KS CYOA threads

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Juno

Re: KS threads on 4chan

Post by Juno »

Storyteller wrote:Please note this post as my own, in my folly I forgot to sign in.
Personal life first, take care of your friend. We just hope to find yourself better whenever you come back.
Oh the Write

Post by Oh the Write »

Guest wrote:A close friend of mine has recently attempted to suicide.

I might say a witty quip and be on my way but the event has been very personally affecting. Uncertain of my scheduling for the next few days I can only find it unlikely that anyone should be properly expectant of a thread until Tuesday, but even that is not a given.

An odd bit of statistics, combined, women have a higher number of attempted suicides than men, men have more actual suicides.
Nobody in their right mind would ask you to keep writing stuff for the masses under a situation like yours, so my best suggestion is that you shouldn't even think of it until things go better. I've been through it and as long as you're near your friend to cheer him or her up, you'll both be fine and you're going to have your everyday life back on track.
Last edited by Blue123 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Offensive usernames are not permitted.
Umaguma

Post by Umaguma »

Oh the Write wrote:
Guest wrote:A close friend of mine has recently attempted to suicide.

I might say a witty quip and be on my way but the event has been very personally affecting. Uncertain of my scheduling for the next few days I can only find it unlikely that anyone should be properly expectant of a thread until Tuesday, but even that is not a given.

An odd bit of statistics, combined, women have a higher number of attempted suicides than men, men have more actual suicides.
Nobody in their right mind would ask you to keep writing stuff for the masses under a situation like yours, so my best suggestion is that you shouldn't even think of it until things go better. I've been through it and as long as you're near your friend to cheer him or her up, you'll both be fine and you're going to have your everyday life back on track.

Agreed, ST. You should focus on your friend rather then everyone else on /a/ at this moment. They can wait, but your friend needs you at this moment. Best of luck.
Seroanth

Post by Seroanth »

What the 3/4 posters before me said.
Malus_Phasmatis

Post by Malus_Phasmatis »

Last edited by Malus_Phasmatis on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Time and place are nothing. Constructs of a feeble mortal mind attempting to categorize and understand the world around it."

Post by Guest »

In my opinion, the ending to that was handled very poorly.

I know we're not supposed to disparage the writefags here, but I feel that this was sufficiently stupid to warrant a reply saying so.
SivakAurak

Post by SivakAurak »

Guest wrote:
In my opinion, the ending to that was handled very poorly.

I know we're not supposed to disparage the writefags here, but I feel that this was sufficiently stupid to warrant a reply saying so.

We can't always expect writefags to be on top of their game EVERY TIME, ALL THE TIME. Even more true when he has to write and post a piece quickly.

Besides he's allowing a reload, 's cool.
^^^A very bad man^^^
Malus_Phasmatis

Post by Malus_Phasmatis »

Guest wrote:In my opinion, the ending to that was handled very poorly.

I didn't really have a problem with it, but looking back it seems quite a few people are upset about it. I may have missed something, as I was preoccupied at the time; I'll have to go back and read it again.
I'm a little disappointed that I didn't notice this thread until it was already finished.
"Time and place are nothing. Constructs of a feeble mortal mind attempting to categorize and understand the world around it."
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Well, Bromont's thread was okay. A little boring in spots, but oh well. It was funny how you cockblocked all those people who had started fapping.

And Uma, thumbs up for advancing Shizune's route... but thumbs down for execution. Really, /a/ didn't make any wrong choices this time. Misha becoming insane out of nowhere was illogical. If anything, you'd think that she'd be happy for Hisao. I suppose it was an interesting idea to write about. Oh well, we'll see what happens on the reload.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.

Post by Guest »

Whatever you guys want to do is cool with me, but I wonder how many writefags actually intend to write real ero-content? Don't get me wrong, I can play a whole VN without really caring about the sex scenes, it is a motivating factor of sorts though.
Umaguma

Post by Umaguma »

Sorry if the last thread wasn't as enjoyable as the others before. The next one will, I hope, more than make up for it.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Thanks guys for taking over while i was away.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Bara

Post by Bara »

Cool, thanks Snicket.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?