Re: Flutter - Level Seventeen: Tag-Out [2/7/16]

Post by Dash9 »

to let solo this boss —
to let you
-----
A curious paper bomb… Waiting to be triggered
trigger warning
-----
Hisao is going to be one of the toughest fights of his life.
be in one
-----
two figures walk hand-in-hand
and yet, “Huh? What, no, me and ‘Nako aren’t a… thing.” I gotta admit, this is one twist I didn't see coming. Totally changes some things around a bit. Very well done!
-----
“This is Rika, by the way, she’s my, uh…”
really Hisao? After all that fun on the couch you still can't admit she's your girlfriend? For shame.
-----
I looks up from the grass with raw emotion behind his eyes.
? he looks up?
-----
says between breathes
breaths?
-----
something to eat? My shout.”

My treat / I'm buying? Guessing 'my shout' is another one of those fancy English things I've never heard before. Or you could leave it, it's not like it's very hard to figure out from context after all.
-----

Great chapter, As I mentioned before, hell of a twist that I wasn't expecting. Great writing and plenty of Rika-is-ADORABLE moments, as always. By the way, I probably should have asked this 15 chapters ago, but should I just PM you the typos I find instead? I always feel like I'm just cluttering up the thread after every chapter.

Thanks for sharing,
--Dash
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

AlexFDSR wrote:
Sharp-O wrote:"At least it isn’t raining!”
You don't know what you've triggered in my mind... "Hisao, I got word of another katawa needing our help, I'll mark her on your map".
*slyly smiles* That's pretty close to something that'll be showing up soon-ish. :wink:
Mirage_GSM wrote:And really? Hisao wearing a sweatervest on a day like this?
I've already given up on trying to stomp out that meme even though there is exactly one time in the VN that Hisao wearing a sweatervest is mentioned and that is by Jigoro, but this is a bit much, don't you think?
VN characters have like 4 costumes overall and the story about the gamer girl isn't going to buck that trope :lol:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Apart form that great chapter again, and it seems it's going to turn into a double date after all :-)
Well Rika needs to talk to Iwanako at some point, right?
Dash9 wrote:By the way, I probably should have asked this 15 chapters ago, but should I just PM you the typos I find instead? I always feel like I'm just cluttering up the thread after every chapter.
That's what the comment section is for, Dash. Any corrections or suggestions are always appreciated.

Glad everyone liked this chapter and the little surprise about 'Nako and Shin. Hope everyone will enjoy what comes next!
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

I like Shin, seems like a cool dude, but it worries me that you mentioned "choosing sides" :lol:
One Shots - My stories thread.
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Sharp-O wrote:If I was doing Civil War, it'd be at Yamaku and would be a water gun fight between the boys and girls dorms :lol:
I think it's more that I want Mai, Takumi, Shin and Hisao to be a happy family together, but the from what we've seen so far it seems like Shin has chosen Iwanako over his buddies.

Can't wait for the next chapter, where Rika deals with the sunburn she's gonna get walking around in the sun all day. :lol:
One Shots - My stories thread.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

swampie2 wrote:I think it's more that I want Mai, Takumi, Shin and Hisao to be a happy family together, but the from what we've seen so far it seems like Shin has chosen Iwanako over his buddies.
There will be conversations had about this, trust me and not everyone is going to make it out alive. Figuratively.
swampie2 wrote:Can't wait for the next chapter, where Rika deals with the sunburn she's gonna get walking around in the sun all day. :lol:
She's got sunblock and a hat on, she's fiiiine! :lol:
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Well that went better than I expected.

That was really well handled and nicely done. I liked the touch about Iwanako's bullying -it's a subject that's more prevalent than people realize.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Razoredge

Post by Razoredge »

A good chapter as usual :D
Iwanako... Makes sense.
You do it good dude :D
Lilly = Akira > Miki = Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune

Stuff I'm currently writing : Beyond the haze : A Lilly Satou pseudo-route, Lullaby of an open heart : A Saki pseudo-route & Sakura Blossom : A way with Hisao
Texaboose

Post by Texaboose »

Dash9 wrote:
something to eat? My shout.”

My treat / I'm buying? Guessing 'my shout' is another one of those fancy English things I've never heard before. Or you could leave it, it's not like it's very hard to figure out from context after all.
Yep - also an Australian thing too. I always forget that American's don't know what 'shouting' is, and they look at me strangely when I use the term.

