Anyone feeling nostalgic?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

FeroxAnima

Re: Anyone feeling nostalgic?

Post by FeroxAnima »

I don't think there was a time I remembered about KS and didn't feel nostalgic. XD
It's very dear to me and I don't see that ever changing. I found it during a specific time period in which I was very vulnerable, emotional, and aching; and it's helped me through it. It gave me so much strength and motivation which I then used to get through it.

Damn, that was like... 5 or 6 years ago? And the forums are so far from being what they used to be, back when new people were making huge posts of gratitude and emotion on a daily basis (just look at the feels bazaar and the "thank you 4LS" post XD); and yet here we are, still visiting. Back then I was still in high school; today I'm almost done with my nearly 3-years-long combat military service and thoughts of KS always come back eventually, no matter how changed I might be in some aspects.
Last edited by FeroxAnima on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"May the Force be ever in your favor."
Effie-Wan Trinoby

If you happen to have a spare copy of the Midwinter artbook for sale, I'd be grateful if you let me know :D

That one day was a good one.
Ploggs

Post by Ploggs »

Mirage_GSM wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:51 am Hehe, I strongly doubt you'll be the last. We still get new people regularly, though few of them stick around.
Anyway, welcome!
Thank you. It's quite impressive how a small project such as this still has people discussing it so long after.
Emi Ibarazaki wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:28 pm I thought about Katawa Shoujo the other day, this year will mark 5 years since I first played it. Time flies!
It's a bit sad, though. All of the things it inspired me to work towards changing, I haven't. Somethings I wanted to do such as getting better at art, I've tried working towards, but is infrequent at most and my progress over the years is nowhere where I'd want it to be. I've definitely become lazier over the past 5 years, which is quite impressive because I can remember how lazy I was then. Practice and hardwork seems to be antithetical to my soul, which is disappointing. Hopefully I won't come back in 2023 and say that nothing has changed.
Overall though, KS was a great jumping point into a medium which I hadn't really experienced, and am now a big fan of today. I've met life long friends and many personality aspects about me have changed. Perhaps I'll play through it again and see if it will inspire lasting change in me.
Yes, I hope your art goes well. 5 Years really is a long time, so I'm sure you'll have plenty of experience accumulated in that time.
Rixen

Post by Rixen »

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. I have to say I am most certainly feeling nostalgic. I had a dream a few nights ago about a woman I loved many years ago. I couldn't really explain what suddenly made her pop up in my thoughts but it really affected me. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her and somehow, while thinking about her and perusing random places on the Internet, I came across Katawa Shoujo. I read a bit about the game and was highly intrigued. About an hour ago I finished playing the Lilly path. That completed the game for me. I started Rin, then Hanako, Shizune, Emi and finally Lilly. All the paths really blew me away and I have to say the Hanako path hits closest to home for me. While the aforementioned woman wasn't burned at all, her mannerisms and behavior were very much like Hanako. This only reinforced my nostalgia but in a good way I guess. Playing through this game has really affected me and I have to say it was a very emotional yet gratifying experience.
FeroxAnima

Post by FeroxAnima »

Rixen wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:07 am Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. I have to say I am most certainly feeling nostalgic. I had a dream a few nights ago about a woman I loved many years ago. I couldn't really explain what suddenly made her pop up in my thoughts but it really affected me. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her and somehow, while thinking about her and perusing random places on the Internet, I came across Katawa Shoujo. I read a bit about the game and was highly intrigued. About an hour ago I finished playing the Lilly path. That completed the game for me. I started Rin, then Hanako, Shizune, Emi and finally Lilly. All the paths really blew me away and I have to say the Hanako path hits closest to home for me. While the aforementioned woman wasn't burned at all, her mannerisms and behavior were very much like Hanako. This only reinforced my nostalgia but in a good way I guess. Playing through this game has really affected me and I have to say it was a very emotional yet gratifying experience.
Super glad to hear Katawa Shoujo still reaches new people to this day! <3
Welcome :)
"May the Force be ever in your favor."
Effie-Wan Trinoby

If you happen to have a spare copy of the Midwinter artbook for sale, I'd be grateful if you let me know :D

That one day was a good one.
Rixen

Post by Rixen »

Thank you. I have to say going through Katawa Shoujo was an experience. I wouldn't really call it a game, more like an emotional blender and well worth the time spent. I've played a few VN's over the years that were really good but this one felt special. I guess it had to be considering how it came together. Considering the quality of the game, I can't believe it was free.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Stumbled into a Let's Play of Hanako's route with a link to the site, and holy crap it turns out that not only did it not slide into an archive somewhere, my login still works. I'm feeling regret mostly. A lot of my posts were unhelpful pretentious cringe, and I was posting incessantly for like four months. I never finished that fanfic project, basically stopped writing fiction after that. It's like I tripped over my self-imposed deadline and into a chasm. It's a shame because I can see what was wrong with them now, but have totally forgotten where the longer of the pair was eventually heading to.

Looking back, goddamn was this fandom was weird. Did anyone wind up volunteering or anything? What happened to all the people who started running? Any disabled weddings? The fervor following the game's release suggest that there should be.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I never started running (but I never said I was going to either) but I do take better care of myself these days.
Not Dead Yet
Envaris

Post by Envaris »

Been following Katawa Shoujo for ages. Since back in 2009 when I was just a 14~ year old newfag seeing the writefags and drawfags on 4chinz. Even as just a lurker back then I still feel some kind of weird connection to all those dumb stories. Sad to say 4chan doesn't create content like it use too and no matter anyone will tell you, Katawa Shoujo got it's traction on an anonymous fishing forum.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Oddball wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:12 pm I never started running (but I never said I was going to either) but I do take better care of myself these days.
Thumbs up, buddy. Unless you're greek, then it's some other positive gesture.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Teenage Honved Fan

Post by Teenage Honved Fan »

Especially after playing DDLC, yes. It's been far too long since I completed any of the routes. Far too long.
Lilly > Miki > Akira

The holy trinity.
b12c2018

Post by b12c2018 »

FeroxAnima wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:48 am
Super glad to hear Katawa Shoujo still reaches new people to this day! <3
Welcome :)
Count me in! Just started the game a month ago.
As I have said in other posts, the game changed me a lot in a positive way. I made some huge decisions, the first one being that, picking up from Emi's route, I started to watch my health, and picked up a morning running habit. I already found myself healthier and eating more. I will definitely come back here later and share the fruits of my recent changes. I am very positive they are happening.

Cannot thank the dev enough. I cannot find words to describe my joy.
Tkiss

"I lost so much when I came to Yamaku. I was... depending on you, more than I ever thought I did... After losing my entire life, and everyone I'd known, the thought of losing you, as well... I love you, Hanako. I love you so much, that the thought of losing you frightened me so much..." -- Scene Adulthood

=> Decided to love my wife every day
AnarchistSailor

Post by AnarchistSailor »

I first came to know KS back when the full version was first released. I was a big fan for a while and I immersed myself in the community back when it was livelier. Recently I started reading the VN again for old time's sake and deciced to come around to see if this place is still active, and sadly it doesn't seem to be that way. It makes sense that people move on after such a long time, and it makes me wonder if this place might be forgotton altogether one day.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

A day will come when that happens, but it is not that day for a long time yet :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

It might not be as lively as it used to be, but it's no where near dead yet.
Not Dead Yet
Hacksorus

Post by Hacksorus »

I should do my part to try and keep this place alive too. Having nobody else to talk to about this game every now and then would be quite depressing.

But I'm optimistic. This game does seem to have a way of sticking to people :P
Discord: Snowman#0476