Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (New NSFW Art 2/22)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

azumeow

Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (Updated 8/9)

Post by azumeow »

Maeda has MAEDA my list.

What a slimy piece of shit. I bet he's the type of guy who calls Hanako "bacontits" and means it.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
timetravelzero

Post by timetravelzero »

azumeow wrote:Maeda [...] the type of guy who calls Hanako "bacontits" and means it.
Uh... uh... *nervous laughter* Yeah, what an ass, right?
Akira>Lilly=Shizune>Emi>Hanako>Mutou=Nurse>Saki>Misha=Rika>Yuuko>Meiko=Miki>Suzu>Kenji>Rin=Iwanako>Jigoro>Nomiya>{POWERGAP}>Hisao Eh, my opinion anyway
Parzival

Post by Parzival »

Gotta love how this fanfic makes you really want to do something with your life. Very good, as always.
azumeow wrote:What a slimy piece of shit. I bet he's the type of guy who calls Hanako "bacontits" and means it.

I always preferred 'best grill.' :roll:
Also, really like your choice of music. It's a little surreal having the inspiration for this chapter be a somewhat obscure song from my Pandora. :)
Spiral-Bound

Post by Spiral-Bound »

I created an account so that I could express how much I'm enjoying this story. I just finished reading it from beginning to the latest update, and it truly is an excellent take on Saki and the story surrounding her.

I'll do my best to check in regularly, to prevent the next chapter from slipping under my radar. Keep up the good work!
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Spiral-Bound wrote:I created an account so that I could express how much I'm enjoying this story. I just finished reading it from beginning to the latest update, and it truly is an excellent take on Saki and the story surrounding her.

I'll do my best to check in regularly, to prevent the next chapter from slipping under my radar. Keep up the good work!
Welcome aboard, matey! Always happy to have another crew member in the good fleet 'Renai - and on board the HMS Learning to Fly, as well.
Now, start swabbin' the decks or you'll be over-board before we've even left port :twisted:

I've gone too far with that. Sorry.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
timetravelzero

Post by timetravelzero »

Spiral-Bound wrote:I created an account so that I could express how much I'm enjoying this story.
[STUFF]
Welcome to the madhouse! Did you receive your complimentary straight jacket and anti-depression supplements on your way in?

No, but in all seriousness, welcome to the boards! Always nice to see some new faces here.
Akira>Lilly=Shizune>Emi>Hanako>Mutou=Nurse>Saki>Misha=Rika>Yuuko>Meiko=Miki>Suzu>Kenji>Rin=Iwanako>Jigoro>Nomiya>{POWERGAP}>Hisao Eh, my opinion anyway
ComeWhatMay

Post by ComeWhatMay »

Blackmambauk wrote: Do they have vicodin in japan? that's a very powerful pain killer drug for Saki to be on. It's only a level below methadone in how powerful it is and if someone overdosed on either it could be fatal.
From the research I've done for my own story, no. Of the opiate painkillers, Hydrocodone/paracetamol is almost entirely (99% of scripts) prescribed in the United States. Japan opts for a close chemical relative of Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, under the brand name OxyContin. The difference between the two is that Hydrocodone is synthesized from codeine, while Oxycodone is synthesized from thebaine.
brythain wrote:Apart from ibuprofen being much more common as a painkiller in Japan...
To my understanding, painkillers derived from Morphine like Oxy, Vicodin, Dihydromorphine, etc... are stronger painkillers than Ibuprofen, but carry the risk of addiction. Ibuprofen is a much more common pain killer, and is even available over-the-counter in the US and the UK, since it's merely an anti-inflammatory/prostaglandins blocker, whereas opiate painkillers are narcotic. It depends on the context in which the painkiller was prescribed.

My experience with painkillers is limited, Tylenol 3 (codeine/*acetaminophen) and Vicodin (hydrocodone/paracetamol), both after surgeries, and the painkilling from the narcotics was significantly stronger than Ibuprofen. I imagine Saki would need something stronger than just an anti-inflammatory, considering the nature of her condition.

