Mike Inel's 'Missing Halloween' 30 Oct 2015

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Mike Inel's 'Missing Halloween' 30 Oct 2015

Post by brythain »

Truly moving story about a girl with a very serious handicap and how a guy with a minor handicap helps her out.

[LINK]
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Kakureboshi

Re: Mike Inel's 'Missing Halloween' 30 Oct 2015

Post by Kakureboshi »

I just love how you described it.

Mike Inel showing off how awesome he is again. I really liked this one. Very interesting plot progression and themes. Hits the feels hard, man. Not much else I can say without ruining it, so I'll wait for more peeps to watch it before saying anything else.

Fun fact: this has been in development for 2 years.
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Check out the girl the kids trick or treat at 3:29. That's totally Mike's rendition of Misha.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

That hurt to watch. In the best way possible. :cry:

Yet another fantastic piece of animation by Mr. Inel.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
danfs

Post by danfs »

Shockproof Jamo wrote:Check out the girl the kids trick or treat at 3:29. That's totally Mike's rendition of Misha.
The drills totally say that
"Life is not nice, it's limited. An imperfect blink of an eye on the infinite immensity of the universe"
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

brythain wrote:Truly moving story about a girl with a very serious handicap and how a guy with a minor handicap helps her out.
False advertising. Cute though. Halloween Misha is great. And those people are all jerks. :x
Kakureboshi

Post by Kakureboshi »

Charmant wrote:
brythain wrote:Truly moving story about a girl with a very serious handicap and how a guy with a minor handicap helps her out.
False advertising. Cute though. Halloween Misha is great. And those people are all jerks. :x
I don't see how that's false advertisement.

Obvious video spoilers are obvious.
Death is a very serious handicap. By comparison, the boys's mental illness is a minor handicap. And he helps her. It all checks out.

Rather, I'd call it clever phrasing.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Kakureboshi wrote:
Charmant wrote:
I don't see how that's false advertisement.

Obvious video spoilers are obvious.
Death is a very serious handicap. By comparison, the boys's mental illness is a minor handicap. And he helps her. It all checks out.

Rather, I'd call it clever phrasing.
If she's dead, that's just seeing a ghost which is a paranormal ability, not a mental illness. If she's just a hallucination then she's not dead - because she doesn't exist. If she's his hallucination of an actual dead girl, well, she's still dead at the end so he didn't help. So either he's not crazy but she's dead, he is crazy but she's not dead, or he's crazy AND she's dead but he isn't helping her any. :P
brythain

Post by brythain »

Charmant wrote:If she's dead, that's just seeing a ghost which is a paranormal ability, not a mental illness. If she's just a hallucination then she's not dead - because she doesn't exist. If she's his hallucination of an actual dead girl, well, she's still dead at the end so he didn't help. So either he's not crazy but she's dead, he is crazy but she's not dead, or he's crazy AND she's dead but he isn't helping her any. :P
If she's dead, she's severely handicapped = true; if he's seeing things, he's less handicapped = true; if his behaviour helps the family find her body for proper burial, she's helped out (insofar as a dead person can be helped by being buried properly) = true. Hence true within the limitations of not spoiling anything. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Kakureboshi wrote:Death is a very serious handicap. By comparison, the boys's mental illness is a minor handicap. And he helps her. It all checks out.
By comparison, the boys's mental illness is a minor handicap.
the boy's mental illness.
boy
Oh.
That's supposed to be a boy.
Never occured to me...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Sharp-O wrote:The girl clearly has Corporeal Absentia *sly wink*

But yeah, damn, right in the feels. :(
Sounds like a Harry Potter spell.

@Mirage: Could be either, really. :lol:
Linkarena

Post by Linkarena »

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. fucked up fucked up fucked up
I can't really choose a favourite. Probably Hanako. But then who's second?! Rin? Shizune? Lilly? Emi? I can't. I just can't.
Also, little fact: I cry REALLY easily when it comes to entertainment. KS? Got me a few times. Most anime with even a slight amount of sadness? The tears will flooooow.
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

I don't have the capacities to handle feels of this magnitude!
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Staggering Harmony - OC Fanfic