Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

Sometimes some (guest) artists put their illustrations on pixiv/deviantart/blog and they might get crossposted on shimmie that way. This happened in the case of the image you mention, but as a general rule artbook illustrations won't be uploaded on shimmie.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Aura wrote:Sometimes some (guest) artists put their illustrations on pixiv/deviantart/blog and they might get crossposted on shimmie that way. This happened in the case of the image you mention, but as a general rule artbook illustrations won't be uploaded on shimmie.
Damn, oh well just thought I'd for them :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

erundil wrote: especially Aura, since she's
Not really my job to answer here, but I'm fairly sure Aura is a dude.
Darkfeather21

Post by Darkfeather21 »

This is probably gonna seem a bit out of left field (as it has little to do with the game itself), but may I ask where the reference for the Art Classroom came from?
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Aura wrote:Sometimes some (guest) artists put their illustrations on pixiv/deviantart/blog and they might get crossposted on shimmie that way. This happened in the case of the image you mention, but as a general rule artbook illustrations won't be uploaded on shimmie.
So there will be no digital release?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
erundil
Location: at my desk, right in front of the monitor (may not be applicable when offline)

Post by erundil »

Oh, so it was you who wrote Rin path? Cool. I mean - it's the most unusual path of them all.

So... did you plan Rin to be autistic from the beginning or just wanted to make her weird and she just ended up acting autistic?
Is she diagnosed with anything? Aside from acting autistic she also does show signs of Asperger's syndrome.
But considering she's an artist and knowing my few weird artist friends I'm not sure about anything when artists are involved :P
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Darkfeather21 wrote:This is probably gonna seem a bit out of left field (as it has little to do with the game itself), but may I ask where the reference for the Art Classroom came from?
Honestly can't remember
ArcCain wrote:
There might, but don't count on that. Dangerous is a bit of a special case in our artbook series.
erundil wrote:Oh, so it was you who wrote Rin path? Cool. I mean - it's the most unusual path of them all.

So... did you plan Rin to be autistic from the beginning or just wanted to make her weird and she just ended up acting autistic?
Is she diagnosed with anything? Aside from acting autistic she also does show signs of Asperger's syndrome.
But considering she's an artist and knowing my few weird artist friends I'm not sure about anything when artists are involved :P
Rin has been diagnosed for just about every possible mental disorder by internet armchair psychologists. I'm not gonna give any kind of straight answer to this sort of question ever. She is what she is.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Darkfeather21

Post by Darkfeather21 »

Aura wrote:
Darkfeather21 wrote:This is probably gonna seem a bit out of left field (as it has little to do with the game itself), but may I ask where the reference for the Art Classroom came from?
Honestly can't remember
Hmm. Okay then. Whole room just looked very familiar to me. Reminded me of the art classroom at my own high school.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Aura wrote:
ArcCain wrote:
There might, but don't count on that. Dangerous is a bit of a special case in our artbook series.
How so?

Also, I did see that one of the pictures was by a 4LS member.

Also, I saw that twitter post from VCR:
"So I'm a bit slow but I just learned the theme for the KS artbook was "tasteful erotica"
Would've been nice to know before I drew Hanako taking a dildo in both holes man, I would've drawn something a lot more mild"
Uhhhh :lol: How the hell did that happen?
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Dangerous was mostly weee's solo project (there's only her artwork and a few guest pieces) so it's up to her whether she wants to make a digital release or not. There was just a failure in communication between VCR and weee that resulted in the rather humorously off tone guest art.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Aura wrote:Dangerous was mostly weee's solo project (there's only her artwork and a few guest pieces) so it's up to her whether she wants to make a digital release or not. There was just a failure in communication between VCR and weee that resulted in the rather humorously off tone guest art.
Ahh, okay. That makes a lot of sense. Also, that's quite a bit of communication failure where instead of "tasteful erotica" it's "hardcore hentai" :lol: That's honestly, really hilarious.
I also draw, kind of.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Aura wrote:3. Rin doesn't particularly like Hisao, he's just something she latches on for a while.
That's pretty fascinating; I've seen convincing arguments that Rin's story is one of her pursuing Hisao (in her own inscrutable way) — and somewhat bumbling it as a good protagonist should.
6. There is a bad end.
VINDICATION! I hate that people have accepted that it's only neutral. To me, it's one of the more heartbreaking things in the game.

Question: What are the (approximate?) ages of Akira, Yuuko, Nurse, Mutou, Meiko, Jigoro, Nomiya, Sae, and Shopkeep?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Both of those are interpretation things, and anyone's interpretation is valid as long as it's plausible.

Akira: mid-twenties
Yuuko: early twenties
Mutou: late forties
Meiko: forties
Jigoro: fifties
Nomiya: late fifties
Nurse: Older than he looks
Sae: ■■■■■■■■
Shopkeep: ∞
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Which artist was responsible for Kenji's sprites? I have a feeling it was Raide, but I want to be sure.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

gebyy