I haven't been commenting much on this, since each chapter has been enjoyable and I don't have much/any constructive criticism to give. With this chapter though - while it was a good read, and I appreciate the different turn of events that Iwanako had to endure, I also felt it was a tad... excessive? Like you'd have to go to school with a complete bunch of A-Grade Assholes for them to blame YOU about someone else having a bad heart and to the extent the bullying was taken. Or maybe I've just led a sheltered life. However, like I said, it was also a refreshingly different take on things, which is always a good thing.

Rika's still a treat. Hisao's still a Broody McBroodface. Still need more Mai.
Currently reading (and being thoroughly depressed by): After the Dream by brythain
Also currently reading (sans depression):
The Benefit of Hindsight by Puncyclopedia
Learning to Fly by Eurobeatjester
Flutter by Sharp-O
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Hoitash wrote:That was really well handled and nicely done. I liked the touch about Iwanako's bullying -it's a subject that's more prevalent than people realize.
Texaboose wrote:With this chapter though - while it was a good read, and I appreciate the different turn of events that Iwanako had to endure, I also felt it was a tad... excessive? Like you'd have to go to school with a complete bunch of A-Grade Assholes for them to blame YOU about someone else having a bad heart and to the extent the bullying was taken. Or maybe I've just led a sheltered life. However, like I said, it was also a refreshingly different take on things, which is always a good thing.
If there's anything that I learned in school, it's that kids are A-Grade Assholes. Not all, mind you, but just enough to make a person's life a living hell especially over something like this. When you can get bullied for having the wrong kind of trainers or have your hair set on fire just because, then some sadistic little cocksucker will make it their mission to remind you everyday that you almost killed someone.
Texaboose wrote:Rika's still a treat. Hisao's still a Broody McBroodface. Still need more Mai.
To answer your comments in order: That's not going to change. That will change. Be careful what you wish for. :wink:
StalkR

Post by StalkR »

Sharp-O wrote:Be careful what you wish for. :wink:
I'm looking forward for more Mai, if that's what you'll grant us with :wink:

After reading and finishing numerous (completed) fan fictions and then jumping on to this one, I guess I have to suffer with the waiting game and a broken F5 key sometime in the future :mrgreen:

Nonetheless, I like where this fan fic is headed. (more cliffhangers). Keep it coming brothaaa!
"You can forget someone you love, but never forget the love you had for someone"

Hey, check me out on Steam if you have time. Maybe we can play together sometime
http://steamcommunity.com/id/stalkingdog/

-StalkR... or someone
Sharp-O

Flutter - Level Eighteen: Crossed Up [6/7/16]

Post by Sharp-O »

Shin and Hisao catch up along the way to a family restaurant Shin suggested while me and Iwanako try our very best not to say a single word to each other. Didn’t really think about what I would actually say to the girl who dated my boyfriend before me and is, in a way, responsible for us meeting.

She kept close to Shin though didn’t hold his hand, instead looking around every now and then — especially when passing other people. It sucks that she’s become this pariah for something that was ultimately out of her control. Hisao didn’t even know he had a heart condition so how is it her fault?

The four of us eventually find the restaurant and enter, making a beeline for a booth by the window that was just getting cleared. Hisao slides into the booth, close to the window and is mirrored by Iwanako, me and Shin sitting opposite each other.

Then there’s Shin falling out with Mai and Takumi… They seem like nice people so I don’t understand why… Man, this whole situation is a lot more complicated than I imagined. This is why I have, like, two friends. All of this drama…

If I’m honest, it’s a hassle I’d rather do without and that Hisao certainly doesn’t need. I’m getting stressed and I hardly know these guys so god only knows what it’s doing to him! I just wish we could go back to cuddling and fooling around on the couch… That’d be sweeeet~

“Are you o-okay, Rika? You look… well, I don’t w-wanna say weird but that’s pretty much the only word for your face right now.” Iwanako asks with a perplexed chuckle, breaking through my mental fog.

“Hm? Sorry, I was just thinking…” I offer as I look around the booth at the other confused faces. “Wait, did you just call my face weird?”

“Looked like you were in your own little fantasy world there.” Hisao smirks. Does he know what I was thinking about? No, that’d be silly! Doesn’t stop my cheeks from going flush though.

