The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Rhodri

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Rhodri »

Molly lost her legs in her early teens after an amusement park accident. Unfortunately, she remained conscious throughout the whole event and thus fully experienced the pain. During her rehabilitation at home with only her father (a lecturer in philosophy at Tohoku University) as company, she started pouring over his collection of Indian philosophy and came across the Charvaka School of thinking on the matters of pleasure and Hedonism in general where a person seeks to maximise net pleasure over pain. After experiencing the pain she suffered in her accident, Molly is rapidly drawn to the concept and starts a life of pleasure and avoiding pain wherever possible.

After her arrival at Yamaku, Molly is quick to see through the act of her classmate Takashi Maeda. Beneath the abrasive personality, short temper and standoffish attitude to his classmates, she sees a person in near constant pain because of his severe case of tinnitus. After a few failed attempts, a friendship between the two is forged as Molly helps him regain his passion for painting (once a great form of pleasure for him) and join the art club. On the occasions that she watches him paint, Molly takes great pleasure in seeing the real Takashi; a gentle soul who finds a lot a beauty in life.

As their friendship grows, Takashi comes to find Molly as his safe harbour in the sea of life, which leads the friendship to become more intimate eg, hugging, cuddling, holding hands, sharing a bed etc as they both take pleasure in it for their own reasons. However, an accidental grope by Takashi one night triggers a new wave of pleasure for the Hedonistic Molly. One thing leads to another and quickly the friendship becomes sexual, something which Molly becomes enthralled in as each new experience bringing in more and more pleasure for her while strictly keeping the relationship as a friends with benefits situation.

This remains the status quo as fair as Molly is concerned, but she remains unaware that Takashi has gradually fallen for her but dares not say anything in fear of losing what he has. This is further complicated in their 3rd year when Hisao transfers in and struggles to integrate with his new surroundings and come to terms with his condition, which makes Molly go through the same process as she did with Takashi. But would it go all the way, how would it affect an increasing jealous Takashi as Hisao gets drawn into a hedonist lifestyle only to fall for Molly as well and what will it lead to?

==================

So yeah, another one of my route concepts. I’ve had this sitting in the back of my head for a while now and the recent appearance of Rtil’s drawing of a Hisao/Miki/Haruhiko threesome started making me thinking how a MMF relationship in KS could work. There have been a bunch of MFF KS stories, so at least it’s different and is a good challenge from a writing aspect. And goddamnit, Takashi needs some loving from the community that Akio and Taro got in Monomyth.

I guess it goes without saying that thanks to various short fics and the shimmie, the Molly/Takashi pairing is quite firm fanon so how would a Molly/Hisao pairing work with poor old Takashi left out? I went for the hedonism aspect after a weird experience that happened to me back in Uni. Long story short, me and another guy doing some heavy clothed fondling on a girl as we watched videos on youtube. When walking home with her afterwards, I started freaking out over it and she explained the basics of hedonism to me and that she enjoyed it to calm me down.

If it were a full story, it would explore Classic Greek (right up Yuuko’s alley) and Indian philosophies on the nature of friendship and the various forms of love and how Molly’s overwhelming desire of maximising her pleasure is only bringing pain to everyone involved. How it would conclude, I’m not sure. Dicks might touch and the guys might be alright with it.
Last edited by Rhodri on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

I really like this idea, Rhodri! I've never been a fan of Maeda (because he's a grumpy looking sod) and never got why he was always paired with Molly but I think I'd enjoy reading that story. Great concept and it would definitely fit in as a possible KS route.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

You know Rhodri, if I was an incredible procrastinator I'd try my hand at writing something like that.
But alas, I'm a terrible procrastinator :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
HereticNine

Post by HereticNine »

Hisao has finally crossed the line on this one.

Started playing Hearthstone with Hanako, we get hooked.
Open my 9 packs of cards I bought
got Ragnaros #RNGesus be praised
Challenge Hanako the next day
Game gets close, Hanako gets board control and I'm screwed
Turn 9, Draw Ragnaros
#ByFireBePurged!!! (http://www.hearthhead.com/card=374/ragn ... e-firelord)
Hear a phone drop
Hanako is in tears and runs out
#IDoneGoof
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Rhodri wrote:Really kick-ass route idea that I would totally take up if I had any semblance of writing talent, dedication and/or knowledge about Indian philosophy
As much as I'd like to nick your ideas once again, Rhodri, I don't see myself getting anywhere with this one. It's just too good for me. :cry:
HereticNine wrote:Hearthstone causes trauma
As much as I'm a horrible bastard for this, pffffffffhahahahaha :lol:
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

HereticNine wrote:Hisao has finally crossed the line on this one.

