Could you?...In real life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: Could you?...In real life?

Post by brythain »

Eurobeatjester wrote:
brythain wrote:
Oddball wrote:Another part everybody leaves out when they say they wouldn't mess up like Hisao did, is that they wouldn't necessarily successes where Hisao did either. Messing up and being socially awkward are one of the reasons (at least some of) the girls are interested in him in the first place.
Another take on it is the empirical evidence we have that some of us can't imagine why on earth Hisao is interested at all in some girls.
Hormones
The prescription meds he's got, or his own natural ones? :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
HereticNine

Post by HereticNine »

brythain wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote: Hormones
The prescription meds he's got, or his own natural ones? :D
Yes.
flag_hippo

Post by flag_hippo »

Essentially Hisao is a randy little bugger who takes an interest in whatever girl seems to be semi interested in him. Being 18 doesn't help and those meds probably make it even worse.
I remember when I was that age, I took an interest in any girl that didn't look at me with utter contempt. Then again, I was also a total idiot and I've had a few Hisao moment in my younger years. Looking back, I'd love to give myself a good slap.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Hmmmm.

The first time I played KS, the very first time I played it I made all the choices as I would if it was really me there instead of Hisao. Incidentally, I got Emi's bad route going about it that way. So if that tells you anything....

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
danfs

Post by danfs »

ArazelEternal wrote:Hmmmm.

The first time I played KS, the very first time I played it I made all the choices as I would if it was really me there instead of Hisao. Incidentally, I got Emi's bad route going about it that way. So if that tells you anything....
I did the same, but guess what?
Kenji Ending and a month not playing the game again cause of the hate :(
"Life is not nice, it's limited. An imperfect blink of an eye on the infinite immensity of the universe"
erundil
Location: at my desk, right in front of the monitor (may not be applicable when offline)

Post by erundil »

Did the same. That's the way I roll - first playthrough is all about roleplaying as myself. First thing I knew was that you can actually freakin' *die* in Katawa Shoujo, so my first priority was to avoid that.
Guess what? Excersise with Emi. Then I figured, that I got a few heart attacks by now and I'm still fine, so I might as well impress her...
Ended up on Emi's path, which I would most definitely screw up.

But now that I think about it, I'd probably end up on Lilly's or Shizune's path if it was *real* life. And a good thing too, because i'm 99% sure I wouldn't lie to Lilly and get the good ending.
On Shizune's route it's even easier to get a good ending. I wouldn't have an issue about discussing my heart condition, like Hisao did. I'm not just speculating, I have no qualms speaking about my health problems, even the serious ones.
Actually it might be pretty satisfying life.
Shizune: I've always liked learning languages and can speak 5 right now, so sign language would really be a breaze. I'm a lazy ass, so a motivator like Deaf-tan would really push me in the right direction.
Lilly: a motherly girlfriend would really do me good too. It would be pretty fun to look over Hanako with her. Not to mention that reserved, well-mannered girls really are my thing, especially if they can go wild when there's just the 2 of us.
THEMADECK

Post by THEMADECK »

KS was the first VN I ever played so I treated it as such thinking what would I do aaaand got Hanako's good ending
Dat Soundtrack
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

THEMADECK wrote:KS was the first VN I ever played so I treated it as such thinking what would I do aaaand got Hanako's good ending
It's a sign.
My name may be "Gravy", but that doesn't mean I like gravy.
I have Narcolepsy.

Favorites in order: Rin, Suzu, Emi, Lilly, Hanako,Mishaha!, Shizune
Linkarena

Post by Linkarena »

erundil wrote:Deaf-tan
That's brilliant :lol: also makes sense she'd have -tan /s
I can't really choose a favourite. Probably Hanako. But then who's second?! Rin? Shizune? Lilly? Emi? I can't. I just can't.
Also, little fact: I cry REALLY easily when it comes to entertainment. KS? Got me a few times. Most anime with even a slight amount of sadness? The tears will flooooow.
Emi Ibarazaki

Post by Emi Ibarazaki »

If I were in Hisao's shoes, I would've likely gotten the manly picnic route and died, due to my complete lack of a spine and inability to put myself out there.
layarion

Post by layarion »

Hisao has a bit of luck though, that i don't think most people have.

the route you end up on, he just happens to be lucky enough for them to fall in love with him. his character never really initiates the dates, him and the girl in question just sorta agree on it.

iono in real life you usually gotta do more than just be there. sure, it can and has happened...but if your counting on things just working themselves out the girl doesn't notice you in that way.(im talking about getting the first date, not talking about the problems he had to work through after the date)
danfs

Post by danfs »

Emi Ibarazaki wrote:If I were in Hisao's shoes, I would've likely gotten the manly picnic route and died, due to my complete lack of a spine and inability to put myself out there.
I think I can say for certain that this would happen to me, since I got this route the first time I played the game, knowing nothing about the possible routes
"Life is not nice, it's limited. An imperfect blink of an eye on the infinite immensity of the universe"
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Emi Ibarazaki wrote:If I were in Hisao's shoes, I would've likely gotten the manly picnic route and died, due to my complete lack of a spine and inability to put myself out there.
This is a little ironic considering the character you've chosen as a username.

As an aside, I'd have gotten something similar, but I don't drink so I would have just sort of wandered away from the roof, leaving Kenji up to his wacky roof shenanigans and ending up somewhere in the dorm. For extra irony, let's say I would have ended up playing a romance visual novel to fill the void that night.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

SpunkySix wrote: For extra irony, let's say I would have ended up playing a romance visual novel to fill the void that night.

We found ourselves the truest voice of them all :lol:
Broken Yet Whole

Post by Broken Yet Whole »

In all honesty, I would just watch from afar, and constantly hate myself at my inability to willingly meet others and be a "social butterfly". Instead of being Hisao in any way, shape, or form, I'd end up pulling a Hanako and hiding constantly, or otherwise avoiding and ignoring others.

The perks of being a Wallflower.

There are none.