Kagami Pseudo-Route [Updated 7/6]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

HoneyBakedHam

Re: Kagami Pseudo-Route [Updated 7/6]

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Also: If she wanted to forget about it, that's fine (seriously stupid because it's a big deal, but whatevs), but Hisao shouldn't be the one to decide what she gets to remember or not. You bring up how it could possibly be like the Rin ending if he does tell her, but what you're forgetting is that trying to protect her by deciding for her also leads to an ending like Hanako's bad ending (and we all know how touchy-feely that got).

Either way, this would lead to a bad ending no matter what he does, this much is true. However, if he truely cares about her, he'd let her know and hope that she stays.

God, I love these kinds of stories. :twisted:
Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Post by Blank Mage »

HoneyBakedHam wrote:Either way, this would lead to a bad ending no matter what he does, this much is true. However, if he truly cares about her, he'd let her know and hope that she stays.
I agree, and being honest might show Kagami how much he genuinely cares for her well-being. It's absolutely worth telling her at least once, in the hopes that she really did just forget accidentally. It might be out of his hands, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't do his best to keep her informed. He's being cowardly here for sure. I just dislike that Hisao is being painted as the solitary factor in this mess, as though Kagami is some faultless maiden brought to ruin by his thoughtless actions. They're both being stupid. We only know the depth of Hisao's actions, because of the PoV.
HoneyBakedHam wrote:God, I love these kinds of stories. :twisted:
I think the quality of any work can be judged by the amount of discussion it generates.
And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Oh, I was referring to the fact that doing the right thing or wrong thing could possibly give a bad ending either way when I said I like these kinds of stories. Makes you hope that doing the right thing is the right way to do it, not "this obviously leads to the good ending" type of decision.

As for where the blame goes, Kagami has some blame (keyword: some). Overall, however, seeing as how Hisao has no memory issues and is there, taking mentally notes of everything going on, he's trying to decide what's worth remembering or finding out for her. Is she a maiden? Not at all, but she will be brought to ruin if he continues down this path, figuratively and/or literally. That's why I hope for consequences.
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Blank Mage wrote: I agree, and being honest might show Kagami how much he genuinely cares for her well-being. It's absolutely worth telling her at least once, in the hopes that she really did just forget accidentally. It might be out of his hands, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't do his best to keep her informed. He's being cowardly here for sure. I just dislike that Hisao is being painted as the solitary factor in this mess, as though Kagami is some faultless maiden brought to ruin by his thoughtless actions. They're both being stupid. We only know the depth of Hisao's actions, because of the PoV.
I don't disagree. Hell, if memory serves, prior to these last couple of chapters it was Kagami who was making the bulk of the stupid decisions in the story. Hisao's in focus right now because of the severity of his most recent actions, but I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of all this they decide they were both being stupid and call things even.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

I can tell that this isn't going to go well for Hisao.

Looking forward to the next part.
One Shots - My stories thread.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

"Nothing important that I remember,” I lie, wincing as the words escape my lips
Oh, for Christ's sake, Hisao! :x
'Scuse me a minute. *warps into the fanfic*
Nothing important that I remember,” I lie, wincing as - *blam*
Kagami: What the fuck?!
Alpacalypse: Trust me, he'll be better off.
*warps out* There we go, situation resolved! not really, but I feel better at least :wink:

Anyway, damn is this story getting dark. I can seriously see this whole thing going completely down the shitter and I really don't see how it'll be resolved favourably (although it probably will - maybe).

Fantastic writing yet again, forgetmenot!
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Thylwyth

Post by Thylwyth »

I prefer reading fanfics in pdf, so after some work I made a pdf it can be found here(yes i know there already is an ebook but it doesnt contain the latest ones): It contains the latest part, if you want forgetmenot I can send you the source file so you can add the next one(if I somehow forget to do it), but you might be able to do so with this file.
Anyway, can't wait to read it :)
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

Hisao really should have brought a shovel for the hole he's digging. Kagami forgot hers.
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

HoneyBakedHam wrote:Also: If she wanted to forget about it, that's fine (seriously stupid because it's a big deal, but whatevs), but Hisao shouldn't be the one to decide what she gets to remember or not. You bring up how it could possibly be like the Rin ending if he does tell her, but what you're forgetting is that trying to protect her by deciding for her also leads to an ending like Hanako's bad ending (and we all know how touchy-feely that got).

Either way, this would lead to a bad ending no matter what he does, this much is true. However, if he truely cares about her, he'd let her know and hope that she stays.

However, given her inability to remember events, I'm not sure it's vital that he tell her today. Waiting until after an important event that may have required her to be in top form has some logic behind it, and once he's done this he can't very well contradict himself while she can still remember what he said earlier. Tomorrow is another matter. Whether he actually takes this approach remains to be seen, but I had assumed that was his thought process at least.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

NekoDude wrote:
HoneyBakedHam wrote:Also: If she wanted to forget about it, that's fine (seriously stupid because it's a big deal, but whatevs), but Hisao shouldn't be the one to decide what she gets to remember or not. You bring up how it could possibly be like the Rin ending if he does tell her, but what you're forgetting is that trying to protect her by deciding for her also leads to an ending like Hanako's bad ending (and we all know how touchy-feely that got).

However, given her inability to remember events, I'm not sure it's vital that he tell her today. Waiting until after an important event that may have required her to be in top form has some logic behind it, and once he's done this he can't very well contradict himself while she can still remember what he said earlier. Tomorrow is another matter. Whether he actually takes this approach remains to be seen, but I had assumed that was his thought process at least.
...Nah, I totally see him fucking everything up. :lol:
freddy753

Post by freddy753 »

This is probably my favorite piece on the forums after the Akira pseudo-route. Hisao is a complete and utter idiot here, and I love it. You've left me wondering how he's going to pull himself out of this predicament without completely fucking himself over.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I can't really fault a guy for not telling the truth to somebody that doesn't want to hear it. That wasn't any small detail like trying a new food or telling the same old bad jokes, she should have recorded that in her journal right away. The fact that she didn't tells me that she didn't want to remember it.

So why did she tell Hisao? Because she knew it THEN. At that moment, it was still in her head and she needed some kind or release. The questions is, how self aware is she?

Did she just tell Hisao because she needed to talk to somebody, or did she know that she'd “forget” to record it, so she told somebody that would remind her. In which case she's trying to sabotage her own sabotage.
Not Dead Yet
PurpleCow

Post by PurpleCow »

I remember reading and enjoying this way back, but was unable to finish.
'I am glad that I found it again.
Dash9

Post by Dash9 »

Thanks, all. It's been fun so far, but it has only been a month and change. I will more than likely get myself strangled at some point before the year mark.
I'm sincerely hoping that this hasn't happened. I read through your story a while ago, and am looking forward to how it continues.

Thank you for the time and effort you've taken to share this with us so far,
--Dash
Zerebos

Post by Zerebos »

I absolutely love this fic so far, and I've really taken a liking to Kagami way more than other OC characters. I gotta say it looks like Hisao screwed himself over with both Emi and Kagami, I wonder how he'll get past it.