KS CYOA threads

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Richiter Bromont

Re: KS threads on 4chan

Post by Richiter Bromont »

Well, your thread ended in sealing away Bill Clinton's dark Brofist.

Sorry if that ruined things.
Virtual

Post by Virtual »

Richiter Bromont wrote:Bill Clinton's dark Brofist.
I came.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Well Uma, I suppose we are back on track. While an 'attachment disorder' is an interesting idea and explanation, it still seems to be a bit out of character. Anyway, I am looking forward to the next installment.

Richter, thanks for the entertaining write-in.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.

Post by Guest »

Richiter Bromont wrote:Well, your thread ended in sealing away Bill Clinton's dark Brofist.

Sorry if that ruined things.
Bromont I must say, that was the most awesome hijack I have ever read. I cannot wait for your thread tonight.
Richiter Bromont

Post by Richiter Bromont »

You'll have to wait longer, my computer just blew up running Team Fortress 2.

But for a sneak preview, it's about Hisao and a couple girls becoming Katawa Rangers.

And they fight a Whale fused with a Rhinoceros.

A Whanoceros.

Which is a cousin to the Helicopter crossed with Rhino.
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

Richiter Bromont wrote:You'll have to wait longer, my computer just blew up running Team Fortress 2.
TF2 can run on a toaster, do you have some archaic computer from before the dawn of man?

Also; awesome write-in, Bill Clinton is always a bro.
obscura_max

Post by obscura_max »

Richiter Bromont wrote:You'll have to wait longer, my computer just blew up running Team Fortress 2.

But for a sneak preview, it's about Hisao and a couple girls becoming Katawa Rangers.

A Whanoceros.

Ooh! I'm really looking forward to your next thread now. Any writefags er...writing tonight?

<Broseph>
Broseph

Post by Guest »

A Whanoceros.

It already sounds good. Sorry if I sound pushy, but about when can we expect the thread?
The Laughing Man

Post by The Laughing Man »

I'm terribly sorry, fellow readers, but I'm postponing writing for quite a while. I'm taking a break out of state to see the world and travel for a bit. Find myself, and all that good stuff. Where I'm heading, there's a good chance that there won't be internet. Rest assured, that I will practice my writing and that when I get back, provided that we still do the writefag threads, I'll run my fantasy/medival Katawa Shoujo Choose Your Own Adventure Role Playing Game. This is also assuming the full game hasn't come out yet, another unlikely circumstance. I have sincerely enjoyed writing for you all, and hope you'll continue to have me as another random stranger on the internet who spins tales of broken bodies, but not broken hearts.

Bromont, sorry to hear your comp crashed running TF2. I've been playing it on the console, myself. PROTIP: They can set matches so that there's only one class, apparently. So I got to fight in an Engi only game. 14 kills later, I'm having an absolute blast. Spy only game, I decide that I'll disguise as a friendly pyro. You'd be suprised how effective that is.

I'm rambling, telling war stories. Those are for another day. I will attempt to check out the forums and keep up to date, mostly at a public library. But again, for a little while, I'm not going to be able to write. Enough whining out of me. I look forward to whanoceri and the fighting of them. Hopefully with lazer bears.
WAHAHAHA I AM USING THE INTERNET
obscura_max

Post by obscura_max »

The Laughing Man wrote:I'm terribly sorry, fellow readers, but I'm postponing writing for quite a while. I'm taking a break out of state to see the world and travel for a bit. Find myself, and all that good stuff. Where I'm heading, there's a good chance that there won't be internet. Rest assured, that I will practice my writing and that when I get back, provided that we still do the writefag threads, I'll run my fantasy/medival Katawa Shoujo Choose Your Own Adventure Role Playing Game. This is also assuming the full game hasn't come out yet, another unlikely circumstance. I have sincerely enjoyed writing for you all, and hope you'll continue to have me as another random stranger on the internet who spins tales of broken bodies, but not broken hearts.

Bromont, sorry to hear your comp crashed running TF2. I've been playing it on the console, myself. PROTIP: They can set matches so that there's only one class, apparently. So I got to fight in an Engi only game. 14 kills later, I'm having an absolute blast. Spy only game, I decide that I'll disguise as a friendly pyro. You'd be suprised how effective that is.

I'm rambling, telling war stories. Those are for another day. I will attempt to check out the forums and keep up to date, mostly at a public library. But again, for a little while, I'm not going to be able to write. Enough whining out of me. I look forward to whanoceri and the fighting of them. Hopefully with lazer bears.
I'll definitely miss your threads, but I hope you have fun in your travels. Where all are you planning on heading?

By the way if all goes according to plan I'll be starting my first writefag thread tomorrow night (Wed, Aug 19) @ 10pm central or so. Going in a slightly different direction as most of what I'll be posting is pre-written, just awaiting the decisions of my fellow anonfags.
Broseph
The Laughing Man

I'm glad you enjoy my writing, I really do. As said before, it makes fighting the Good Fight that much easier.