“I wasn’t having a fantasy, Hisao!” I snap defensively, simultaneously making Hisao laugh and making Iwanako and Shin stare at me like I’m a weirdo. Why are you doing this to me, you jerk!? Thankfully a waitress comes along so we can order some food and drinks.

“The milkshakes here are great, Rika; you’ll love them!” Iwanako claps her hands together with a beaming smile — the happiest I’ve seen her so far. She is kinda cute when she hasn’t got her mopey face on.

“Do you come here often then?” I enquire and she nods.

“Yeah! I was going to—” She gestures to Hisao before stopping mid-sentence and shrinking into her seat a little. “Nevermind, it’s st-stupid. Is there a place y-you guys hang out at?”

“The town near Yamaku has a tea room called the Shanghai. Pretty much every student hangs out there.” Hisao explains after a couple seconds, no doubt trying to figure out what Iwanako was going to say. “I’m told you’re not really a Yamaku student until you visit the Shanghai.”

“That sounds nice. Did you g-guys met there?” Iwanako has turned all shy again but she’s asking about us as a couple. Again, another awkward social situation that I didn’t really think about dealing with before coming here.

“More or less.” Hisao chuckles, probably not wanting to tell her we met at the post office. That story is going to haunt this relationship forever, I swear… “Though we’ve spent far more time either at the pool or playing in Rika’s room.”

“Wh-wh-what?!” Iwanako stammers, eyes wide in shock as her face turns crimson. Damn it, Hisao…

“Playing video games in my room.” I clarify, nudging Hisao with my elbow for not doing so himself. “And I’ve kinda been teaching him how to swim.”

“Really? And how’s that going?” Shin asks with a sceptical look.

“Well, I haven’t sunk to the bottom yet…” Hisao scratches his head with a crooked smile. Except that one time you did but better not bring that up…

The conversation drifts between topics; mostly about the school and, between me and Hisao, we cover most of the same questions that Mai and Takumi asked. I’m half way through explaining what clubs we have when my phone vibrates in my pocket.

Excusing myself from the table, I walk towards the entrance and slip outside as I answer.

“Hello?”

“Hiii, Rika! It’s Fuuka. How’s it going, girl!?” My friend’s cheerful voice rings from the receiver.

“Hey, Fuuka! It’s going okay, just out to lunch at the minute. How about you?”

“Me, Molly, and Taro are hanging out in Sendai. Say hi, guys!” I hear a couple of familiar voices cry out in the background before Fuuka returns. “Soooo… what you guys been up to?”

“Mostly doing meet-and-greets, really.” I sigh with a weary smile she can’t see. “Hisao’s parents are nice and his friends are cool too but there’s this whole thing going on… Apparently their little group split while Hisao was in the hospital.”

“Sounds rough. Have you met the ex yet?”

“Yeeeeah…” I respond with an audible grimace.

“Do we officially hate her? Are we calling her names?” I can almost see the mischievous smile in her face. I can only imagine the foul-mouthed tirade she’d come out with if I said yes.

“Sorry to disappoint you but she’s actually pretty okay.”

“Awwww… So you won’t be getting into a cat fight? Boooo~!”

“I didn’t say that but let’s hope not. My fight skills are limited to the digital world.” I chuckle, peering through the restaurant windows. “It’s great to hear from you, Fuuka, but I think our food is arriving. I’ll call you later, okay?”

“Sure thing! Give my best to Hisao and hang in there, Rika! We’re all rooting for yoooou!” Fuuka shouts down the phone and follows it up with kissy noises as I close the call. Sheesh, she’s such a handful! And ‘rooting’ for me? Really? I let out a little snort of amusement at the idea of Fuuka cheering me on from across the country. My precious little pervert.

-----------

Iwanako was right; this strawberry milkshake is delicious! I’m still savouring it as we leave the restaurant.

“It was nice to see you again, Hisao. I’m glad we could reconnect, despite what I said in my letter.” Iwanako says with a blushing smile, seemingly more comfortable with both me and Hisao.

“Me too. I hope we can do this again soon.” Hisao smiles warmly and offers her a hug with open arms. She looks at me, as if looking for permission. I suck on my milkshake with a smirk; gesturing that she’s allowed with head tilt.

