Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Charmant

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Charmant »

KeiichiO wrote:Sooooooooo~, uhhhhh, does anyone else kinda miss the days where the forums were super active?
They're still active. The activity has just migrated to other sections. Only so much to be said about the extant game but plenty more to be said about the stuff others are adding to it.
That discussion inevitably trickles over here, but most of it stays in the other areas. And you should replay when you finally get that 'having a computer' thing sorted!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Soooo... I was looking for something and stubbled on this.

banner.png
banner.png (319.88 KiB) Viewed 6903 times

As far as I can tell, Hanako doesn't actually appear anywhere on that site other than the banner there, but then again, I didn't exactly do a lengthy search either.
Not Dead Yet
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Oddball wrote:Soooo... I was "looking for something" and stubbled on this.
Mate, you'll save a lot of time just going to LoveHoney.co.uk for whatever you needed ;)
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Oddball wrote:Soooo... I was looking for something and stubbled on this.

As far as I can tell, Hanako doesn't actually appear anywhere on that site other than the banner there, but then again, I didn't exactly do a lengthy search either.
Ah...Hanako, sweetie...I know you never had siblings and all but yikes!
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Charmant wrote:
Oddball wrote:Soooo... I was looking for something and stubbled on this.

Ah...Hanako, sweetie...I know you never had siblings and all but yikes!
But she knows a certain pair of blonde siblings... :mrgreen:
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:But she knows a certain pair of blonde siblings... :mrgreen:
Hanako as a yuri-incest fujoshi… I'd never considered it before now
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Kakureboshi

Post by Kakureboshi »

KeiichiO wrote:Sooooooooo~, uhhhhh, does anyone else kinda miss the days where the forums were super active? I was about a year late to the party, (first played the game and made an account here in February of 2013) but the forums were still pretty bumpin' then. I feel like I've moved on from the game - I still think of the characters relatively often, and I'll look at art from time to time, and Rin is still kinda always there in the wonky province of my mind - but I can't help but check into these forums and hope that there's a discussion I can join in on.

[...]

I dunno. It seems kinda silly, but I just love this story so much. It has taught me stuff about the world, about people, and even about myself, and it's really hard for me to let go. There's also the friends and acquaintances I've made on this forum. Uhhhhg. Goodbyes suck, man.
Funny you should say that. I first played KS 3 years after its release. I was so invested in the novel I devoured everything in the developer's blog, the shimmie and the forums. I realized the forums were slowly dying, heck, it speaks volumes of how inspiring this story was to so many people that the forums stayed alive for years for a game that was for all intents and purposes the very definition of "niche", so it was surprising discussion was so active for so long. But I felt like this was a nice community and would have liked to be involved in it from the very beginning, discussing with others something I loved, and they loved. I made an account just one or two months ago to ask a question, and I sometimes regret not joining sooner, not having played the game sooner, not having found the game sooner, or even not being able to post as often as I'd like. But that's life for you.

On a brighter note, Katawa Shoujo is the kind of experience that stays with you forever, so I expect when I find an active budding community forming around some new crazy project that takes something you would expect to be a hentai plot yet treats its subject matter with class and genuine care, I would make an off-hand reference about KS and someone would say "Hey, I played that VN! It changed my life!" and I, of course, would respond "Mine too."

Sorry for interrupting the discussion on Hanako's preferred schlick material to deliver that cheesy line. I think she's probably into yaoi, though. Don't know why. Just a hunch.
HereticNine

Post by HereticNine »

Kakureboshi wrote:
Funny you should say that. I first played KS 3 years after its release. I was so invested in the novel I devoured everything in the developer's blog, the shimmie and the forums. I realized the forums were slowly dying, heck, it speaks volumes of how inspiring this story was to so many people that the forums stayed alive for years for a game that was for all intents and purposes the very definition of "niche", so it was surprising discussion was so active for so long. But I felt like this was a nice community and would have liked to be involved in it from the very beginning, discussing with others something I loved, and they loved. I made an account just one or two months ago to ask a question, and I sometimes regret not joining sooner, not having played the game sooner, not having found the game sooner, or even not being able to post as often as I'd like. But that's life for you.

On a brighter note, Katawa Shoujo is the kind of experience that stays with you forever, so I expect when I find an active budding community forming around some new crazy project that takes something you would expect to be a hentai plot yet treats its subject matter with class and genuine care, I would make an off-hand reference about KS and someone would say "Hey, I played that VN! It changed my life!" and I, of course, would respond "Mine too."

Sorry for interrupting the discussion on Hanako's preferred schlick material to deliver that cheesy line. I think she's probably into yaoi, though. Don't know why. Just a hunch.
Ahahahahahaahah! I love how you went into a tangent from "this game is a life changing expeirence" to "i think one of the characters is into incest and lesbians".
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

So, two year Emiversary today, just thought I'd stop by and say hi. It's been a while so some people here probably have no idea who I am and to be honest I've been a bad boy and I haven't finished Shizune's route yet, but I've been getting all nostalgic for the VN and the forum so I might just have to get on that soon.

It's weird, after so much time without "seeing" Yamaku, I think that I'm starting to get desensitized to the whole KS thing, but then something like "Standing Tall" pops back into my head and it's like I'm a college freshman curled up into the fetal position on my dorm bed and staring at the credits screen all over again. Not as intense, obviously, but you get the idea.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote:So, two year Emiversary today, just thought I'd stop by and say hi. It's been a while so some people here probably have no idea who I am and to be honest I've been a bad boy and I haven't finished Shizune's route yet, but I've been getting all nostalgic for the VN and the forum so I might just have to get on that soon.

It's weird, after so much time without "seeing" Yamaku, I think that I'm starting to get desensitized to the whole KS thing, but then something like "Standing Tall" pops back into my head and it's like I'm a college freshman curled up into the fetal position on my dorm bed and staring at the credits screen all over again. Not as intense, obviously, but you get the idea.
Spunky!
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:some people here probably have no idea who I am
Missed ya bud
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Kakureboshi

Post by Kakureboshi »

Speaking of Standing Tall, that is one of my favorite tracks.
What are you guys' favorites?

For me:
Air Guitar > Red Velvet > Generic Happy Music > Letting my Heart Speak > Breathlessly > Three Stars > Nocturne > Standing Tall > Stride > Hokabi > Aria de l'etoile > Comfort > Innocence > Lullaby of Open Eyes.

I pretty much like the whole soundtrack.
HereticNine

Post by HereticNine »

Kakureboshi wrote:Speaking of Standing Tall, that is one of my favorite tracks.
What are you guys' favorites?

For me:
Air Guitar > Red Velvet > Generic Happy Music > Letting my Heart Speak > Breathlessly > Three Stars > Nocturne > Standing Tall > Stride > Hokabi > Aria de l'etoile > Comfort > Innocence > Lullaby of Open Eyes.

I pretty much like the whole soundtrack.
I know its not from KS, but Rtils video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKg62dlepok, really captures the entire story of Lilly without having to play another 5 hours through. More importantly is the soundtrack from Cowboy Bepop. Now that hits me in the feels.
Kakureboshi

Post by Kakureboshi »

HereticNine wrote: I know its not from KS, but Rtils video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKg62dlepok, really captures the entire story of Lilly without having to play another 5 hours through. More importantly is the soundtrack from Cowboy Bepop. Now that hits me in the feels.
Fair enough. I loved the Lilly instafeels, too. Also the Misha instafeels introduced me to "Pink Triangle" and now I can't stop listening to it.