Heading out to Arizona. Got a girl out there who I've been waiting to see for a while. A story we may tell another time. I will enoy the scenery out there. Can't wait. Feels good, man.

Hope your writethread goes well. I thought about pre-writing responses and just letting /a/ vote, but I like writing on the fly. That's by no means criticism, I mean it as artistic discussion.
Umaguma

Post by Umaguma »

The Laughing Man wrote:I'm glad you enjoy my writing, I really do. As said before, it makes fighting the Good Fight that much easier.

Heading out to Arizona. Got a girl out there who I've been waiting to see for a while. A story we may tell another time. I will enoy the scenery out there. Can't wait. Feels good, man.

Hope your writethread goes well. I thought about pre-writing responses and just letting /a/ vote, but I like writing on the fly. That's by no means criticism, I mean it as artistic discussion.
Enjoy your stay in Arizona, bro. Try to forget yourself out there and refresh your mind. I, too will take a break. I may do one more by this week's end, but I'll have to see how my schedule is.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Laughing man, just to clarify, will you be concluding your current Shizune story after your return? Or will we go back to medieval times immediately? Either way, have fun on your trip.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
obscura_max

Post by obscura_max »

The Laughing Man wrote:I'm glad you enjoy my writing, I really do. As said before, it makes fighting the Good Fight that much easier.

Well, have fun in Arizona. I'm in Texas so I know just how damn hot it can be down here.

I actually decided on prewriting responses just to see how different it would be from the on the fly writing technique that you all use for your KS threads. It definitely changes things up quite a bit and requires a lot of forethought and time, at least when it comes to starting a story. I'm pretty sure I could do an on the fly thread perfectly well but at the time I started there were already so many taking that route. It has also given me a chance to really try to reevaluate the characters as I'm attempting the keep them somewhat true to the characters as imagined by the KS devs and not just use my initial impression from May when I first played through Act 1. Specifically Rin has given me a lot of trouble, just because she's so unique. Reading through a few of the dev interviews as well as all the takes on each of the characters by you guys has really helped a lot though.

The most unique thing about it though is how the choices are presented and how often they occur. Anyway, I still need to flesh out a few more choices on the Rin route and a little on the Lilly/Hanako routes before tomorrow night (and I'm already at 13k words - 38pages!!)
Broseph
The Laughing Man

I'll probably finish my school dance arc when I get back. If /a/ continues to vote for Shizune, then we'll keep that up. I have been giving her a bit more screen time because nobody else really did. Yes, there will be a CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY moment in deciding who to ask out, and there will be a dancing romancing scene. I'm looking forward to writing it. Once this is done, we can have fun WHACKIN' HACKIN' AND SLASHIN'. Swords, sorcery, and broken hearts. Also, I'll give a quick run-through on the character classes, just to get some input and give you guys a teaser.

Misha - Bard. FLY 'CROSS THE HIGH SEAS AND MOUNTAINS! RISE ABOVE THE DARKENED HORIZONS! FAR AWAY BEYOND THE GATES OF SPACE AND TIME WHERE WE FACE ALL THE FEARS OF THE WORLD! THE CRY OF THE BRAAAAAAVE! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~! Misha jamming out on a lute/guitar amuses me.
Shizune - Crusader/Paladin. She seems the type. Ass kicking in the name of the Greater Good. Wielding a longspear.
Hanako - Rogue. I asked for a bit of drawfaggotry on /tg/ once, and I think Hanako would be a sneaky type of person, so as not to be seen.
Lilly - Monk. I KNOW A BLIND MONK, HOLY FUCK I AM SO ORIGINAL. HEY MAYBE I'LL SAY THAT SHE USES KI THROUGH HER HANDS AND FEET SO SHE CAN 'SEE'. Honestly, I could have thought her as a healer/cleric, but monk is more fun. The thought of Lilly fighting five guys at once while sipping calmly from a cup of tea amuses me. More than it probably shoul.
Emi - Fighter. A dual wielding fighter. Who is also a pirate. Who will eventually get a pirate ship. A flying pirate ship. Any real D&D players out there will agree with me when I say FUCK YEAH EBERRON FUCK YEAH AIRSHIPS FUCK YES YOU ARE THE BEST CAMPAIGN SETTING EVER.
Rin - Psion. Because Rin is the type who would bring psionics into an already hectic campaign. And because I can.
Kenji - Druid. Because a naked Kenji running around the forest yelling at animals about the feminist conspiracy amuses me. More than it probably should.

Everyone else will get some tune ups too. Muto with an eye patch as a grizzled adventurer. God, this is awesome. I hope you all enjoy this. I know I will.

Until next time, this is The Laughing Man, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, and you're all travelers on the road of life, meeting at the crossroads of the internet. May you all be excellent to one another.