'Rite of passage' fanfics?

WORDS WORDS WORDS

kayeskay

'Rite of passage' fanfics?

Post by kayeskay »

As someone relatively new to the KS community, what are some fanfics to read that can be considered 'rites of passages' or 'must reads'?
brythain

Re: 'Rite of passage' fanfics?

Post by brythain »

kayeskay wrote:As someone relatively new to the KS community, what are some fanfics to read that can be considered 'rites of passages' or 'must reads'?
If you mean the most famed ones dealing with KS main characters, those are probably 'Sisterhood' and 'Developments'.

Which characters are your favourites? That might help us narrow the scope down for you. Welcome to this community! :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Just Some Guy

Post by Just Some Guy »

I haven't read a lot of fanfiction, but I have read Scissorlips' A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route which I quite enjoyed. I suppose it all depends on what kind of stories you are looking for.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I'm trying to remember what the first psuedo route was. I want to say it was a Rika story but I'm not sure.

Also, I'd suggest that if you're going to read Sisterhood, read the original version. The expanded version looses quite a bit.
Not Dead Yet
kayeskay

Post by kayeskay »

brythain wrote:
Which characters are your favourites? That might help us narrow the scope down for you. Welcome to this community! :)
Hanako and Lilly are definitely my favourites, though Emi is close behind. Couldn't really feel a connection with Shizune or Rin.

I wouldn't mind some pseudo-route recommendations though. I've heard a lot of good things about them as well.
brythain

Post by brythain »

kayeskay wrote:
brythain wrote:
Hanako and Lilly are definitely my favourites, though Emi is close behind. Couldn't really feel a connection with Shizune or Rin.

I wouldn't mind some pseudo-route recommendations though. I've heard a lot of good things about them as well.
Frankly, I think 'Developments' is best for a multiple-character developmental (haha) story, whereas original Sisterhood (the older version) is good Hanako/Lilly.

Confining myself only to completed stories, the Akira pseudo-route and the Suzu pseudo-pseudo-route are well fleshed-out and deserve a read.

There are several shorter ones, including the detective novella 'Fractures' (which I really enjoyed). One possible avenue for searching out good reads is to see what people have said about them in the Yamaku Book Club's sporadic discussions, in a thread in the Fanfic section.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Wrb41977

Post by Wrb41977 »

I would throw in Direction as a fairly decent Post-Rin NE fan-fic.

https://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7221