> it has to be a bearded intense man in a leather smock hyperfocusing on sculpting some pointless detail
<duanemoody> badly lit for maximum contrast
<duanemoody> LIKE THIS, visual novels are made