As Long As I Have You (A Lilly x Hisao Fanfiction)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

AWizardWithWords

As Long As I Have You (A Lilly x Hisao Fanfiction)

Post by AWizardWithWords »

This is my second fanfiction ever. Lilly's path in Katawa Shoujo inspired me in so many ways, I'd do anything to continue the story.

This fanfiction takes place after Lilly's good ending, and is based about a month afterwards. The basic premise is that both Hisao and Lilly aren't in college yet, and they are trying to survive the working world with their disabilities before going into college. Sexual content warning. This is also a work in progress. As I complete more chapters, I will add them onto this post. There are currently (3) chapters.

Also, there is a chance that I might be half-way through a chapter that I haven't posted here yet. Feel free to check out my google doc link after you read.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13CR ... sp=sharing

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Some credit goes to the Yamaku Academy discord server.

Inspirational/Premise Help: Detective Emo, Hanako fancopter, Craftyatom

Title Help: Gibzx, and many others on the Yamaku Academy Discord server.

Chapter 1: Ill Omens

The backdoor creaks as I walk through it. The night air is chilly. A faint breeze blows through the parking lot, and it makes me shiver. It makes me realize how much i've been sweating for the past few hours. In my working exhaustion I hardly noticed. The parking lot ahead is surprisingly vacant with the exception of my old car that my parents gave me for my 18th birthday. I silently thank them in the back of my mind as I yawn, wiping the sweat off of my forehead. I take a long stretch as I fish into my pockets looking for my keys.

I eventually get them, but I immediately clumsily drop them onto the pavement in front of me. "Fuck, I am too tired. I can't wait to just get home." I utter out while I bend down and pick up my keys. My back disagrees with me as I reach down. I need to ask Lilly if she wouldn't mind cracking my back when I get home. That thought makes me feel old and I dismiss that thought as I eventually slip the key into the door of my car and get in, closing the door behind me.

I rest my head against the steering wheel, wishing it was my pillow at home. I sit there for a few moments, breathing in and out heavily. Work at the supermarket is surprisingly hard for me. On top of being physically exhausted, I get yelled at by the manager every two hours or so when I mess up on the simplest of things. Sometimes I think he just wants to start shit with me. I shake my head, trying to be rid of these bad thoughts. "Maybe i'm trying too hard."

The steering wheel is not very comfortable to lay on so I eventually start the engine and begin to back out of the parking lot. "I can't wait to see that beautiful mane of glistening golden hair again." That thought is the only thing that keeps me awake during the extremely long and quiet drive home.

I pull up to the rather depressing looking apartment building after 30 minutes or so of semi-conscious driving. I put the car in park and remove the keys, spinning them in my finger like some sort of cowboy spinning his gun. I laugh at myself as I do it. I practically stagger out of the car I am so tired. So tired in fact, I almost forget to lock it. I track back about 20 paces and go lock it, shaking my head.

Eventually, I walk up the two flights of stairs and as I open the door, a blast of cold air hits me. I shiver slightly as my work clothes are still very damp. My footsteps are hardly heard on the felt flooring of the hallway as I stride up to our door. I spy the semi familiar apartment 256 and walk through. Lilly usually knows when i'm home from just hearing the key in the door with her amazing hearing, but I call out for her anyways out of pointless habit. "Lilly! I'm home!" I say with the last of my breath escaping my lungs.

Another yawn escapes me and I have to use my right arm to balance myself against the wall as I walk further into the apartment. Normally, Lilly comes and greets me at the door immediately with her trademark happy face, but she isn't there. Odd. Not that I mind, it's certainly not something I demand of her, It just makes me smile to be greeted so nicely.

She gets off two hours earlier than I do, so I know she's home but not only is she not there, but she doesn't respond to me calling her name. Maybe she went out with Hanako or something I think at first, but she would have texted me. She always does, never wanting to inconvenience me even in the slightest. I walk out into the living room to see no one. Odd. I call out again. "Lilly! I'm home! ...Lilly?"

I look around the house, not seeing any traces of her of her in the hallway, the living room, the kitchen, and even the bathroom. I pull out my phone and check to see if I just didn't hear her text me while I was at work. I flip open my phone and I stare at the *No Messages* screen for a few moments, perplexed. I begin to walk to our room, and I see the door is slightly ajar and there is a faint light coming from inside. There she is. Why didn't she respond to me?

I open the door to its full length. In the room, the lamp on my nightstand is on, but the entire rest of the room is dark. I flip on the ceiling fan light and I see Lilly is hunched over on the far edge of the bed, facing away from me. She doesn't move and doesn't respond to me. Is she listening to music or something? This is very atypical behavior for her. I begin to worry as I walk around the bed slowly, very confused. "Lil.." My breath is stolen from me as I sit down next to her and put an arm on her waist. Her head slowly and mechanically shifts in my direction and my heart drops as I see her fully.

Her hair is a mess. It is all bunched up and curly instead of straight like it usually is. She's still in her work clothes which is also odd because she always talks about how she hates wearing her work clothes at home. I look downward and I also see that her purse is on the ground with all of her things spilled everywhere. Her tie that she normally uses to hold her hair back is thrown on the floor, along with that silver cross necklace she wears. The chain on the necklace is also broken. As I look back up to her, I see the worst of it all.

Her face is completely soaked with tears that are streaming down her face like a waterfall. Her nose is running and bleeding into the tears, creating a truly repulsing visage. Her entire face looks wet like she's been crying for hours. Her facial expression is one of regret and heartbreak.

