Another World 2

WORDS WORDS WORDS

LordDarknus

Another World 2

Post by LordDarknus »

I wipe the tears at my cheeks, further staining my sleeve.

I finish packing up the last of my clothes, my black-and-white school uniforms.

I shut my roller-luggage with a thud, and zip up my life....

I look at my passport, resting on the plane tickets.

Next stop: Yamaku Academy.

Before I leave, I take one last long look at my room... wondering if I've forgotten something important...

...a lost or, overlooked piece of my faulty heart? lost somewhere amidst the deep shadows of memories?

But no... No. I straighten my jacket and tie -- and quietly close the door.

I carry my single luggage quietly, slowly finding my way to leave this house.

My foster father is reading the newspaper on the sofa. He doesn't hear me.

I put my luggage down, and rest my hand on the cold door-handle.

"Father? I... I'm leaving...."

He mutters an acknowledgement, surprised and carefree in his attitude.

I turn to leave, ready to embark on my journey-- My mother- My foster mother, suddenly comes to see me off...

She looks at me. ... I stare at her wordlessly...

She sighs. And closes the door.

The train is quite empty... I'm the only passenger with heavy luggage.

The loud wheels hum underneath, while sunlight sweeps through the windows...

I look outside, turning around as if trying to remember the past I'm so rapidly leaving behind.

Just months ago, just a few waking memories away, Hisao was there with me, walking with me through the snow, promising me...

But I asked him to forget it. To let the dream go. To let what feelings he had left, fade... to let me go, and move on.

I pretended that I didn't love him anymore. I lied... I lied that I hated him, that I blamed him, as my mother did.

I hated my mother for that, I hated her for her words.

I hated Hisao enough to refuse to see him ever again. I pushed him out of my world. My last words to him were cold and heartless.

I blame my foster mother. I want to blame her.

I want to blame her for everything that has happened, from the first day of my life, to now.

I want to blame her for hurting me. I want to blame her for not caring if I died. I want to blame her for the way she spoke to Hisao.

But I didn't stop her...

I just let the world turn... and felt my broken heart grow cold.

I stare at my reflection in the window glass, my ghostly face and cold eyes... staring out at the moving world ever so bright.

I wonder...

I wonder if I am alive.

The early afternoon sun beams down at me...

I hurriedly pull my roller-luggage with me and find my way into the airport.

There are quite a lot of people about, coming and going, picking up and dropping off... one of the cars even looks familiar.

My wrist watch beeps its alarm again: I have twenty minutes left to check-in and wait for boarding.

I quickly find the right terminal and queue up, standing patiently with my ticket and passport out.

Someone walks up behind me and stands in line, his distinct shadow stretching across the bright floor... a familiar-looking someone, with a familiar-looking cowlick...

"You don't need your passport for domestic flights, Iwanako." Hisao smiles as I finally turn around.

"Good afternoon, Hisao."

"Aren't you even a little bit surprised?"

"Why? Why didn't you listen to me? I told you to never see me again. And now- and now..."

"And now we're going to Yamaku Academy together. I told you they'd accept me."

Tears... more tears to quickly hide under my sleeves before anyone sees.

"It's going to be fine, Iwanako. I promised you, and I'll promise you again:

No matter how far apart we may be, we'll always be together...

In this world, or another.

...I'll follow you."
LordDarknus

Re: Another World 2

Post by LordDarknus »

Author's note: I suck at not being a copycat.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

You know, among all the writers here on the board, if they asked me who was least likely to be a copycat, you'd be top of the list.

This piece is quite different from what you usually write. Still - or probably because of that - I really liked it.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Decadent Albatros

Post by Decadent Albatros »

Oh wow, I'm really curious how this one is going to develop. Let's hope it's going to be something special! ^ ^
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

This was interesting. Even in this much smaller sample size, or maybe because of it, Iwanako's foster mother here seems as bad of a mom as her mother in Leaty's fic. At least to me she does. Probably kinda harsh considering her small appearance, but she resonated pretty negatively with me.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
LordDarknus

Post by LordDarknus »

Mirage_GSM wrote:You know, among all the writers here on the board, if they asked me who was least likely to be a copycat, you'd be top of the list.

This piece is quite different from what you usually write. Still - or probably because of that - I really liked it.
Wow, thanks Mirage_GSM! I was not expecting that honestly!

I'm not sure why people even like this one, too, to be honest. It doesn't seem too different in style from the earlier ones I've done before, and it feels pretty.... "predictable"? "Lacking in substance"?
Decadent Albatros wrote:Oh wow, I'm really curious how this one is going to develop. Let's hope it's going to be something special! ^ ^
Errm..... Sorry, but I don't think I'll be developing this further. I'm kind of busy, and it's not like I'll be treading new ground. I mean, can you imagine? Diverging from KS into Leaty's Mean Time to Breakup (see what I did there? lol i so randum) and then diverging again into this? It'll be kinda strange and awkward..?
Sharp-O wrote:A fun little twist. Good work, Darknus.
WOB~BUFFET~!
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... buffet.png
AntonSlavik020 wrote:This was interesting. Even in this much smaller sample size, or maybe because of it, Iwanako's foster mother here seems as bad of a mom as her mother in Leaty's fic. At least to me she does. Probably kinda harsh considering her small appearance, but she resonated pretty negatively with me.
Both her foster parents kinda suck. But they're not altogether bad people, just.. they don't quite like having to take care of a child with a heart condition, and they feel betrayed about it. They don't hate her, but they are "severely disappointed".

And just the night before Iwanako and her foster mother argued and said really nasty things. Even though Iwanako is "mentally-denying" it. And it's also why she's so distracted she forgot that she doesn't need her passport.

Like.. really. I did plan that. Not just made it up because you asked.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Not too different from...?
Your usual stories are to the average fanfiction what Rin's art is to photography :lol:
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
LordDarknus

Post by LordDarknus »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Not too different from...?
Your usual stories are to the average fanfiction what Rin's art is to photography :lol:
Umm... from... take-your-pick, whichever one? I dont.. this one is even deliberately written like a "throwback" to the first part, except the emotions have been toned down a lot due to the less tragic circumstances. (and yeah, grammar and punctuation and stuff is better/conventional/proper/less-like-a-Japanese-adolescent-inexperienced-with-English-talking-style)

Maybe the heavier the emotions, the more "Rin" I make it?

Thanks. :-)