I can’t get all jealous at this. They’ve both been through hell and I’m glad that they can both put the past behind them an—

“What the fuck is this?!”

We all turn to look down the street to the source of the shout; Mai? She storms up to us and Iwanako instantly disappears from beside Hisao, shielding herself with Shin.

“What are you doing, Hisao? How can you even look at her after what she did to you?” Mai’s face can’t seem to decide whether it wants to express confusion or anger.

“We were about to go our separate ways after a nice afternoon…” Shin responds in a defensively snarky manner. “But I guess that was too much to ask for, huh?”

“Shut up, Shin!” Mai sneers, Shin scoffing back at her and muttering. “Yeah, haven’t missed hearing that.”

“Mai, look, calm down. We were just talking.” Hisao explains, placing a hand on his friend’s shoulder to reassure her.

“She almost killed you, Hisao! Why would you want to talk to her?” Mai asks, almost pleadingly. I glance at Iwanako and she’s not looking great. Shaking almost like she did the other day.

“Because I wanted to speak to her, Mai. Because I wanted her to know that I didn’t blame her.”

“Wha-?”

“See? Even Hisao doesn’t blame her! It wasn’t her fault, Mai!”

“I told you to shut up!” Mai growls at Shin, who doesn’t seem to want to back down either. I guess this is kinda how their friendship has always been; that’s my impression from what Hisao told me at least.

“Shin, I can handle this.” Hisao places his hand on Shin’s chest to stop him. “Mai. It wasn’t Iwanako’s fault. It was a complete accident!”

“But she still… You were in the hospital for months, Hisao!”

Iwanako begins shaking her head, hands tight to her chest. She looks at me with wide fearful eyes before bolting in the opposite direction.

“‘Nako!” Shin calls out and I push my milkshake into his hands.

“Look after Hisao! I’ll get her.” I call out, giving chase.

“Be careful!” I hear Hisao behind me and smile. What’s the worst that could happen?

-----------

“A-are y-you okay, Rika?” Iwanako stupidly asks and all I can do is wheeze in response while bracing myself against my knees. Oh god, I think I’m dying… We ran, like, less than half a block — why does it feel like I ran laps with Ibarazaki?

“Y-you sh-should probably sit down…” Iwanako guides me to a nearby bench and I lean over my knees like I’m gonna throw up. Not ruling the possibility out.

“You… Run… Fast…” I gasp between deep breaths. Iwanako takes a seat beside me and rubs my back gently.

“I’m on-I was on the track team. I’m guessing y-you’re not in a sports club?” She says with a bemused little smile.

“Surprisingly, no.” I choke out a laugh, resting my back against the bench. “Damn. I’m really out of shape.”

“I thought you swam every day?”

“Ehhhh, more like float lazily and think about stuff.” I admit with an embarrassed expression. I look around us, to get my bearings, and realise we’re next to the Meguro river. Hisao said he was going to bring me here and I have to admit, it’d be awfully romantic but here I am; sweaty and tired with Hisao’s panicked ex-girlfriend instead. Just my luck.

“Are you alright now?” Iwanako asks and I give her a little thumbs up. She smiles before looking down and fussing with her skirt. “Rika? Ummm, if you don’t mind me asking…”

I raise an eyebrow at her and her head shrinks into her shoulders.

“Wh-what is your, um… thing?” Heh, she’s the only one of Hisao’s friends to just come out and ask me.

“I’ll save you the boring details but I have a heart condition. Kinda like Hisao’s but I’ve known about mine all my life.” I explain carefully but it still shocks Iwanako.

“Th-Then why d-d-did you chase a-a-after me!? You c-could have… Oh no… And it would b-be my fault again! God, I’m so fucking stupid!” She grips her black hair tightly in balled fists as she stutters.

“I’m fine, ‘Nako. Look, I’m okay! Please don’t freak out again.” I move to comfort her with a wide smile.

“B-B-But…” She sniffs as she looks up at me with reddened eyes.

“Takes a lot more than a bit of running to knock me down!” I giggle and she gives me a courtesy smile before staring at the pavement again. “At least it put some colour in my cheeks, right?”

Iwanako looks at me again, tilts her head curiously but then laughs. “Yeah… A little bit! Is the white hair and pale skin part of your condition?”