As I begin to try and stutter out her name again, she finally acknowledges me. She faces me dead on. I can't even finish saying her name. My words are caught in my throat and I don't know what to do or say. I just look at her, feeling helpless. Her mouth opens slowly and she just barely utters 3 words that I almost don't pick up.

"...i'm... so... sorry."

As she finishes uttering out her sentence she immediately buries her head into my chest and begins sobbing uncontrollably. She repeats that she's sorry over and over, and I'm still lost as to what to do or say so I just opt to run my hands through her hair, trying to straighten it back out. For a few minutes I just sit there wordlessly trying to comfort her to the best of my ability. Eventually I work up the courage to speak as she slowly begins to calm down.

"w-what happened?" I stuttered out, resembling Hanako when I first met her.

She lifts her head, her facial expression looking even worse. It's a combination of sadness, defeat and hopelessness. It is a truly depressing sight. "I... um... I... I."

"Say it, it's alright. I'm here for you." I respond while trying to think of what the worst possible scenario could be. My mind spins thinking about the possibilities. She wouldn't be crying this much over something simple. I've hardly ever seen her cry in the entire year or so that i've known her. The trip to Hokkaido and in the hospital are the last times I can recall.

She takes a big breath of air in and looks at me properly again. "I... I got fired from my job for... (she makes air quotes following the last three words) 'being a liability'." I assume this is because of her blindness, as I'm sure it’d be hard to hold a job with such a disability. As long as I don’t overexert myself I am usually fine, but trying to work simple teenage jobs without sight sounds horribly difficult. I don’t pry if this is the reason, as she generally doesn’t like to talk about her blindness and her work, but surprisingly she is the one to bring it up.

“That damn manager bastard Izanagi. He never liked me. At first the job was pretty easy, but I constantly overheard him talking about me. He would constantly talk about how I was so useless. About how others could do my job in half the time. Doesn’t he understand there’s nothing I can do about it! Why am I treated so unfairly over something I can’t control! Yamaku was so accommodating, I lulled myself into a false belief that the working world would be the same, but now I see that it is very different.” She shakes her head, her hands forming into fists.

My thought process switches back to Lilly said earlier and it truly begins to sink in. I imagined the worst possible scenario right as it manifested right before me. Fuck. This is really, really bad. We can barely afford the rent as is between the two of us. My mind starts to spin. We could lose this apartment. Then what? What would our parents think of us if we ended up homeless? My parents would probably help me out, but if Lilly's parents figured out she was homeless... I might lose her again...

I stop myself from panicking and focus my attention back on Lilly. I don't say any of this of course, I instead I wrap my arms around her and keep her there for awhile, trying to calm her down. Doing my best to console her, I pick up her brush from inside her purse and I continue to straighten her hair and rub her back with my free hand. It takes a while, but her breathing eventually slows down to a normal pace.

"It's okay Lilly. We'll make it through this. I'll get another part time job until we work it out. You don't need to be sorry, it's not your fault." I say as I plant a kiss on her forehead.

She looks at me with a slight quivering smile as she wipes some of the tears from her face. She responds, "...I… I don't want you to have to do that. I'll figure out something. I promise.” Her voice gets lower, and it resembles a very faint growl. “I promise dammit. My boss might call me a liability, but I will never become a liability to you Hisao." She looks back at the ground, shaking her head.

She looks like she's about to start crying again so trying to take her mind off of it, I say the first thing that comes to mind. "Let's just go to bed. We'll think about it in the morning, okay?"

She looks at me with a troubled expression. Her fists lax and she barely responds. "...okay."

I pick up her purse and the rest of her things, setting the items on her nightstand, pulling out her handkerchief and wiping the tears and snot from her face. She appreciates the gesture. The whole time she ends up saying nothing and just lets me tend to her. It's actually quite surprising. Lilly is a woman who strives to not need any help from others and she very often refuses help if she can.
It's amazing to see how far we have come together. Just a month ago, she would have never let me do something as simple as wiping her face. I silently thanked her in the back of my mind for letting me help her.

Eventually, exhaustion sets in for us both. I get up from the bed, walking over to our dresser, stretching out as I do. Then, I begin taking off my sweaty work clothes and I slowly replace them with my pajama bottoms. Normally I would wear just boxers if I was at my parent's house, but that seems a little impolite. I’m still figuring out a few boundaries between us.

I hear a timid voice from behind me say, "Can you grab my pajamas while your over there Hisao?"
"Of course. Give me just a second."

It takes me longer than I want to admit to finally finish peeling off my damp work clothes. I grab her pajamas and walk them over to her, putting them into her hands lightly. She begins to undress and put on her pajamas.

"You need anything else Lilly? Just say the word." Usually she would dismiss me and tell me she's fine, but I am surprised when she actually does respond.

"Could you get me some... some water please?"

The way she asks such a simple question in the most polite way I can imagine makes me smile. I take a moment to just look at her. I love this girl so much. "Of course honey."

...Honey? That just kind of slipped out of my mouth. I've never called her that before. That's something my mom and dad always say to each other. I look back at her, curious to see what her reaction would be. She just finished putting on her nightshirt as I say that. I don't see her reaction instantly, but as her head comes back into view, I see her head cocked to the side questioningly, and she gives a genuine happy smile, seemingly pleased with the nickname.

