Medication

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Anonymous22
sounds kinda gay

Medication

Post by Anonymous22 »

Well, it's worth noting that Hisao is on a huge amount of medications. Sessha was kind enough to research what kinds of meds he would be on, and he would be on a lot of beta blockers, the side effects of which are:

nausea, diarrhea, bronchospasm, dyspnea, cold extremities, exacerbation of Raynaud's syndrome, bradycardia, hypotension, heart failure, heart block, fatigue, dizziness, abnormal vision, decreased concentration, hallucinations, insomnia, nightmares, clinical depression, sexual dysfunction, erectile dysfunction...and/or alteration of glucose and lipid metabolism. Mixed ホア1/ホイ-antagonist therapy is also commonly associated with orthostatic hypotension. Carvedilol therapy is commonly associated with edema.[3]

Hallucinations, insomnia, nightmares, depression, that is all good stuff. Erectile dysfunction is ironic, considering what kind of game this is.
hurr durr
Losstarot
Editor

Re: Medication

Post by Losstarot »

Sounds like we can make this good.

Let's make poor Hisao suffer.
"The eyes of ordinary people could not see it for the real moon was nothing but an invisible full moon to them."
TcDohl

Post by TcDohl »

I was saying that when it comes time for *that*, he is aware of its side effects and stops taking his meds. If he doesn't have enough points, then he will die right before. If he does, he is able to stick it in.

EDIT:
I looked at Sessha's original edit of this part. Here is the edited line:

"He handed a slip of paper to my father, who stared at the absurdly long names of the drugs that would become my constant companions. Paserone generic: amiodarone, Qty: - tablets; Rhythal SR generic: propafenone, - tablets; the list goes on and on..."
<@Delta_Kurshiva> I'm tiny~

[10:43] <@A22> Damn Dohl never changes, all he thinks about is ass
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Hhu, seems like they use beta blockers for pretty mcuh everything then...

My mum's on some beta blockers; I'll see if I can get some kind of average dosage levels, just in case anyone actaully wants to use that kind of info.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

TcDohl wrote:I was saying that when it comes time for *that*, he is aware of its side effects and stops taking his meds. If he doesn't have enough points, then he will die right before. If he does, he is able to stick it in.
I seriously don't like disjointing effect from the cause. Sure, VNs are not supposed to be realistic but let's at least try to be logical. The only place where I could forgive using this is Emi's path for obvious reasons.

I'll try to play the meds up a bit, since they give me a good excuse for some things happening in act2.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Sessha

Post by Sessha »

I cast thread necromancy. I have a +2 due to free time. I roll.
Aura wrote:I seriously don't like disjointing effect from the cause.
I don't understand what you mean here exactly. But if the meds I found weren't good enough, I could find stronger ones. I didn't know if it would be needed, so I found a bunch of generics to list on Hisao's list so that, (1) his family could afford such a huge investment (how good Japanese medicare is, I don't know), and (2) the medicines were for his disease and were not so exotic or potentially devastating without taking.

Also, if I do find one, you guys could save it for later until you need it, since Hisao's list is so long we only listed two medicines.

P.S. I listed American/Euro names for the medicines I found. How much exactly do any of you want to be consistent? If I put some effort in, I could find the Japanese/Asia names for the drugs (if they exist). Maybe.
Emi> Lilly is a grizzly bear
<Sessha> THAT'S NOT A FRIENDLY CREATURE OF THE SEA
<climatic> FUCK YEAH UNDERWATER BEAR
<Emi> OH YES IT IS SO. EVER HEARD OF BEARS IN A SUBMARINE?
<Sessha> DAMMIT YOU GUYS
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

What i meant was that Tc suggests that the game would check for the attraction points when it's time for H-scene, and then if the total is too small, to kill Hisao. However the cause of the death is not that you (the player) has been a jerk towards the girl, it's that Hisao has chosen not/forgot to take his medicine, which has no relation to the choices the player made.

It's the same thing as in the notorious path split in Yume Miru Kusuri, where if you choose to not cum on your girlfriend's feet when she is giving you a footjob, she dies of blood toxication during pregnancy. Judging from the amount of facepalms and wtfs this strange cause-effect sequence has caused, it's not a good idea except for the lulz.

Obvious solution exists, but it is not nearly as exciting as what Tc suggests.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Yeah I palmed that entire "bed end" off months ago...

I mean, really, this is not going to be a drug-taking sim.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Losstarot
Editor

Post by Losstarot »

Why can't we throw it in as a bit of a quirk? We can do so many fun things with Hisao's meds and have it go no where near the focus of drugs in YMK.
"The eyes of ordinary people could not see it for the real moon was nothing but an invisible full moon to them."
kensain

Post by kensain »

Why not just go the whole way, Tsukihime style?

"And the killer....is MEEEEE! "

Seriously. Have it as like, an extra route unlocked at the very end. A murder mystery.
Catastrophe!