Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

HereticNine

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by HereticNine »

Kakureboshi wrote:
HereticNine wrote: I know its not from KS, but Rtils video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKg62dlepok, really captures the entire story of Lilly without having to play another 5 hours through. More importantly is the soundtrack from Cowboy Bepop. Now that hits me in the feels.
Fair enough. I loved the Lilly instafeels, too. Also the Misha instafeels introduced me to "Pink Triangle" and now I can't stop listening to it.
I yelled out "YES!" when i heard the intro to Pink Triangle by Weezer. I loved Rtil even more even more (also for Cowboy Bebop ref. in Lillys.)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

SpunkySix wrote:So, two year Emiversary today, just thought I'd stop by and say hi. It's been a while so some people here probably have no idea who I am and to be honest I've been a bad boy and I haven't finished Shizune's route yet, but I've been getting all nostalgic for the VN and the forum so I might just have to get on that soon.
Hey! Welcome back! And somehow, I finished Developments before you finished the game? Did anybody have that outcome in the pool? :wink:
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

SpunkySix wrote:I haven't finished Shizune's route yet
Bad Spunkles. :(
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:So, two year Emiversary today, just thought I'd stop by and say hi. It's been a while so some people here probably have no idea who I am and to be honest I've been a bad boy and I haven't finished Shizune's route yet, but I've been getting all nostalgic for the VN and the forum so I might just have to get on that soon.
Hi Spunky! Welcome back, and... that line sort of jumped out at me. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Thanks for the warm welcome back. I know I've been a little lazy...
I finished Developments before you finished the game
...very lazy, but I'll be getting on it little by little. I'll achieve 100% one day, goddammit.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome back. I know I've been a little lazy...
I finished Developments before you finished the game
...very lazy, but I'll be getting on it little by little. I'll achieve 100% one day, goddammit.
Dont you worry, Spunkles, if it's any consolation I still haven't got Lilly or Emi's bad ends, nor Rin's neutral end :P

On an unrelated note, does anyone here have any experience with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? Either have it or know someone who does?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Today on 'Rhodri posts links from the BBC', Rhodri provides an link to a podcast that is extremely relevant to the interests of the Katawa Shoujo community. Word of warning for non UK resisidents, it might not play. If that is the case, I'll see if I can get my hands on some audio recording software.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-34150346

EDIT

And holy shit, the UK has its own Yamaku

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-33734515
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Rhodri wrote: And holy shit, the UK has its own Yamaku

On the one hand, that's pretty damn awesome, on the other I think the name "National Star" is a bit condescending, like they're children receiving a primary school award. Maybe that's just me though... It also sounds like a red banner newspaper so that's not earning it any favours.

But yes, I'm super glad that this kind of institution exists, regardless of an unfortunate name.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Sharp-O wrote:
Rhodri wrote: And holy shit, the UK has its own Yamaku

On the one hand, that's pretty damn awesome, on the other I think the name "National Star" is a bit condescending, like they're children receiving a primary school award. Maybe that's just me though... It also sounds like a red banner newspaper so that's not earning it any favours.

But yes, I'm super glad that this kind of institution exists, regardless of an unfortunate name.
Eh, I don't think it's any more or less offensive than "Special Olympics" to be honest.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
brythain

Post by brythain »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Eh, I don't think it's any more or less offensive than "Special Olympics" to be honest.
I was actually in Andorra for [these]. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Munchenhausen wrote:...nor Rin's neutral end :P
It hurts so fucking much. :cry:
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

300BillionDegrees wrote:
Only when you're actually looking at it though, and immediately after. Once that feeling wears off, at least in my experience, you feel sort of indifferent about it because it's not really the "true" story anyways.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
HereticNine

Post by HereticNine »

SpunkySix wrote:
300BillionDegrees wrote:
Only when you're actually looking at it though, and immediately after. Once that feeling wears off, at least in my experience, you feel sort of indifferent about it because it's not really the "true" story anyways.
Who's to say which reality is the "true" reality. For all we know, the real one is probably manly picnic ^.^
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Last edited by 300BillionDegrees on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

HereticNine wrote:Who's to say which reality is the "true" reality. For all we know, the real one is probably manly picnic ^.^
The real reality is that you're Kenji.