Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Last man sitting

Re: Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Post by Last man sitting »

Hisao has to be in as the joke character of course (equivalent to Dan Hibiki)

His Super technique is to have a heart attack and fall over, dealing no damage to anyone.
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

I would think his super attack should be something to the effect of him going berserk (establishing the hit part of the attack), then mid way through, he fakes a heart attack. His opponent, showing genuine concern, stops and looks over him, then yells for the nurse. While they are distracted by calling the nurse, Hisao hits them with a huge kick, launching them into the air and finishing up with a few final shots before giving them a smash back into the ground.
Last man sitting

Well it kinda defeat the point of him being a Joke character if his attacks are actually useful. :/
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Last man sitting wrote:dealing no damage to anyone.
Shouldn't it be full damage to himself?
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Last man sitting

G3n0c1de wrote:
Shouldn't it be full damage to himself?
yeah, sorry
ccdr

Post by ccdr »

Last man sitting wrote:Hisao has to be in as the joke character of course (equivalent to Dan Hibiki)

His Super technique is to have a heart attack and fall over, dealing no damage to anyone.
Or have something like Yoshimitsu's Falling Blossoms and have a certain frame of the attack deal a huge amount of damage to the opponent and prevent Hisao from dying.
She heard mermaids, so it follows that something is rotten in the state of Denmark. I have an everlasting cold, but luckily I’m terribly dishonest. I cling to that.
<NicolArmarfi> so yeah speed grapher was bad
<NicolArmarfi> damn i only watched it because i thought that it was about a mathematician
<NicolArmarfi> who graphs things incredibly fast
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

Well Melty Blood is really good... I like where this is going.
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

Fishmonkey wrote:Here's a quick animated gif showing how I planning on designing Emi's stance. She basically jogs in place. Her bread and butter move is a running dash that can have multiple finishers like Guy from SFA3 and El Fuerte.

And I'm thinking about changing Lily's "blind samurai" style to "blind-folded pinata whacker" style. It seems more hilarious and in-character that way.

Looks like you want something similar to the rocker shuffle for Emi. Here is the only video online I could find, wait out the annoying ad and skip to 1:55. http://www.ehow.com/video_2368150_kickb ... tance.html

Also, if you want a kickboxing expert (I use the term loosely here, having been kickboxing for only 4 years and having 0 experience with elbow strikes..they are illegal in my state.) for advise to make some fightan look more realistic, I would be more than glad to help.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

first, I gotta say that I think this idea kicks ass, and I hope it actually happens. second, I've played enough fighting games to know that they usually have the taunts they do after winning, and I was trying to think of what they'd be for the KS girls. here's what I've got so far:

Shizune: "... !"
Misha: "MWAHAHAHAHAHA! You just got drilled!"
Emi: "...and the asskicking is on the other foot!"
Rin: "Disarming, aren't I?"
Hanako: "You ... you should go read something instead!"
Lilly: "You saw what I did there."
Hisao: "HNNNGH this, bitch."
Kenji: "My invisible hat is stronger than yours."

sorry, most of I could come up with was bad puns. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

Emi needs to have a very good jump combined with a lethal air attack. Legblade Dropkick anybody?
Rin's block would be to hide in a bin, of course.

I also think a new thread should be made where people who are actually serious about this can say what they want to do and start working on their respective parts.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
A_Gray_Phantom

Post by A_Gray_Phantom »

How about the option to swap out what their costumes? We could see Misha in her Bush/Cheney shirt or Shizune in her yukata.

Shizune Yukata
What a wonderf - no. No no no. I can't do it :mrgreen:

As for fatalities, it would rock my socks off you had Lilly finish off Shizune by siccing Niji on her.

"Niji! Sic deaf-tan!"
"Arf!"
"...!"
Katawa Shoujo Fightan Game
Lilly Should have an animation where, after winning, she just keeps swinging her cane. "Take this you cur!And this! And this and this!."
"Lilly! The fight's over! You win!"
"Um.. As I thought! Huzzah!" - by me.

"That made me laugh pretty hard." - EmP|ty
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Fishmonkey wrote:My current plan is to use moderately high res sprites. They'll be about the same size as that colored Rin in the first post.
So your going with hand drawn sprites then?
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

I think what would be a good idea is if he were to hand draw some basic ideas and poses and such, and then perhaps the artists would sprite over those and just try to do multiple frames.
(example, he draws a still Emi, and someone, say Snicket does several sprites of Emi rocking back and forth)
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
Exdi

Post by Exdi »

Misha should be a part of Shizune's movesets a la the stands from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
Not really a fan of plays on words. I perfer ones on stages.
Tsundere Lightning

Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Exdi wrote:Misha should be a part of Shizune's movesets a la the stands from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
This is unvarnished Truth.

Mind, there should be Shizune, Misha, and Shizune+Misha (as a boss or unlockable chara or both.)
Shizune apologist, Rin fan, semipro visual novelist, noted attention whore

I write KS fanfic. I preread KS fanfic. PM me with requests for either.
delta wrote: I've been caustic and mean since before 4chan even existed.