Rin Is NOT Random

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

GarrettSchwing

Rin Is NOT Random

Post by GarrettSchwing »

For those of us who really enjoy analyzing and basically "decoding" the mysterious personalities of other people, I think it's easy to see that Rin isn't as "RANDOM" as many of the people who play this game play her out to be.

Rin is VERY mental, I have to give her that. Hell, how else is she to express herself without one of the most important things on the human body? The arms? But, she gets her point across as well as any other character in the game. It's in the characters unique way though. That leads to the beauty of the selection that the player has in the game.

There's a small connection, but Rin speaks like me from what I can see. But, with that "artistic flair" that her personality was sculptured out to be. But, I found myself with Emi. Close enough right? lol. But, Rin would be that nice intellectual friend to have if I ever made the choice to befriend Emi in real life.
Embrodak

Re: Rin Is NOT Random

Post by Embrodak »

Rin is Bro tier.
GarrettSchwing

Post by GarrettSchwing »

Embrodak wrote:Rin is Bro tier.
I FOUND YOU!
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

I have yet to see anyone describe Rin as "random xD"

But for those who would, I would direct them to penguins of doom for an example of what one would consider true randomness.

Seriously, not everybody makes her out to be random. In fact I would say that nobody does.
GarrettSchwing

Post by GarrettSchwing »

Caesius wrote:I have yet to see anyone describe Rin as "random xD"

But for those who would, I would direct them to penguins of doom for an example of what one would consider true randomness.

Seriously, not everybody makes her out to be random. In fact I would say that nobody does.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1894

This poster right here. lol.
Embrodak

Post by Embrodak »

I recall when that was new on a certain imageboard.

At the time, I fell for it 10/10.

What's worse is, I know people like that.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

GarrettSchwing wrote:

Guests aren't people.
GarrettSchwing

Post by GarrettSchwing »

Caesius wrote:
GarrettSchwing wrote:

Guests aren't people.
Wha? Nevermind... lol.
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

I think Rin said it best in her path from the demo, though I don't have it installed on my laptop to source, so I can only paraphrase: "I'm not really that complicated."

I think she just has a childlike perspective on the universe, and being denied the amenity of hands forces her to depend on others, so speaking in comical ways and not taking things too seriously may be a way of endearing herself to aquaintances who have reservations about getting to know her better.

I could be way off. But I found her conversations to be the most engaging in the demo. What she lacks in looks, she makes up for in fun.
Imagine me and you...
GarrettSchwing

Post by GarrettSchwing »

Vertical wrote:I think Rin said it best in her path from the demo, though I don't have it installed on my laptop to source, so I can only paraphrase: "I'm not really that complicated."

I think she just has a childlike perspective on the universe, and being denied the amenity of hands forces her to depend on others, so speaking in comical ways and not taking things too seriously may be a way of endearing herself to aquaintances who have reservations about getting to know her better.

I could be way off. But I found her conversations to be the most engaging in the demo. What she lacks in looks, she makes up for in fun.
Well said amigo. :D
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

This is by far the most frequently used description when we talk about Rin
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:
Then your fanbase has a higher estimation of your writing skills than you do. Think on that a while.
Mow

Post by Mow »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:
SCREW WHAT THE DEVS SAY, we like to think really hard and make small things seem like sychological purgatory mind-screw deep poetry.

In fact, Rin isn't random. Without having her arms to express herself, she feel trapped and deep inside she's a traumatized loli searching for her 'onii-chan'. She tried to fit in by joking about it, and acting aloof and uncaring. However, she cries to be accepted and loved through her artwork. The reason she's only friends with Emi is because she thinks emi can understand her feeling trapped and longing, due to Emi's loss of legs. Everything Rin says has a deeper message, and the discussion of her not knowing what her artwork is about is a discussion of her not knowing love. She asks him if he knows what the painting is about similiarly to a middle school girl asks 'do you like me?'.

What do you mean it's not symbolism?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Truth be told we basically just wrote Rin's dailogue normally then machine transalted it to Finnish and back again.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money

Post by Guest »

The term "random" wasn't out of the blue...Hisao himself compares Rin to a chess computer that throws seemingly random moves at you just to confuse the hell out of you. But maybe it wasn't the most accurate term to use.

I don't think Rin's way of speaking is something she does in order to "compensate" for her lack of arms. I'm not even sure if she's doing it conciously. She seems to simply have a few habits that make conversations with her somewhat unusual. I noticed she has a tendency to take sayings literally. Her reaction to Emi's "girlish figure" line is the most well-known one, but she does it on other occasions too, like when Hisao says "a penny for your thoughts" or "Don't mention it". Maybe it's meant as a joke, but she usually reacts with a straight face. She also tends to hyperfocus on details that most other people would consider too irrelevant to the point they're trying to make to say out loud. When most people say that something goes faster than a speeding train, they don't add something like: "the kind that has tray tables in the backs of the seats" because it isn't relevant to the comparison. Rin would add that kind of thing because it popped in her head when she imagined a train and either she doesn't care that adding it isn't relevant, or she can't distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information very well.

I'm not sure if she's "deeper" than the rest of the cast. It's possible the other girls also tend to ponder things from time to time, but Rin is the only one who verbalizes the whole process all the time.