Seeing her smile so brightly after such a meltdown is another personal victory to me. I try to commit that smile to memory as I walk into the kitchen, throwing her dirty handkerchief into the sink. I wash a dirty glass and fill it up with water making sure to remember to put ice in it, just like she likes it. I walk into the room, flipping the light switch off causing the room to become much darker. All light in the room dissipates except for the lamp on my nightstand.

I see Lilly rubbing her eyes and stretching out, getting ready for bed. I walk around the bed and put the glass of water into her hands. She sips from it and smiles. She puts it on the nightstand next to her as I slip under the covers, looking at her, squeezing her hand.

“Everything's going to be alright. Let's just get some rest." She agrees with my reasoning. She scoots over to my side of the bed and lays her head on my bare chest. She smiles to herself.

"Thank you Hisao. I love you."

"I love you too."

She falls asleep within just a few minutes. I take another moment to look at the beautiful woman before me and appreciate the smaller things in life. Even if I have to work two or three jobs, I don't care. As long as I this is what I see before I go to sleep every night, I'm a happy man. I eventually give into the fatigue I almost forgot about until now.

"I love you too Lilly.” I say to her unconcious frame.

I'm the first to awaken. I rub my eyes, yawning deeply. As I stare at the ceiling, it makes me think of all of the different ceilings i've woken up to in the last year. My ceiling at home, 2 hospital ceilings, 2 different rooms at Yamaku, and now finally our apartment. I silently hope that this ceiling is the last one i’ll wake up to in awhile. I've become very comfortable living with Lilly for the past few months and I could certainly have worse company.

I wonder what I would think if I could go back in time to before I had my heart attack and tell myself that in less than a year and a half I would be living with a beautiful foreign girl. I bet I would called myself crazy or insane. Almost certainly. It's strange to think about that the reason that I ever even met her was because of my heart attack. I wonder what life would be like right now had I refused to go to Yamaku? I never would have even met her. She's practically halfway across Japan from my parent's house and on top of that, Lilly would be in Scotland anyway.

For once I'm glad that I have this condition. Even if it cuts my lifespan in half, it would all be worth it for this girl.

I wish I could have slept in a little more. I'm about to get up when I see Lilly still in the exact same place she was before, her head on my chest. I want to get up, but I feel like it'd be a crime to wake the sleeping beauty on top of me. I try to slowly shimmy out of her grasp, but while we were sleeping she wrapped her legs around mine. Not that I mind, i’m usually the one that initiates that. I eventually sigh and give up. I lay there for a few minutes trying to go back to sleep, but my efforts are in vain. I opt to just lay there stroking her hair and listening to her faint breathing.

Eventually her leg moves just enough for me to get up without waking her. I get up and go to the door as silently as I can. Tip toeing the whole way. As I open it though, I stub my toe on the doorframe. "Ow, ow, ow, ow" I say quietly as possible while jumping up and down in pain. Clumsy. I make my way into the kitchen to make breakfast for us both. I know how Lilly is when she wakes up and after yesterday's ordeal I know she won't jump at the idea of making breakfast. I'm not really that great at cooking even after making food for myself almost everyday at my parent’s house when they weren’t home.

It takes me awhile to think of something that isn't half-assed like ramen or rice. While I think, I decide to get beverages first. I reach up to the top cabinet and grab the coffee tin and look inside to see nothing. This stuff is addictive anyway and after spending so much time with Lilly, i've come to like tea more than I did before. I throw the tin in the garbage and mentally note to myself to never buy coffee again. Luckily we still have some french vanilla tea bags in our tea cabinet. (Yes, Lilly likes tea so much we’ve dedicated an entire cabinet to the stuff)

After about fifteen minutes, I've made a two cups of tea and some passable spicy stir fry veggies. I walk into the room, carrying the tea and half stir fry on a tray for Lilly. As I walk in, I see her beginning to stir. She stretches out and has a facial expression of sadness as she realizes I'm not there.

"Hey there sleepy head." I say as I walk to my side of the bed, ruffling her hair as I do. She almost jumps in place.

"...ugh... Hi Hisao." she grunts. But as I put the tray on the nightstand, her head peaks up. "What is that that I smell?"

"Your favorite tea and some spicy stir fry veggies. I hope it's passable, I was just following directions I found in that cookbook you bought last week."

She shifts over to me, sitting up and leaning on me. She smiles as I hand her the tea. She takes a waft at first to confirm what flavor of tea it is. She takes a few sips, seemingly pleased that I picked her favorite flavor. Afterwards, she shifts her head towards me in an unmistakable gesture. I intend to just give her a peck, but she holds me in her loving embrace, giving me a long kiss to show her thanks.

"Thank you very much Hisao. You've become quite the gentleman."

"Oh, I've 'become' huh?" She laughs at my quip. We sit mostly in silence as we eat only talking in scattered conversation.

As we finish, she looks slightly more refreshed than she did when she woke up. As we get up, Lilly goes and sits down on the couch in the living room. She sits there silently as I make a second batch of tea for us at her request. Suddenly though, her head shoots up.

"Did you hear that Hisao?"

I listen intently... nothing. "Uh... no. What did those fascinating ears of yours pick up this time?"

"Um… I think it was the door, Hisao."

I'm briefly embarrassed that I didn't hear it. "Right. I got it."

