what are the girls going to do after high school?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ubergeneral

what are the girls going to do after high school?

Post by ubergeneral »

Funny thing. After high school you go out into the work force and get a job.

Not a problem for a normal person but the KS girls aren't normal people. What do you see our heroines doing? Do you think they will go to college? What will they major in? What job or career will they have?
Ozymil

Re: what are the girls going to do after high school?

Post by Ozymil »

You should probably check the Katawa Haha thread in the Oekaki subforum; it's a fan "project" built around this concept but takes it one step further in life http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1903 :wink:

In my opinion, they all drop out and never finish college; Hisao becomes their crip-pimp.
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

My impression:

Shizune: A poli-sci major or attorney. You know it.

Misha: Nursing. The cure is worse than th disease.

Lilly: English teachan.

Hanako: Literature major - perhaps toward writing stories, something that she can do professionally and not have to interact with many people. Or then... she could run a blog and take people completely out of the equation.

Emi: Short-term athletic career, long-term become a promoter for disabled causes, get a degree in marketing or something like it.

Rin: Master of Culinary Arts... SHE'S GOING TO FUCKING PAINT!!!

And just cause they're in the game:

Kenji: Salary man. Where he works doesn't matter. He could work for a tampon company.... it'll turn manly.

Hisao: Salary man too. He just doesn't seem ambitious toward anything, and can't lead a life of excitement.
Imagine me and you...
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

my point was more about how they will get jobs. Being disabled makes entering the work force harder and there is a certain struggle involved with finding work that is appropriate as well as getting the accommodations they need. Last it's having a boss that can accept and understand their disability. It's harder than it sounds.
laharl

Post by laharl »

ubergeneral wrote:my point was more about how they will get jobs. Being disabled makes entering the work force harder and there is a certain struggle involved with finding work that is appropriate as well as getting the accommodations they need. Last it's having a boss that can accept and understand their disability. It's harder than it sounds.

They go to America and plead for Equal rights to work! Of course Rin can be an armless waitress!

Sarcasm aside, umm... If they get a job it will most likely play to their strengths... Sooo, Rin will be a painter, Hanako won't be in the service industry, and Lilly will be doing something that eyesight isn't paramount.
I tried writing something funny or DEEP here. But i couldn't think of anything.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

Shizune will take over the world, of course!
<Anon?>XD

Post by <Anon?>XD »

<n?>XD
HeMeido wrote:Shizune will take over the world, of course!
...hahahahaha...lol...on that..
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Like all disableds, they will struggle to make a living in the real world, eventually finding themselves in anonymous poverty as they live on the streets, begging for change from sympathetic passersby during the day, and turning tricks for STD-ridden /b/tards during the night.

Or they'll just mooch off free money from the government and live a hell of a better life than any of us could hope for, even including their "disability." Then they'll gloat about it on the Internet.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

I find it kind of funny how everything thinks Rin can/will make it as a professional artist.

Not everyone who's into an art or craft is able to or desires to do it for a living.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Shizune: I can definitely see her going very far in business, law, or politics. She's already ruthless, cunning, competitive, and intelligent. She has the tools already at her disposal.

Misha: Shizune's personal aide. If not that, she could be any manner of things because I don't know what her disability is.

Hanako: Physically, she is capable of doing anything. It's just the mental that may be the key here. I could see her being successful in business if her personality were improved. If she were still nervous and all that, hmm, there aren't many jobs that let you avoid human interaction. Perhaps she could work from her home using the internet? I'm afraid that she'll become a reclusive hermit if someone doesn't break her out of her shell.

Emi: I'm not sure what she'd do. Her attitude is pretty good though, so I'm sure she'd do well. She also works well with others.

With Lilly and Rin, they are the most affected by their disabilities.

Lilly: I'm not sure what type of work blind people do.

Rin: She is most held back as almost all forms of work require arms. She is already good at art, so she may have to go with that.

Hisao: He'd be a salaryman.

Kenji: He'll turn out to be a drunkard, living in his parent's basement, spouting off conspiracy theorys.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

ubergeneral wrote:my point was more about how they will get jobs. Being disabled makes entering the work force harder and there is a certain struggle involved with finding work that is appropriate as well as getting the accommodations they need. Last it's having a boss that can accept and understand their disability. It's harder than it sounds.

There are various organisations and associations that help disabled people to get a job. Of course, this a Western approach I am speaking of and I have no clue how the Japanese handle these problems.

But as an example: My country has laws and regulations that compel firms with a certain amount of manpower to hire a specified percentage of disabled people for their workforce. Companies failing to meet this are fined.
However, sadly it is not uncommon for the disabled people (unless they are as physically functional as Hanako) to be amongst themselves, to do menial tasks or to be in some dusty and unimportant part of administration in my country.

As for the girls specificially:

I can imagine Shizune to be a human rights watcher - especially guarding and enhancing the rights of disabled people. Naturally, she would be a representative and spokesperson rather than being full-time in the management part. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it!

Lilly's motherlike qualities would make her a fine teacher but I do not know if a blind person is allowed to teach because her disability hinders the teacher's duty to monitor the pupils.
Of course, she could be an instructor for other blind people.

Misha, assuming she would not follow Shizune, would be a hairstylist - excessive talking with her loud voice, doing freaky things to harmless hair and literally messing with other people's heads - count her in!

I could see Emi testing equipment for the disabled in the future.

Now Hanako is a bit hard to find a job for that does not require her to be in contact with too many people. But we do not know if and how much of her reclusiveness will have gone after the events of Katawa Shoujo and so I thought of her making money by being an editor or translator for books because you can do it at home.
Fronzel wrote:I find it kind of funny how everything thinks Rin can/will make it as a professional artist.

Not everyone who's into an art or craft is able to or desires to do it for a living.
I admit it is hard to imagine Rin being anything else than an artist but you have to recognize that we do not have that much information on her. Or as someone already said it in this forum:
We can only sit on the ground playing in our feces while the devs possess all the answers.
Also remember that speculating about stuff is fun!

Hisao's future summed up in two words: Lucky Bastard! :wink:
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Vertical wrote:My impression:Shizune: A poli-sci major or attorney. You know it.
Upon reading this I immediately visualized Shizune as a female Phoenix Wright, pointing her finger at the prosecutor with Misha in the background shouting OBJECTION! WAHAHAHA~!
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Juno wrote:
Vertical wrote:My impression:Shizune: A poli-sci major or attorney. You know it.
Upon reading this I immediately visualized Shizune as a female Phoenix Wright, pointing her finger at the prosecutor with Misha in the background shouting OBJECTION! WAHAHAHA~!
You meant this?

Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Climatic
Bringing sexy back.

Post by Climatic »

Rin will die at age 29 due to a heroin overdose.
Everybody else will become an emotionally dead housewife with an emotionally dead salaryman husband.
<duanemoody> you're ruining the illusion of craftsmanship we see in every commercial for some product
<duanemoody> like cheese
<duanemoody> it has to be a bearded intense man in a leather smock hyperfocusing on sculpting some pointless detail
<duanemoody> badly lit for maximum contrast
<duanemoody> LIKE THIS, visual novels are made
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Climatic wrote:Rin will die at age 29 due to a heroin overdose.
I think Rin would be more the cocaine type, if you catch my drift.