Iwanako

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nosson

Re: Iwanako

Post by Nosson »

SABAN wrote: Things go to hell from there.
Like Kenji freaking out and then killing Iwanako because he thinks she is a feminist pyschic spy who just exploded Hisao's heart?
SABAN

Post by SABAN »

Nosson wrote:
Like Kenji freaking out and then killing Iwanako because he thinks she is a feminist pyschic spy who just exploded Hisao's heart?
Genius.

It's ridiculous, but then again, so is Kenji.
pmcc

Post by pmcc »

SABAN wrote:
Nosson wrote:
Genius.

It's ridiculous, but then again, so is Kenji.
ya ture that so that makes it kinda work lol makes ya think if it could happen lol
hey hit me up im bord and if ya know any good games i should try send me a message new to this stuff :) lol
ROFLWAFFLE!

Post by ROFLWAFFLE! »

I have this image in my head... "Iwanako gets legs amputated in accident and goes to Yamaku with prosthetic limbs."
But, that's highly unlikely...
"Michael Jackson ain't dead, he's just hiding somewhere in South America with Elvis n' 2pac."
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

If anything, Shizune should be the one to meet Iwanako or at least learn more about her. You know she'd want to compete with her boyfriend's sorta-ex-girlfriend.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

HeMeido wrote:If anything, Shizune should be the one to meet Iwanako or at least learn more about her. You know she'd want to compete with her boyfriend's sorta-ex-girlfriend.
I bet money that if that happened she would yell at Iwanako for ditching Hisao when he was in the hospital and Misha would translate her rage in a cheerful voice.
Anon XD

Post by Anon XD »

erisi236 wrote:She stopped visiting the hospital because she died in a traffic accident one day while coming to visit. No one told Hisao so he wouldn't become upset and possibly die.

So while he still resents her for not coming to visit anymore, he's unaware that her last thoughts were of him.
..i was going to post some thing...but forgot what when i saw erisi236 post this... heh.. never expected that..
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

erisi236 wrote:She stopped visiting the hospital because she died in a traffic accident one day while coming to visit. No one told Hisao so he wouldn't become upset and possibly die.

So while he still resents her for not coming to visit anymore, he's unaware that her last thoughts were of him.
That would have been incredibly awesome. It could pull so much drama if put on a route.... if Hisao really cared that much that Iwanako suddenly disappeared. By how I got it, it seemed like he wasn't all that happy, but understood that there wasn't really anything to keep them together.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

If the story wasn't about Hisao moving on to five potential love interests, this would have been a cool plot.

Also, more Meat Loaf:

There were nights when the wind was so cold...
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Timst

Post by Timst »

I'm pretty sure we'll see Iwanako again, she's too much of a Chekov's gun to not be mentioned ever again.
"What is love ? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more."
Haddaway, What is Love ?

This looks the kind of thing Hisao could tell to Iwanako.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

I don't see Iwanako being phased out, but rather seen as a character that makes an appearance if/when some of Hisao's friends visit the school. something like they just found out what school he transferred to and decided to pay him a visit. And guess who wanted to come.
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

Snicket wrote:I don't see Iwanako being phased out, but rather seen as a character that makes an appearance if/when some of Hisao's friends visit the school. something like they just found out what school he transferred to and decided to pay him a visit. And guess who wanted to come.
That's a VERY dodgy situation to weave into the story. I don't think Hisao has that many friends who'd drive across the country and up a hill just to see him only to find out he's been banging some hot chick. And Iwanoko probably tried to move on but failed and wouldn't want to chase a dead end. She seems like that kind of person.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

Timst wrote:I'm pretty sure we'll see Iwanako again, she's too much of a Chekov's gun to not be mentioned ever again.
But what if she's there just to provide an idea of the life Hisao had before his heart problem arose? She's there to show what Hisao has lost.
Timst

Post by Timst »

Well, there could be other ways to show what he had lost. He never talk about his former friends for instance, or even about his parents. He tell us about how he casually played soccer or lived in a big metropolis, but that's about all he seems to "remember" about his former life, and he doesn't act like it's a big lost for him.
Last edited by Timst on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What is love ? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more."
Haddaway, What is Love ?

This looks the kind of thing Hisao could tell to Iwanako.
Bara

Post by Bara »

I only see her as a starting point for the story and nothing more. I can very easily be wrong and the path writers can write what they want, but I don't want to see her cluttering up the remaining acts.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?