*note that acetaminophen and paracetamol are the same thing, but different companies, countries, and groups label their products differently. The US and Japan use acetaminophen, while most international groups opt for paracetamol.
Come What May - Cliché No matter what might happen.

Currently writing Can You Accept Your Fate? Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route. 34,000 words and counting.

Oh you wear your facade so well, covered up in your plastic shell
brythain

Post by brythain »

ComeWhatMay wrote:My experience with painkillers is limited, Tylenol 3 (codeine/*acetaminophen) and Vicodin (hydrocodone/paracetamol), both after surgeries, and the painkilling from the narcotics was significantly stronger than Ibuprofen. I imagine Saki would need something stronger than just an anti-inflammatory, considering the nature of her condition.
In Japan it's unlikely you'll get long-term narcotic-containing subscriptions. Ibuprofen is about the strongest you'll get for post-op situations. What do you mean 'considering the nature of her condition'?
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I'll go back and change the line, then :)
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

New artwork almost done! It should end up being a title card for one of the acts :D

EDIT: AAAAAND IT'S DONE!

From jmc5221 on DA. I asked him to imitate the act title cards and it came out great! This will probably be the title card for Act 3 :)

Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Mader Levap

Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (New Art 8/19)

Post by Mader Levap »

Really nicely done! Only difference is that title cards in KS are smaller, I think...
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
Blackmambauk

Post by Blackmambauk »

Great artwork, like the subtext of what's going on with Saki. Looking into the mirror, the question can be is she looking into herself here? Or at Herself? I imagine the reflection is her so far hidden self and that this Saki is about to walk out of the reflection in the mirror and into reality.

The picture reminds me for some reason of the song Reflection from Mulan, namely the bit where Mulan asks who is that girl I see. I wonder what song you are thinking of for the title card?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ4zTXHqGBw

Like how Saki seems to be asking what she sees sharing at her.

I read into a lot of stuff because I like to even when nothing is there, but this picture I think is very fitting for Act three title card.

Really pumped to see how fare events will go in Act three.

Blackmambauk
"I think the greatest skill a writer can have is simply having confidence in themselves to tell the story they want to tell, and to have confidence that their audience will make up their own minds on their story and characters." Blackmambauk

Favourite Route= All the Routes were done well. Each had it's strengths and weak points. But none were bad, a brilliant achievement by the KS Team.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Blackmambauk wrote:I wonder what song you are thinking of for the title card?
"Science" by The Birthday Massacre
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
carbinecorps

Post by carbinecorps »

That artwork is beautiful!
Blackmambauk

Post by Blackmambauk »

Eurobeatjester Just a quick question. Have you considered at somepoint creating a Tvtropes page for your fic? As your fic is on the KS Fanfic recommendation page on the site which no doubts will drive some people to check your fic out. I feel personally that your fic is popular enough to warrant having it's own TV Tropes page.

Since Sisterhood, Weekend at Hisao's and Development have their own Tvtropes pages, seems only fair for you to have one for your Fic.

Not to mention that your work uses some Tropes in a interesting way I feel, regardless if it's done straight played with etc.

This can be another way of attracting more people to reading your fic, I'm aware creating a page can take time (which you have a limit of) and needs to be done in accordance with Tvtropes rules. But once you have the page set up and check on it from time to time. It will write itself due to some of the readers no doubt adding to it in time or editing it to make sure all spelling and grammar is correct etc..

I have set up a Fanfic page or two on the site in my time. Main one for the Code Geass Fic Ice and Fire that's written by a good friend of mine. So if you want I can set it up for you or help you set it up as I did for Ice and Fire. Mainly via Google docs we wrote the page and communicated which tropes fitted the fic.

Just a thought to consider, isn't a needed thing but it would be cool to see your fic have it's own page on a site somewhere.

Blackmambauk
"I think the greatest skill a writer can have is simply having confidence in themselves to tell the story they want to tell, and to have confidence that their audience will make up their own minds on their story and characters." Blackmambauk

Favourite Route= All the Routes were done well. Each had it's strengths and weak points. But none were bad, a brilliant achievement by the KS Team.