I make my way over to the door and open it to see no one. "You sure you heard..." I begin to say as I look down to see a brown bag with a note attached to it. I pick it up and close the door. It's surprisingly heavy. "Who was it Hisao?"

"Uh, no one. Someone just left a bag with a note on it."

I make my way to the couch in the living room and I set it down the bag on the center table. Lilly beckons me to sit next to her, and I accept.

"I wonder who it's from?" I ask questioningly.

"Maybe Hanako?" Lilly guesses.

"You might be right. I open it up before reading the note and I immediately recognize who this is from. "Nope, not Hanako."

"Who is it from then?" Lilly asks questioningly.

"Tell you what, I'll just read the note to you.

'To Lilly and Hisao, i'm going back to Scotland today, so I figured i'd leave you two lovebirds a parting gift. Don't use them all in one night. Especially you Lilly. A smiley face with it's tongue out is also written." I tell her.

“Akira left us a parting gift? How nice! What is it?"

"Here." I decide to just pull out one of the 5 wine bottles and just put it into her hands.

She laughs to herself, immediately recognizing what I handed her. "How devious of her. Maybe we can skip the second helping of tea?"

Already? This early? I briefly am worried that she is a little too addicted to the stuff, but I don't really mind. It's not like she has much to do today anyway. I walk into the kitchen and pour her tea into a thermos and grab a wine glass for Lilly. I opt to just drink my helping of tea. I hand the glass to her as I flop down on the couch next to her.

I pop the cork off of the bottle and I begin to pour, telling her, "Tell me when." I pour, and pour, and pour. Her finger measures it as I pour, and I'm almost to the top when she lightly taps my leg, informing me that that is enough. She does her same ritual of swishing it around in the glass, having a little fun playing with it's center of gravity. A few minutes pass as she lightly sips the wine. I flick on the TV just for some background noise.

"Would you mind putting the bottle away for me Hisao?" I laugh, realizing I forgot to tell her about the insane quantity Akira thought we needed.

"Actually, she brought quite a few. Try 5 bottles." I chuckle. I see she smiles with another devious grin.

"She really outdoes herself sometimes." I pick them up and put them in the refrigerator. As I sit down again, she smiles a devious smile at me.

"Thanks... honey." she says as she sticks her tongue out at me.

I laugh at myself, scratching the back of my head. "Haha, sorry about that. It's something my parents say to each other, it just kind of sli…"

My sentence is cut off abruptly as she leans over and kisses me so fast I can't even react. She pulls away and smiles at me.

"Don't worry. I think I like the nickname." I blush pretty damn hard. She really knows how to get me worked up. I lean my head on her shoulder.

"So, you want to do something today?" I say.

She looks at me surprised. "You don't work today?"

"Nope. Anything in particular you'd like to do? It's not often we get a day to ourselves."

"Hmm... Maybe we could go to that park that's nearby?" Huh. Not what I would have expected she'd want to do.

"Sure, that sounds lovel..." My sentence is cut off by a loud ringing in my pocket. "Sorry, give me a second." I get up and walk into the hallway and I sigh as I read the name. Boss.

Though I hate to, I don't dare not answer it.

"Hello. What's up?"

"Hisao, I need you to come in today, Futaba called in sick and we're getting a lot of customers."

Fuck. I really want to say that I'm busy but I know it's futile.

"...alright. I'll come in. I'll be there in a half hour."

"You better."

He hangs up on the other end. What an ass. I walk back into the living room to see that Lilly has been listening to the whole the conversation. She has a face of disappointment and heartbreak.

"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you later." I take a quick shower, brush my hair out and put on my work clothes. "I'll call you as soon as I get off."

Chapter 2: Lust

"I'll call you as soon as I get off." he says as his voice trails away from behind the door as the door shuts behind him. I sigh and sink further into the couch. I had hoped to go looking for more jobs after our date, but Hisao needs the car for work and I obviously can’t drive myself. So I just sit there, feeling useless. What should I do? I’m at a loss. I can’t do much productive work at the moment. I sit there, tapping my finger on the couch, thinking about what I could do.

I take another sip of wine. I have nothing to do work wise, so I decide to call Hanako just to have someone to talk to. I carefully remember the right sequence of buttons to press to call her. She doesn’t pick up. I sink further into the couch. “I feel so useless.” I utter. For about 30 minutes I walk around the house cleaning things to the best of my ability. I’m obviously not very good at dusting and more precise cleaning, but I try my best to pick things up and put them away.

Most of what I end up cleaning is just picking up Hisao’s clothing in our bedroom. I don’t really mind though. After all he’s the reason I still have a roof over my head at the moment. After I'm finished with that and cleaning up other various things in our room, I go to start washing dishes. Eventually though, I end up finishing most of everything and I end up very bored. I briefly considering going to the park without Hisao, but I decide against it. I don’t want to ruin our next date. I eventually end up sitting in front of the television, hardly paying attention to it.

Still feeling lonely, I decide to call Akira. She actually does pick up, and I'm surprised as she should probably be on the plane by now.

“Hi Akira.”

“Hey sis, you get my present?”

“Yes I did, you devious animal. 5 bottles? Who do you think I am?”

“Haha, well you won’t be able to get any while I'm in Scotland. You better heed my warning of not finishing it in the same day.”

“I will. I’m not that addicted to the stuff.”

“Oh really? That’s not what I saw at Hanako’s birthday party.” I blush. She got me there.

“Anyway, where are you? Shouldn’t you be on the plane by now? I say, trying to change the subject.