Started playing Hearthstone with Hanako, we get hooked.
Open my 9 packs of cards I bought
got Ragnaros #RNGesus be praised
Challenge Hanako the next day
Game gets close, Hanako gets board control and I'm screwed
Turn 9, Draw Ragnaros
#ByFireBePurged!!! (http://www.hearthhead.com/card=374/ragn ... e-firelord)
Hear a phone drop
Hanako is in tears and runs out
#IDoneGoof
Every year on her birthday, holed up in the dorm room, Hanako watches that one really fucked up Pokemon episode about the abandoned Charmander that nearly dies.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Shizune has no problem sleeping in the same room with or even changing clothes in front of Misha. She considers Misha's feelings for her already delt with. This can actually make Misha uncomfortable at times, but she tries not to let it show.'

"Nurse" is actually a nickname that goes back to his college days back when he had long hair. He was mistakenly called that when trying to help an injured and half delirious student that had just been injured playing sports. The nickname stuck and even helped him decide what career he wanted to pursue.

Lilly and Shizune has slept in the same bed on several occasions when they were younger. They will both deny this ever happened if it's brought up. Akira does sometimes mention it in teasing to Lilly when they're alone.

Technically, Takashi is the president of the Art Club. He actually performs no real duties and Nomiya runs everything.
He also prefers drawing to painting.

Despite his tough guy attitude, Jigoro is really lousy in a fight.
He also likes buying his clothing a size too small. It makes him look bigger.

Suzu does not actually like having sex. She finds it messy, uncomfortable, and really tiring. She does however like the fantasy of it.
She has tried having sex with another girl before just to see what it was like. She wasn't impressed.
She will not mention any names.
Not Dead Yet
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I flippin' love this thread. It really makes me feel as though Katawa Shoujo has an expanded canon that was never really touched on in the VN, even though it probably doesn't. What people post in this thread really makes for good reading, and especially helps add some additional logs to fuel the fire of Fanwork. Keep it up lads, it's half the reason I stick around ;)
Either way, since beginning my new job at a local University which apparently happens to be one of the best Uni's in the country (boast boast boast), I've had a great insight into how these large, elaborate educational facilities work. I've felt the need to compile a few into how I reckon Yamaku would work.

- Around walkways around the outdoors areas of Yamaku, there are lines of metal studs leading along specific routes. They've been installed to facilitate blind students in moving around the campus, if ever they find themselves alone. There aren't too many, and they've only been placed around some major potential routes.
- Staff at Yamaku consist of Teachers, Admins, Security, Porters and Cleaners. Teachers and Admins generally wear smart clothing of their choice, whereas security and porters wear uniforms - of White or Blue shirts respectively - with cleaners wearing easily washable polo shirts of a garish teal colour. They often complain about this.
- At least four Paramedics are on standby 24/7, all donned in High-Viz clothing.
- The campus itself is open every single day of the year, although with skeleton staff during holiday times. Although this is mainly down to Open Days, parents and potential students scoping out the campus, and occasional research by Universities, it's also partially because a few students have literally no choice but to live the rest of their lives on-site.
- All members of staff are trained in First Aid within their first month of working there, with annual refresher courses. This is mandatory for all staff, regardless of post or frequency of work.
- In almost every student-accessible corridor, there is a large, green button. Pressing this immediately alerts the paramedics of the location and starts a light above the button flashing. Misuse of this button is treated severely.
- Although visitors are allowed to bring them, permanent students are not allowed guide dogs. Too much of a risk factor.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

That actually makes a ton of sense, Munch! Good work.

Fights between students are a rare guilty pleasure for the rest of the student body. There are many betting pools floating around the halls for various fantasy match-ups, just on the off chance they'd happen, though none have earned as big a pot as Shizune vs Lilly. The second being Miki vs Emi and, surprisingly, Naomi vs Natsume.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

- All members of staff are trained in First Aid within their first month of working there, with annual refresher courses. This is mandatory for all staff, regardless of post or frequency of work.
I'd add a basic counseling course as well.
Not Dead Yet
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Rin is distantly related to another artistic Tezuka.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
brythain

Post by brythain »

emmjay wrote:Rin is distantly related to another artistic Tezuka.
That's not only part of my headcanon, but I have Kenji related to this guy
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

I was thinking on this, and now that I've met quite a few people like him, I honestly believe this:

Kenji is gay as the day is long, but suuuuuuuuuuper deep in denial about it.

Obsession with manliness? He-Man Woman-hater?

Yeah, he's gay and in denial about it.

Tangentially related:

Emi is a fujoshi. One of my friends came up with this, and gave no reason for it.
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Steinherz wrote: Emi is a fujoshi. One of my friends came up with this, and gave no reason for it.
I can see it. There's no good reason, but it just works.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

FelOnyx wrote:
Steinherz wrote: Emi is a fujoshi. One of my friends came up with this, and gave no reason for it.
I can see it. There's no good reason, but it just works.
She (the friend, not Emi) actually came up with it in regards to me telling her I started planning a fic that had something along those lines.

But yeah, I know. It just does work, and I have no idea why :lol:
I also draw, kind of.