"24 Hour nursing staff"

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: "24 Hour nursing staff"

Post by Guest »

They're not perfect though, since I recall Emi saying she found Rin sleeping somewhere outside in the morning. (after the latter did overtime on her mural) She was amazed they hadn't spotted her.
chocolatebear

Post by chocolatebear »

Isn't the purpose of hisao's medicine to keep him from having a fatal heart attack?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

They help, but that is all they do. Help. Not prevent. Hisao is in constant danger, and must be careful with his heart.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.

Post by Guest »

In his own words: "They don't make me better, they just make me less worse." He should now be able to stand being confessed to. Lovemaking on the other hand...
Timst

Post by Timst »

Well, about that, I find it somewhat strange that Hisao NEVER had any problem before. In the hospital scene the doctors tell him that's a miracle but seriously, when you think about it, the idea that this guy has lived from birth to high school without having a shock at the chest, or without over-exerting himself is not am miracle, it's impossible. He even told us he was casually into soccer, and that the last school year was a very busy one. And at the festival, he has troubles throwing balls. Doesn't seems realistic.

Off course, it can be a hint that his condition is worsening. Quickly. Or that suddenly returning to activity after 4 months of hospital is hard to handle, also.

Post by Guest »

There's also the psychosomatic element now that he knows he has heart problems.
Seroanth

Post by Seroanth »

Timst wrote:Well, about that, I find it somewhat strange that Hisao NEVER had any problem before. In the hospital scene the doctors tell him that's a miracle but seriously, when you think about it, the idea that this guy has lived from birth to high school without having a shock at the chest, or without over-exerting himself is not am miracle, it's impossible. He even told us he was casually into soccer, and that the last school year was a very busy one. And at the festival, he has troubles throwing balls. Doesn't seems realistic.

Off course, it can be a hint that his condition is worsening. Quickly. Or that suddenly returning to activity after 4 months of hospital is hard to handle, also.
Maybe the psychological event with Iwanako activated his hidden Arrhythmia powers.
Oh god that sounds like some cheezy anime.
Timst

Post by Timst »

Guest wrote:There's also the psychosomatic element now that he knows he has heart problems.
Ah yes, I was thinking of that also. Maybe it happened as often before, but he didn't linked it to a condition he wasn't aware of.
"What is love ? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more."
Haddaway, What is Love ?

This looks the kind of thing Hisao could tell to Iwanako.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Well since the subject seems to be drifting towards why Hisao's heart only blew up on in him in his later teenage years I'd guess it is simply because he is so lucky that rainbows and four leaf clovers come out of his ass. How else can you explain him showing up from nowhere and a slew of cuties start trying to get his attention? If you want medical studies and case histories read "Lancette" or "The New England Journal of Medicine". :lol:

Why he had problems only in High School could be from the fact that he is finally approaching his full adult physical maturity. Maybe his growth is finally outstripping his hearts limit with his condition? This is a total bullshit guess of mine to try to create an explanation that sounds vaguely logical with no kind of factual basis in medicine, human physiology or development. :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

Just to make sure I'm making a correct assumption, Hisao is roughly 16 years old, correct?

He's about half way between puberty and adulthood. He still has hormones running through him, specifically adrenaline, directing his growth. I imagine that his condition is probably some what aggravated by large doses of adrenaline, which set his heart into overdrive, and put him on the hnnngh line. Going through this period of growth, his body is naturally producing more adrenaline than it would be when he was, say 8 years old, even if he was playing sports. I'm sure the combination of mid-puberty hormones combined with the sudden rush of hormones from a love interest probably set off his heart simply due to the pure shock of the situation (where as sports would bring on a more gradual hormone level increase that his heart could contain).

Swinging back on topic - I'm sure a school like this has "help me" buttons scattered about, both in the hallways and along path ways. At my college, there are plenty of call boxes, linked directly to Security, scattered around campus. Each of them has a call/intercom button and another large, red button that I like to call the 'get your ass down here' button. With all of the sudden-medical condition risks at Yamaku, I'm sure similar boxes are fairly well distributed where anyone with a problem should be able to muster enough strength to reach one.
GarrettSchwing

Post by GarrettSchwing »

Riku wrote:Couldn't Emi claw at the ground to crawl? Wouldn't yelling work too? But poor Hisao. Has to rely on the ninja nurses. Of course hnnnnng-ing would send out waves of The Force.
Riku... I laughed so hard to your comment to this...

Whoa... Calm down...

Ninja.... Hnnnnng.... Life Alert! *Pfffffffffffffffffft*
GarrettSchwing

Post by GarrettSchwing »

ALL

STUDENTS

SHOULD

HAVE

LIFE

ALERT
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

While Hisao is probably a special case, I don't think there are too many disabilities out there that cause people to "explode," like delta said. I mean, epilepsy is probably at the top of my list. I think most problems are solved by roommates or the buddy system, in addition to phones. ...Everywhere.

I actually had a sister who died after getting angina. She ignored her early symptoms which included chest pain and cold sweats like Hisao probably did. I know it's a stretch for some people but maybe he didn't notice girls before the Iwanako incident. And you can play soccer on the bench a lot.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
Anon XD

Post by Anon XD »

..i don't think they will need 24hours nurses around... cost is too high.. besides, 23hours is good enough, oh Emi with broken legs? She can manage, she hates being told she cant do it rmb? Now about Hisao and his heart attack......
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

darkblade986 wrote:Just to make sure I'm making a correct assumption, Hisao is roughly 16 years old, correct?
I think the last year of High School marks them as 17-18. If Hanako's birth year of 1989 in Crud's birthday story is to be believed, and one of the devs wrote that the game takes place in 2007 is also correct, it would also set the main characters' ages at 17-18 years of age.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.