Dancing: A Miki pseudo-route (Update 7/30/17)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

acquireTigris

Re: Dancing: A Miki pseudo-route (updated 7/28)

Post by acquireTigris »

LONINFINITY wrote:Already finished the new chapter. Glad to see you're still going strong with it!
Compared to me doing one chapter a day when I first started, "going strong" is a bit of a stretch. I wish I could be as productive as I was back then.
Dancing: My Miki Pseudo-route

acquireTigris, gotTiger, Tiger.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I still enjoy your story and your Miki - though this chapter had little Miki in it...

The biggest problem continues to be grammar, especially tenses which in this chapter sometimes switch two times in a single sentence.
With your current update schedule being not too fast-paced I think you could utilize a proofreader or two.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I still enjoy your story and your Miki - though this chapter had little Miki in it...
I apologize for the current and future lack of Miki. I'm still in the process of spinning a web of intrigue. We need plot development in the future, not pure fluff!
Mirage_GSM wrote:The biggest problem continues to be grammar, especially tenses which in this chapter sometimes switch two times in a single sentence.
With your current update schedule being not too fast-paced I think you could utilize a proofreader or two.
I do have a proofreader, but it seems that all the editing he does is summed up to "You have some mistakes, but I'll let you find them yourself ;P"

I'm looking at you, The Tsundere Tamer.

I kid. You've been doing a good job at giving me plot points.

As for the grammar mistakes, you might be referring to the parts when Hisao is talking about something that happened in his immediate past? Or did I actually skip a bunch of text and write it in past tense instead of present? I'm not really sure anymore.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

As for the grammar mistakes, you might be referring to the parts when Hisao is talking about something that happened in his immediate past? Or did I actually skip a bunch of text and write it in past tense instead of present? I'm not really sure anymore.
That part is okay, but he seems to have a little problem getting back to and settling properly into the present after that as well :-)

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Yukarin

Post by Yukarin »

As someone who's very fond of Suzu, I die a little inside everytime I see Suzu break her heart here.

Loving the route so far. Your Miki is excellent, and I hope to see more.
Remuz

Post by Remuz »

Loving it. I died a little during the suzu scene, but other than that, great job.

Looking forward to learning who slammed the door :o
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Remuz wrote:Loving it. I died a little during the suzu scene, but other than that, great job.

Looking forward to learning who slammed the door :o
It was the Nurse. That was his test to see how Hisao would react to it.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

You think he wanted to see if slamming the door would give him a heart attack?
Risky move if you ask me ^^°

Sore wa himitsu desu.
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Not as risky as going all Australia. ;)
acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

It seems that Dancing's been a year old for a few days now. Hooray!

Sadly, I was supposed to post a new chapter during the anniversary, but it's evident that I don't have one yet. But rest assured I'm most definitely working on one.

As for who slammed the door, I'm sure we'll know their identity quite soon. :wink:

Gajzla

Post by Gajzla »

acquireTigris wrote:It seems that Dancing's been a year old for a few days now. Hooray!
Congrats! Unfortunately it's been my experience with fan-fiction that a lot of people don't stick it out even half as long, so when someone makes it to a year a hooray is definitely in order. :D
acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

Gajzla wrote:Congrats! Unfortunately it's been my experience with fan-fiction that a lot of people don't stick it out even half as long, so when someone makes it to a year a hooray is definitely in order. :D
Thanks, fellow Miki writer! To be completely honest, I feel overwhelmed and excited for this entire fanfic because I've done so much but I'm still only half-way done. I kind of wish that I still had my steam way back when I first started this project; I can hardly believe I could write one chapter a day for a week.

acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

Bad news, guys. I'll be going on a hiatus for a while because I got a new job writing for a VN.

Good news, guys. I've got a job writing for a VN.

From now on I'll be under the Zap-Apple team doing Starswirl Academy. Check out my reddit post for more details.

strange desire

Post by strange desire »

Congratulations! :D I hope everything goes well for you and the Zap-Apple team. Patience comes with the territory, so a hiatus isn't something unexpected. Best of luck to you.
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

acquireTigris wrote:Compared to me doing one chapter a day when I first started, "going strong" is a bit of a stretch. I wish I could be as productive as I was back then.
Unless this is what you do for a living, and you've done it before, and you have a steady supply of cocaine — that's just not happening. Philip K. Dick (+ cocaine) could do it. Stephen King (+ cocaine) did it, churning out four popular books in a short span of time, and he's not known for being brief. Of course, neither of them could actually remember what they had written just a few months later, and it took a pretty heavy toll on their health and their relationships.

At the beginning of a story, you have a huge well of ideas to draw from, and an infinite number of directions you could go. The more you write, the more of those ideas directly conflict with what you're already doing and have to be discarded. Also, you spend increasing amounts of time worrying about continuity, and possibly keeping multiple plot lines updated. What have you set up? What have you resolved? Where is the rest going? Are you leaving anything hanging? Could you bring some apparently divergent threads back together again? What's your big target? Trying to juggle all of this in your head is inevitably going to slow you down. (Keeping charts and notes is not a bad idea, but still doesn't totally solve the problem.)

I guess I'm saying, don't feel bad about sprinting out of the gate and finding yourself unable to sustain that pace. This is normal.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!