Fun Facts About the Shimmie

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

A_Gray_Phantom

Fun Facts About the Shimmie

Post by A_Gray_Phantom »

Currently, there are eighty-nine pictures that are tagged with the word "nude." There are twenty-nine pictures that are tagged with the word "sex." There are eight pictures that are tagged with the word "yandere," and six that are tagged with "rape" (five of which actually depict rape).

But there are no pictures that are tagged with the word "love."

Molly has two more pictures than Yuuko, and ten more than Muto, despite not actually being in Act 1 except as a cameo.

Misha has twelve more pictures than Hisao.

Nobody has ever done a group picture of the girls sans disabilities.

There are no pictures of Hisao with a post-surgery scar.

This is the best picture in the whole shimmie: http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/1034

Forty-four of the pictures are tagged with, "wtf."

Except for the word "sketch," "Hanako" has the most tags. (596 and 280, respectively.)

This is all I can dig up right now. Anyone else notice anything interesting?
Katawa Shoujo Fightan Game
Lilly Should have an animation where, after winning, she just keeps swinging her cane. "Take this you cur!And this! And this and this!."
"Lilly! The fight's over! You win!"
"Um.. As I thought! Huzzah!" - by me.

"That made me laugh pretty hard." - EmP|ty
toast

Re: Fun Facts About the Shimmie

Post by toast »

plenty of HNNNNNNNGGG though
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
ccdr

Post by ccdr »

here's my favorite

She heard mermaids, so it follows that something is rotten in the state of Denmark. I have an everlasting cold, but luckily I’m terribly dishonest. I cling to that.
<NicolArmarfi> so yeah speed grapher was bad
<NicolArmarfi> damn i only watched it because i thought that it was about a mathematician
<NicolArmarfi> who graphs things incredibly fast
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

This is the best picture I could find: http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/438
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Characters from the full game have been appearing on the Shimmie for quite a while. Hideaki and Meiko showed up there long before they officially existed, and there's at least 3 other people on there that don't officially exist yet...
A_Gray_Phantom

Post by A_Gray_Phantom »

Deimos wrote:This is the best picture I could find: http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/438
Ah, yes, that is a good one. By Delta, who has seven of his works on the shimmie, while Konflikti has 200. Heck, Konflikti has more sketches on there than all of Emi's fan work combined.

Also Lilly.

Edit: I started sifting through all of the Emi art, and found this: http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/15

I didn't make that comment, but it was too much of a coincidence to pass up.
Lilly Should have an animation where, after winning, she just keeps swinging her cane. "Take this you cur!And this! And this and this!."

Pickles

Post by Pickles »

The Shimmie needs more Shizune.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/v ... rch=moekki

I'm not particularly fond of Molly, but holy damn this is a great picture and I don't know why. Must be the eyes.

But,
Pickles wrote:The Shimmie needs more Shizune.
This.
A_Gray_Phantom

Post by A_Gray_Phantom »

To be honest, I started this thread just to point out that the shimmie has no love. It has sex and rape, but no love.

No surprise. This is a game for having sex with crippled girls. There is no love involved. I'm probably a dork for wanting to play the game without H scenes...

the first time

Annoyingvideochar

Post by Annoyingvideochar »

Deimos wrote:This is the best picture I could find: http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/438
That is a really good picture. I'm going to have to update my top five rank now.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

A_Gray_Phantom wrote:To be honest, I started this thread just to point out that the shimmie has no love. It has sex and rape, but no love.

No surprise. This is a game for having sex with crippled girls. There is no love involved. I'm probably a dork for wanting to play the game without H scenes...

the first time
Ignore some of the tags and just enjoy the picture http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/v ... rch=hanako

Or as Rin would say: "Do not think of what the artist probably thought when he is thinking of wording his thoughts concerning his art - ever thought of that?" :D

A little bit off-topic:
The love happens on your side of the screen - the rest is just pictures and text. If you really really like the characters you do not mind the sex because they wished for it and if you really really really like them you do not feel mostly aroused but so elated and happy and for them you could let some tears escape when they have (hopefully) found the love of their life.

Happened to me in some eroges. :oops:
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
stranger

Post by stranger »

A_Gray_Phantom wrote:Nobody has ever done a group picture of the girls sans disabilities.
The girls wouldn't be the girls without their disabilities.

And quit signing all your posts.
remember to take your meds, kids
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

A_Gray_Phantom wrote:To be honest, I started this thread just to point out that the shimmie has no love. It has sex and rape, but no love.

the first time
Well, I'm pretty sure that isn't what the game is about. It might have been conceptualized that way, but the game is very much about falling in love with the girls and trying to win them over. The sex is just a bonus, to the point where it would still be an awesome story if the sex scenes were removed entirely.

Also, while I feel it is a bit odd that he feels the need to sign his posts, I still think it is his right to choose to do it. No one else's.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

What do you mean by signing posts? I don't get it.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Notguest wrote:What do you mean by signing posts? I don't get it.
He adds his name to the end of his comments, since the Shimmie doesn't allow rank-and-files like us to have accounts.