“Nah, it’s been delayed 2 times already and my boyfriend is passed out right next to me. I’m bored as all hell. How about you? Everything good with you and Hisao? How’d he react to the devilish liquid?”

“Everything is quite fine with me and Hisao. He was actually quite uninterested. He opted to just drink tea instead.”

“Wow, you’ve found quite the man Lilly. I usually don’t get half of the bottle when I'm with my boyfriend. How about work? Everything good with… uh… What was his last name? Izanagi?”

Damn. I really didn’t want to talk about this, but I'd never lie to Akira. Maybe it would help to get it off my chest.

“Actually, I got fired... for quote on quote, ‘being a liability’. I still have enough money to make it through one more month, but it’s gonna be rough looking for a new job.”

“You’ve got to be careful sis. I won’t tell the folks, but if they find out that you don’t have a place to stay, you’re fucked. I could get them to send a little money your way. You don’t have to live like that.”

“No, Akira. I don’t want any help from them. I can handle myself. Asking for money will just make them complain about my decision to stay with Hisao, and I don’t need any more of that. I’ll be fine.

There is a long pause on the other end before Akira responds. “You know it’s gonna be very hard for you to get a job in this world due to your disability. Just be careful okay?”

“I will.”

“Anyway, the plane just started boarding.” Her voice gets more distant and I barely pick up, “ Get off your ass, we gotta go through security still. Did you forget anything? *some incoherent male voice rambles on the other end* Well shit. Too late now. Cmon, let’s go.”

She comes closer to the microphone and I can hear her more clearly. “Alright Lilly, I got to go. I’ll talk to you later. Love you.”

“Love you too Akira.”

“Peace!” she shouts, and with that, she hangs up.

I droop my head, hating that now both Akira and Hisao are worrying about me. I don’t like to have people worry about me. I end drinking wine for a long time trying to calm myself down.

10 hours later, I have drank a little too much, and for some reason Hisao still isn’t home. “Where is *hic* he?” He should have been off by now. “I… I wish hee was here. How long does he expect *hic* me to wait? I’m getting sooooo boorred. *hic*” The words I hear emanating from the television are blurry and I'm having trouble thinking clearly. I’m swaying back and forth uncontrollably and i’m slightly regretting drinking so much. Not to mention the slight headache.

I end up corking what’s left of the first bottle and I stumble into the kitchen, bumping into the counter on accident and almost shattering the bottle. “...dammit…” I put it in the refrigerator and use my arm to balance myself and I end up ungracefully flopping onto the couch again.

About an hour later I finally hear a welcoming sound. I hear a key being put into the lock of our apartment. I immediately stand up, happy that Hisao is home, but I also almost fall to the ground. I try to balance myself and try to look as good as possible, but I probably look pretty drunk and unattractive right now. I straighten my hair out and dust off my clothing, trying to make myself look a little more presentable. I stumble my way to the hallway that leads to the doorway. I can hear his heavy breathing from behind the door.

Eventually Hisao emerges from behind the door I and attempt to greet him,

“Hiiii... Hisao”

“Hey Lilly.”

“How *hic* arrrre youu?”

“Not great. I had a hard time at work and I went and applied at 5 different places afterward. I’m really tired.”

Judging by the heavy breathing and his somber tone I can tell he definitely isn’t lying.

”You went and ap-app-applied at other places? You didn’t need *hic* to do that so fast. I’lll get a job soooon enough.”

He says nothing and doesn’t move for a few seconds. He probably sizes me up and I try to not look drunk. I do my best to try and not slur my words, but it’s very hard at this point.

“Are you… alright Lilly?”

“Yeeah, I'm fine. Just tii-tired.” I lie. He can probably peer through my deception, but I standfast, still trying to hold up my facade.

Eventually he makes his way to our bedroom and I follow him. I can hear the ruffling of clothing being taken off. I assume he’s switching from his work clothes to his pajamas. He groans as he finishes and I can hear him scratch his hair or the back of his neck, I can’t tell. I really want to help him, but I can’t think of what to do or say. I cleaned Hisao, do you like it? Seems too corny. I’m sure a clean house is the last thing on my man’s mind. Man’s mind… Huh. A devious idea pops into my head.

I stay there in the doorframe, waiting for him to finish dressing. Eventually I hear his footsteps coming towards me and I block the doorway. I do absolute my best to look as attractive as possible and try to not slur the words I'm about to say.

“So, Hisao. How tired are youu?”

“Uh, very. Why? I just said that.” He doesn’t get where i’m going with this. I try to think of a clever retort to what he said, but I can’t so I just end up moving closer to him, whispering into his ear, “I’m feeling lonely Hisao. Please comfort me?” I give him my best pleading puppy dog eyes, hoping he’ll let me please him in the only way I can right now in my drunken state.

(The perspective switches to Hisao.)

“Oh.” So that’s what she meant. My heart begins to beat faster. I rub my solar plexus, thinking this might be a heart flutter, but it’s calm enough. I can’t say i’m opposed to the idea. Even though i’m so tired, I still want her. It has been awhile since the last time we made love. “S-sure.” I say nervously, still not very suave at these things. She grabs me by the waist and begins placing kisses down my neck, giving me goosebumps and pushing me further towards our bed. I begin to realize why she has been acting so strange as I smell her breath. It reeks of alcohol. Having sex with someone who is drunk is a little off putting for me and would rather she didn’t, but there isn’t any going back now it seems.