“Nah, separate deal entirely. I’m Albino.” I smile and Iwanako claps her hands over her mouth in shock. Wh-what did I say?

“Oh my god, I’m soooo sorry!” She grabs my hands tight as she turns crimson, continuing to ramble. “I wasn’t making fun of your skin colour. I swear I’m not a racist!”

“Wh-what?” I… Has she snapped? Is she bipolar or something?

“I didn’t even realise you were a foreigner; your Japanese is amazing!”

What the hell is she…

“What’s Albania like?”

Oh my god, Hisao, you dodged a bullet with this one

-----------

After explaining what an Albino is to Iwanako and after she stopped apologising for the misunderstanding, we chatted for a little bit before I received a call from Hisao. On our way to meet him, Iwanako went quiet again.

I never thought I would end up baby-sitting this girl. I expected a love rival or a femme fatale but, as it turned out, Iwanako is kind of a sweetheart. She expressed a small amount of happiness that Hisao ignored her letter and admitted that she was scared to see him again in case she triggered another attack.

Strangely, I’m glad this little escapade kinda worked out for the both of them. Life is short enough but even more-so for me and Hisao and I’m happy that he could resolve things with Iwanako. And after hearing her story, she seems happier knowing Hisao doesn’t hate her.

With whatever time we have left here, maybe we can change the minds of Mai and Takumi too and help make sure Iwanako doesn’t get bullied anymore.

“There you guys are!” Hisao calls out as we round the corner. He’s standing outside the restaurant still but with neither Mai or Shin to be seen. He smiles wearily at us with holding a cup tray with three to-go cups in it.

“Where’s Shin?” Iwanako asks, looking around as we stop in front of Hisao.

“He… left. Mai was getting all hot-headed and Shin just kept pushing her buttons and they both kind of stormed off.” He frowns. “At a certain point, you weren’t even what they were arguing about. I’d forgotten what they were like.”

Oddly, Iwanako laughs as she takes the cup Hisao offers to her.

“I wish those two would just admit their feelings. It would save so much drama…” She sighs with a wistful smile before sucking on her straw.

“What do you mean admit their feelings?” I ask, taking the next proffered drink.

Mmmm! Perfect. Thank you, Hisao!” Iwanako grinned at my boyfriend and he blushes. “Didn’t Shin tell you?”

I look at Hisao, who shrugs, and we both shake our heads at Iwanako. We begin walking as she goes into further detail.

“Shin likes Mai! He always has! Why do you think he argues with her so much?” She laughs and I look at her incredulously. Is this her being ditzy again?

“You know how little boys pull girls’ pigtails because they like them? It’s the same with those two! Conflict and winding each other up is one of the major things they have in common.”

“That’s… one explanation for it, I suppose.” I offer cautiously.

“Mai and Shin?” Hisao furrows his brow in confusion. “Why didn’t I pick up on that?” Iwanako giggles at his confusion, drawing our attention again.

“Oh, Hisao… You’re absolutely clueless when it comes to this stuff.” She blushes while looking down. “You didn’t know I liked you until I confessed.”

“I, uh, I guess that’s true…” He mutters, visibly flustered.

“So Mai and Shin, huh?” I loudly proclaim. Okay, feeling a little bit jealous now…

“Stranger things have happened.” Iwanako comments, giving me a coy smile. Is she doing this on purpose now? Have I misjudged her?

“Thank you for today, Hisao. It was great to see you again.” She says, stopping at an intersection that I vaguely recognise. If we keep walking straight, we’ll be heading back to Hisao’s house but she splits off to the left. “I guess I’ll see you around?”

“We’ll be here for a few more days so yeah, I’m sure you will.” He responds with a warm smile.

“And thanks for coming after me, Rika. It was nice getting to know you.” She says to me.

“No problem.” I smile and nod in her direction before she spins on her heels and walks away from us, sipping on her drink. We watch her for around thirty seconds before moving on.

We hold hands all the way back to the Nakai household. When we get back, we collapse onto the sofa in each other’s arms. It’s not even 3pm and I feel like we’re both ready for bed.

“I feel like I could sleep forever…” Hisao mutters, squeezing me as tight as his tired arms will allow. I’m happy to do the same, nuzzling into his chest.

