Katawa Shoujo Uniform Questions

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

InoZim

Katawa Shoujo Uniform Questions

Post by InoZim »

I'm working on a Lilly Satou cosplay for an upcoming convention, I have the skirt, and bow finished, but I have some questions on the blouse and was hoping somebody could help.
She has no buttons, and I have no idea what i should put for the opening in the front.
I was thinking about putting an invisible zipper in the front but I want to stay to the character's initial design
Invisible zippers look like this
I already know how to make the rest of the blouse, I just really want to do it right, so if you know about any alternate ways of going upon this please tell me.
ZystraL

Re: Katawa Shoujo Uniform Questions

Post by ZystraL »

I always saw it in a similar vein to the blazers from Code Geass's school. There's some sort of overlap where buttons on the underside of the overlap fit in holes on the under.
I wouldn't put a zip on a school shirt.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
InoZim

Post by InoZim »

ZystraL wrote:I always saw it in a similar vein to the blazers from Code Geass's school. There's some sort of overlap where buttons on the underside of the overlap fit in holes on the under.
I wouldn't put a zip on a school shirt.
I never thought of that, but material for blouses is pretty thin, and I kind of think that a flap might show through.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Well, I'm no expert here but I think that going with the invisible zipper and then hiding the slider with the bow will make it look spot on.
Also, collective demand for pics when you get it all done. :mrgreen:
InoZim

Post by InoZim »

I have the skirt done, here's a picture, I couldn't find my camera, so have a shitty cellphone camera picture.

I look rather boyish here but That's because I just threw on the skirt and didn't really try to do anything.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Let me direct you here: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1358&p=9552
Also as you might have noticed, the girls' uniforms are very similar to one another but not exactly identical (something more common in "uniforms" than one would think). If you really really want to ask specific questions, try hanging out on IRC and ask one of the artists, but that's about as easy as capturing a white dodo.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Put simply, we didn't really think about it much.

The hidden zipper theory seems to be the most commonly accepted answer, though. Not only is is entirely hidden, fitting visually with the sprites better, but it would be easier for someone with a disability to manipulate.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

I've always thought button with an overlap, but that's really just due to what I'm used to.

Invisible zipper is probably suitable.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
zerothirteen

Post by zerothirteen »

alternatively, you could put buttons that are can be covered by a flap of cloth

like this:

sorry for the rushed sketch... X_x
Juno

Post by Juno »

... which is exactly what the previous poster already suggested. :?