Once we get close enough to the bed, she pushes me down onto it and begins stripping in front of me. I’m torn between two very different versions of Hisao. The respectful nice Hisao, and the much less respectful primal Hisao. Nice Hisao wants to ask her to stop and wait until she isn’t so drunk, but primal Hisao wants me to continue. As I look at her though, now completely nude and beginning to straddle me, I give into primal Hisao, which is now practically begging me to continue. Eventually I get rid of my clothes as well and she begins kissing me from neck to chest, arousing me further and further.

Eventually her teasing gets to be too much for me, and I take control. I quickly pray that my heart won’t give out like the last time I took the initiative, and I get on top of her. As I enter her, her smile curls into a lust filled toothy grin that i’ve never seen before. It’s attractive but also a little terrifying. She isn’t focused on me, she’s just focused on continuing our act. She begins to kiss me, shoving her tongue into my mouth. I continue kissing her, but the stench of alcohol is a little overbearing. I end up pulling away and she looks at me inquisitively with a face of disappointment while breathing heavy. “Is everything alright Hisao?” She says, letting a moan out afterwards. “Yeah, it’s just…” She senses my apprehension and she switches places with me, taking full control of me. It almost seems to make her more excited.

As she is riding me, I’m a little less put off by her alcohol driven lust, but not completely. While we continue, I study this new lust driven Lilly i’ve never seen before. She is throwing herself onto me with a wild reckless abandon i’ve also never seen before from her. It almost seems careless. Her cheeks are getting more and more beat red, and her toothy grin of lust just gets bigger and bigger the more we continue our act. Her eyes aren’t focused on anything in particular, and there is no love in those eyes at the moment. That’s not say that she doesn’t love me, but she definitely isn’t focused on romance right now.

She doesn’t call my name like usual and she says nothing the entire time during our act. I’m also honestly kind of amazed by her stamina. I could never move my body the way she is right now, even before my heart attack. Eventually these thoughts fade away as I stop thinking and I give all of my attention to my primal desires, forgetting all about reasonable and rational thought. Though I probably shouldn’t, I give into the same sex-driven high she is currently experiencing.

No sounds are to be heard except for the sounds of colliding flesh and the occasional moan between either of us. We are so caught in the act that no restraint is taken to hush our voices. I silently hope our neighbors can’t hear us. Eventually we both reach our climax. Lilly falls off of me, both of us breathing very heavily. I was already physically drained when I got home, but now I can hardly keep my eyes open. For the first time, I think I'll be the first one to fall asleep, not Lilly.

Through the continuous panting, Lilly edges over to me. For a second, I see her face contorts, probably trying to come up with some sort of witty remark, but her drunken mind gives up and she instead opts to lay her head on my chest, barely saying, “Thank you Hisao.” I’m so tired I don’t respond. As darkness overtakes my vision, the last thing I see is Lilly laying on my chest as my hand goes through her golden hair.

Chapter 3: A Quaint Day Out

I wake up feeling groggy. Out of habit I go to reach for my alarm clock, even though it isn’t the source of what woke me. I do breathe a sigh of relief as I see on my clock that today is a Sunday. Boss calls occasionally for me to come into work on days that I don’t have work, but never on a Sunday because the store is closed, so for the first time this week I rest assured that I can rest easy for a day. Lilly is in the same position, laying on my chest. Just like yesterday, I dare not wake her, knowing she is far from a morning person and I guarantee that with last night’s ordeal, she is going to have a pounding headache. Once again, I wait for a few minutes, looking for my opening. Eventually I get out of bed, feeling surprised as I realize we never put our clothes back on. We’ve made love many times, but I still feel extremely uncomfortable being naked around her. I’m sure she feels the same way.

I’ll eventually get over it. At least I tell myself that. I eventually dress myself and I decide to go down to the convenience store to both get something to remedy Lilly’s undoubtable pounding headache she’s going to wake up with, and to get something to eat, as I don’t feel like cooking.

As I return, I go straight to our room, curious if she’s awake yet. I do in fact see that she is beginning to stir. She grabs a pillow and covers her head with it, not wanting to wake up yet. I can’t help but chuckle a little bit. I go and grab a glass of water so she can down the pills I bought for her and I grab an outfit for her to wear. Throwing her clothes on the other side of the bed, I sit down next to her, holding the icy glass of water and the pills. I keep my voice to a whisper as to not hurt her head.

“Hey beautiful. You’ve got to wake up sometime.” She removes the pillow so that I can see her face. She looks at me with an unpleasant and disappointed face like I had forced her to stare at paint for hours on end. I can’t help but chuckle again. She looks downright horrible.

“I know your head hurts. I went down to the convenience and got something to help with it.” She gives a faint smile. I hand her the pills and the water, looking at the bottle, reading it’s extremely small text.

“Uh… It says you should start to feel it’s effects within the next half hour or so. Just sit tight. Anything else you want or need honey?”

She barely formulates a sentence. “...no… tha-thank you though.”

“Any time. I put some clothes on the other side of the bed for when you wake up. I’ll leave you alone though. Get some more rest if you need it.” I walk out of the room, closing the door slowly.

Lilly finally stumbles out of our room an hour or so later, still looking horrible. After using the restroom she slowly makes her way into the living room, shaking her head.

“Your food’s going to get cold Lilly. Are you hungry?”