“Welcome to my world.” I chuckle quietly. The room is silent barring our tired breathing, both content with some quiet after an exciting day. After everything that happened, after all the things that could have gone wrong didn’t… I’m just so happy to be in Hisao’s arms.

~~~~~~~~

Previous Level <---> Next Level
Last edited by Sharp-O on Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dash9

Re: Flutter - Level Eighteen: Crossed Up [6/7/16]

Post by Dash9 »

hand on his friend’s shoulder to reassure you.
reassure her
feel likeI ran
feel like I...
y-your not in a sports club?
y-you're
“What’s Albania like?”
Oh my god, Hisao, you dodged a bullet with this one…
I laughed, out loud. A lot. Now I'm embarrassed even though I'm in my own house all alone, dammit Sharp.
After everything that happened, after all the things that could have gone wrong didn’t… I’m just so happy to be in Hisao’s arms.
perfect ending to the chapter! I gotta admit, I was almost expecting something along the lines of
'...Suddenly the door crashes shut startling us awake. An angry Hisao's Mom standi- thumpthumpthump TUNE IN NEXT TIME TROLOLOLO' (sidenote, I actually had to stop myself from writing a 2+ paragraph description of my joke, I think this fanfic writing thing is infectious. I must go quarantine myself in a room with no internet access and tons of snacks, at least until you release the next chapter)

On an unreleated note, do you happen to remember where you got the Iwanako sprite? It fits in REALLY well.

Anyways, thanks for such a quick update, looking forward to next time.
--Dash

P.S. I'm a bit short on time tonight, so I probably didn't proofread as much as I should. Sorry if I missed a typo or whatever, either in your fic or my own post. >_<
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Argh, my spelling and grammar is going to shit, especially when I'm on my pain meds. Woof. Remember when I made no spelling errors? :lol:
Dash9 wrote:I laughed, out loud. A lot. Now I'm embarrassed even though I'm in my own house all alone, dammit Sharp.
I got a good chuckle out of it when I imagined the scene and the look of surprise/confusion/bafflement on Rika's face.
Dash9 wrote:On an unreleated note, do you happen to remember where you got the Iwanako sprite? It fits in REALLY well.
That sprite is one of the alt costumes for Ena Makinosawa from the VN Berry's, but with darkened hair and a change in eye colour. It's got some very nice assets (get your mind out of the gutter!) that were drawn by Takashi Hashimoto, who did the art for the infamous Yosuga No Sora.

Glad you enjoyed the chapter, Dash and thanks for pointing out the errors :D
Dash9

Post by Dash9 »

Argh, my spelling and grammar is going to shit, especially when I'm on my pain meds. Woof. Remember when I made no spelling errors?
It happens to the best of us, painkillers or not. I wouldn't worry, catching typos is one of the benefits of posting your story here, right? Besides, I noticed that it only works if I copy/paste the errors I find as I'm reading. Otherwise, when I go back to find the errors I noticed, I read the story as intended, with my brain auto-correcting the chapter as I'm reading anyway.
That sprite is one of the alt costumes for Ena Makinosawa from the VN Berry's, but with darkened hair and a change in eye colour. It's got some very nice assets (get your mind out of the gutter!) that were drawn by Takashi Hashimoto, who did the art for the infamous Yosuga No Sora.
Unfortunately, as a dumb american without any ability to comprehend any languages other than English, enjoying either of those is out of my reach. I can't really justify the effort / expense to learn Japanese purely to enjoy more forms of entertainment either. *sigh* On a side-note, I'm not sure whether to be proud or disappointed my mind WASN'T in the gutter at your mention of nice assets. I must be getting old.

On a more related subject, will we ever get more details about what Hisao and Iwanako talked about on their rather long walk? Or was it just the basic 'I don't blame you' with enough time thrown in to allow the conversation between Rika and Shin? Normally I don't ask for anything that could potentially be a minor spoiler, but I guess I don't wanna wait for something that's not going to be included in the future either. Normally I can make an educated guess, but this time I'm unsure.
Glad you enjoyed the chapter, Dash and thanks for pointing out the errors
Happy to be of service. I figure I may as well be useful since I'm enjoying a fic that's actively in development for once. Besides, it's a really enjoyable story, it'd be a shame for it to be held back from being the best it can be by a few typos. Not sure how I ended up being the one pointing out the errors though, English was never a very strong subject for me in school.