“Famished, but give me a second to wake up a little more. Do we have any tea?”

I briefly remember that I poured her tea yesterday into a thermos. I go and retrieve it as we both sit down on the couch. I hand her the thermos.

“It’s not warm, but here you go.”

“Thank you Hisao.”

“Today is a Sunday, so I won’t be getting any sudden calls from my boss like yesterday.”

She visually looks relieved as she leans her head onto my shoulder. “Good. I’ve missed you.”

“So have I. When you’re feeling better, we can go on that date we were going to go on yesterday.”

“That sounds wonderful Hisao. I would love to. Just…” She massages her temples. “Just give me some time.”

“Of course.”

I go back into our room and grab her brush, her scrunchie, and her cross necklace.

“We’re going to have to fix that horrible mane of hair first.”

She gives me a playful glare. I sit back on the couch, and turn her away from me as I brush her hair out. We sit and have a normal conversation, just happy to have each others company.

Still behind her, brushing her hair out, I say, “You know Lilly, I didn’t want to bring this up earlier, but your cross necklace…”

“What? Oh, yes. What about it?”

“The chain… It’s broken.” I put it into her hands.

She feels it out, and as she confirms that it is indeed broken her facial expression droops into that of a deep sadness.

“Oh…”

“But, luckily for you, while I was at the convenience store…”

I place a silver chain that I bought at the store into her hands, and she turns around to look at me. She gives me a heart-melting smile. She quickly takes me into a hug and a brief kiss. As she removes the old chain and begins to feed it through, I'm briefly scared it’s not going to fit. With a simple little tug from Lilly however, it fits perfectly. She turns back around, and I continue brushing.

“Thank you Hisao.” She pauses. “You know, this cross necklace has been passed down in my family for generations.” She smiles and looks off into the distance, recalling a distant memory. She chuckles to herself briefly.

“Akira and I had a big fight when my mother was trying to figure out which one of us to give it to.” She laughs again. “Those were different times. Simpler times.” “This means a lot to me Hisao. Thank you very much.”

“Of course Lilly.”

Eventually we both shower, eat, and get ready.

“Good to go Lilly?”

“Yes, this should be everything.”

We walk out of the apartment, arm in arm. Eventually we arrive at the local park. The wonderful greenery is beautiful. It’s interesting, as we get there, I watch Lilly switch from her normal proper nature to a much different girl. She seems to have a strange childlike wonder at the sounds and smells around her.

“Ooo. I hear birds! What do they look like?”

“Ravens. A jet black color.” I say, and even though it means little to her, she still listens to every word. “They have long feathers. They’re quite rare in this part of Japan. Actually, it looks like the mother just got food for her babies.”

She switches topics at the drop of a hat. “I hear water running. Now I smell it. What is that?”

“Quite a beautiful fountain actually. It’s at the center of the park in the middle of a pond. It looks like 5 bowls stacked on top of each other, each one getting smaller as it goes upwards.”

“I smell something different now. Some sort of vegetable, but it’s different. What is Hisao? What is it?

Actually, as I'm about to tell her what it is, I'm also kind of interested. There is a food broker on the side of the walkway, selling deep fried veggies. I inform her of this. We already packed some food with the intent of having a picnic, but both of us are equally curious. I buy two deep-fried zucchini sticks for us, handing one to her.

“Ever had something like this before Lilly?”

She tastes it, and her eyes shoot open.

“Mmmm. So goooood.” She finishes chewing. “No actually. I’ve tried deep fried desserts before, but never vegetables. What about you?”

“Surprisingly, yeah. Not anything of this quality though. At my previous high school before Yamaku, we had festivals, kind of like the ones we had there, but they were way more low-key. Only a few students and their parents would show up. It was mostly just an occasion for students to decorate and eat food. I remember Shin begging me to buy him some of the fried vegetables that looked a lot like these ones here. That was the only thing I remember eating at the last festival. He promised he’d pay me back, but he never did. That bastard.” I chuckle to myself, not really that worked up about it.

Eventually, we end up going to a more quiet part of the park, deep within the woods as we set up our quaint little picnic. It really is quite wonderful. We sit and chat about our pasts, our experiences, and everything in between, all while eating some delicious food Lilly made for us. I wish it could last forever. Eventually though, time catches up to us.

She in the middle of laughing as I'm telling her a funny story about how I was locked in the boys restroom for a few hours at my old school.

“I was afraid no one was going to find me! My phone was dead, and I was panicking pretty hard. I thought I was going to die in there! It was a Friday! I could have been stuck in there for the whole weekend! Eventually though, the janitor heard me.”

She snorts, a big grin appearing on her face. “That’s funny!”

“Oh, so you like hearing about my traumatic experiences huh?”

She laughs and gives me a passionate kiss. I smile at her, and i’m about to continue our conversation, but through the dense canopy around us, I pick up that the sun is about to set. It reminds me of when we met. How far we have come in one short year.

“And then… Actually, Lilly, it’s beginning to get dark.”

“Ah. Time never stands still does it? I suppose we should be off?”

“Let’s.” We link hands and walk back to our apartment in silence. The only sound to be heard is a car passing by and the occasional tap of her cane. About halfway there, Lilly stops a moment, and puts her cane into her purse. “I’m tired. Do you mind if I just hold onto you?”

As if I would ever refuse my beautiful girlfriend hanging onto my arm.

Last edited by AWizardWithWords on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
brythain

Re: As Long As I Have You (A Lilly x Hisao Fanfiction)

Post by brythain »

Constructive criticism incoming!

Put the text over here. Some long-time readers prefer the text on the forum itself rather than have anything to do with some other domain. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Thanks for putting it up here!
A few comments regarding continuity and consistency:
"... during the extremely long and quiet drive home."
"... after 15 minutes or so of semi-conscious driving."
This may be subjective, but 15 minutes is not all that long a drive to work...
all of the different ceilings i've woken up to in the last year. ...
... and tell myself that in less than a year I would be living with a beautiful foreign girl.
If he's been living there for a few months his heart attack should be at least one and a half years ago - unless they didn't stay at Yamaku until graduation for some reason...
carrying the tea and half of the miso soup on a tray for Lilly.
Now, this may just be me, but the thought of vanilla tea and miso soup makes me feel slightly nauseous :lol:
I lead Lilly to the living room.
Why does he have to lead her? It's their own apartment...
“Anyway, the plane just touched down.” Her voice gets more distant and I barely pick up, “ Get off your ass, the planes here.
You probably meant "the plane just started boarding". If it just touched down it will take at least a good half hour for all passengers to disembark and the cleaning crews to get finished.
“Ravens. A dark black color.”
As opposed to a light black colour? :-)

Not commenting on SpaG here, since that would be a bit much for the forum, but a few general tips:
- Use more paragraphs. Usually you should begin a new paragraph every time the speaking/acting character changes.
- Try to avoid unnecessary repetitions. E.g. it is superfluous to say that he climbs two flights of stairs to get to the second floor or to say he reaches into his pockets to look for his keys and then gets the keys out of his pocket. There are a few more similar things in there.

Regarding the story as a whole... It's not bad - I woud say my main gripe with it is that Lilly doesn't feel like Lilly.
In a situation like that I would have expected the Lilly from the VN to be furious with her ex-employer rather than reduced to a snivelling wreck. There are a few other passages as well where she seems more like a damsel in distress waiting to be saved by her Hisao in shining armor...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
AWizardWithWords

Mirage_GSM wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:24 pm Thanks for putting it up here!
A few comments regarding continuity and consistency:
"... during the extremely long and quiet drive home."
"... after 15 minutes or so of semi-conscious driving."
This may be subjective, but 15 minutes is not all that long a drive to work...
all of the different ceilings i've woken up to in the last year. ...
... and tell myself that in less than a year I would be living with a beautiful foreign girl.
If he's been living there for a few months his heart attack should be at least one and a half years ago - unless they didn't stay at Yamaku until graduation for some reason...
carrying the tea and half of the miso soup on a tray for Lilly.
Now, this may just be me, but the thought of vanilla tea and miso soup makes me feel slightly nauseous :lol:
I lead Lilly to the living room.
Why does he have to lead her? It's their own apartment...
“Anyway, the plane just touched down.” Her voice gets more distant and I barely pick up, “ Get off your ass, the planes here.
You probably meant "the plane just started boarding". If it just touched down it will take at least a good half hour for all passengers to disembark and the cleaning crews to get finished.
“Ravens. A dark black color.”
As opposed to a light black colour? :-)

Not commenting on SpaG here, since that would be a bit much for the forum, but a few general tips:
- Use more paragraphs. Usually you should begin a new paragraph every time the speaking/acting character changes.
- Try to avoid unnecessary repetitions. E.g. it is superfluous to say that he climbs two flights of stairs to get to the second floor or to say he reaches into his pockets to look for his keys and then gets the keys out of his pocket. There are a few more similar things in there.

Regarding the story as a whole... It's not bad - I woud say my main gripe with it is that Lilly doesn't feel like Lilly.
In a situation like that I would have expected the Lilly from the VN to be furious with her ex-employer rather than reduced to a snivelling wreck. There are a few other passages as well where she seems more like a damsel in distress waiting to be saved by her Hisao in shining armor...
I thank you for giving me your feedback. You were instrumental in helping me fix most of the problems my fic had. I ironed out many of the inconsistencies.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

“Actually, I got fired... for quote on quote, ‘being a liability’
And one more thing: It's "quote, UNquote" - and technically the "unquote" should come at the end, but that seems to be one of the things that has spread too far to be corrected ever...

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

It's never, quote, 'spread too far to be corrected', unquote.

EVER. :twisted:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It should not be, but personally I'm going to choose my battles :-)

Sore wa himitsu desu.
AWizardWithWords

As Long As I Have You (A Lilly x Hisao Fanfiction) Update

It's been awhile, but I finally got around to working on my fan fiction again. Just finished proofreading it, and hopefully the new chapter will come soon. It's easier to update through google docs, so I'll just leave my google doc link here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13CR ... sp=sharing
NuclearStudent

Post by NuclearStudent »

Welcome back, commander.
Feurox: it is extremely difficult to tell whether you're echoing some very interesting sentiments or if you're just attempting to be trite or funny
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

For the most part it's alright. It's well written, but something about it just seems off. There's a far more cynical quality to it that you don't see often in KS works.

Lilly drunk speak could use some work though. I know what you're going for, but it reads awkwardly. Saying she was hiccuping and slurring her words works better than actually typing it out.

The perspective switch to Hisao was also done in an way that throws you right out of the story. Starting a new chapter there and making it clear that it's from Hisao's point of view would work much better than the more obtrusive author's note.
Not Dead Yet