Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Complete]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

HoneyBakedHam

Re: Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 7/8/15]

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Silentcook wrote:It helps preventing people from making mammoth useless nested-quote posts only to add a one-liner, or even a single word. A short word. Of course I've seen it happen.
But chains are part of the fun on a forum. Trust me, when you play NationStates and try to roleplay being a government official on a forum, you need some sort of entertainment.
Sharp-O

Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 8/8/15]

Post by Sharp-O »

Chapter Thirty-Six: Comrades in Arms

~~~~Taro~~~~

The school day starts in the distance behind me, the faint ringing of the bell fading into nothing, only to be replaced by early morning bird song. I deeply inhale the fresh air and release it. Today is too good to a day to be spent back there… Sitting next to her…

No, stop that. You took the day to clear your head, Taro. No school. No Ritsu. Just you.

“And where the fuck do you think yooooou’re going?” I hear a voice cheerily call behind me, I turn my head fully but see no one. I pull my hood back to give me a better look at my surroundings and still nothing. It’s only when I return to my original direction do I see the phantom prankster.

“Akio told you, huh?” I raise an eyebrow at the impish Miki, bouncing in place with a massive grin.

“Yup!”

“You’re skipping school.” I frown a little.

“Nuh-uh! I’m taking a mental health day.” She smirks, cocking her hip to the side. I pinch the bridge of my nose with my good hand.

“No, I’m taking a mental health day. You’re just skipping class.” I sigh.

“Same difference, big guy.” She smirks, folding her arms. I’m not going to win this argument.

“Whatever. C’mon.” I shake my head and walk past her, Miki turning on her heels and matching my pace.

“So what’s the plan?” She asks, her hand and stump slipping into her pockets.

“No plan.” I say, inhaling another refreshing lungful of air.

“Sounds good to me.” She grins.

~~~~Akio~~~~

No Taro, Ritsu or Miki. That’s not good at all…

We’re divided into groups of three this morning and since three of us are missing, the groups are mixed unusually. Molly got stuck with Lezard and Ikuno, much to her chagrin. She’s looked over a couple times in a desperate cry for help. I shrug my shoulders, unable to any more to help her than I am to help my best friends.

I stare at the worksheet and I don’t even remember what we‘re supposed to be doing. Hana’s hand creeps across our conjoined desks and into mine. I nod in thanks and her smile is the best part of my day so far.

I fucked up everything…” The muffled whisper from our special guest grabs my attention.

“It’s not your fault, Suzy… From what you told me, this was bound to happen eventually.” I reassure her, patting the head of cerulean hair to my left, her face hidden by her folded arms.

“I hope they’re all okay.” Hana adds.

“I’ll go check on Ritsu during lunch. God knows where Taro and Miki are right now…” I sigh. I doubt any of us are going to get the work done.

~~~~Taro~~~~

“I can’t believe you still remember that…” I rub the back of my head, sheepishly. Yuuko's not working in the Shanghai today so we’re free of grief from her and no one else seems to pay us much mind.

“I’m hardly going to forget the time you copped a feel after I fell out of a first floor window.” She says in a teasing tone.

“You know damn well that’s not what happened!” I point a finger accusingly at Miki from across the table. “You jumped because you were sneaking out after curfew and somehow managed to rope me into your scheme!”

“Okay, okay, jeez!” Miki holds her hands up in surrender before laughing. As much as I hate to admit it, it’s nice to have company right now. I figured I’d hide in the Shanghai all day but having someone to talk to is much better.

“Man, we’ve had some goofy-ass adventures here…” She lets out a laugh and a wistful sigh at the same time.

“True enough… This year alone has been insane.” I admit, sipping at my coffee.

“Right? We’ve had fights, love triangles and even a daring rescue… Not to mention the whole Akio and Hanako thing.” Miki’s comment makes me raise an eyebrow at her quizzically and she continues.

“It’s just amazing, is all. Never would have pegged those two as a natural fit.” She smiles genuinely.

“Never underestimate the power of love, Miki.” I smile before realising what I’ve said and my mood dropping like a brick.

“Hey! No moping!” She flicks a sugar packet at me, nailing me in the cheek. I narrow my eyes at her.

“Alright, {game on}.”

~~~~Akio~~~~

“Ritsu? You in there?” I ask after a couple raps of the door.

“Akio? …Who’s with you?” She asks through the door. I look at Hana, Molly and Suzu, who all came with me.

“It’s just us girls…” I wryly smile at the others in a vain attempt to try and get some kind of good mood going.

“I’m not really up for company right now, Akio…”

“Ritsu, my dear, what does misery love?” I chuckle a little and hear the latch turn, the door sliding open to reveal a pale and rather sickly Ritsu.

“You’re an asshole.” She smiles a little and I turn my nose up to her.

“I guess I’ll take these delicious treats elsewhere the--” I’m rudely interrupted by Ritsu snatching the grocery bag out of my hand. Her smile becomes a little brighter and she wraps her arms around me.

“Thanks, Akio.” She sniffles and I rub her back.

We pile into Ritsu’s room and take seats on the floor while Ritsu sit’s cross-legged on her bed.

“How was class?” She asks, stuffing a Kit-Kat into her mouth.

“Quiet to be honest. I don’t think we got much work done in the end.” I lament, looking at my workmates and Molly folds her arms in a huff.

“I got stuck with a couple of lazy {wankers} who left me to do the lion’s share of the assignment while they canoodled.”

“They’re sickening, right?” Suzu smirks, nudging Molly’s side and they laugh a little.

We sit quietly for a little longer than should be comfortable before Hanako is the only one of us brave enough to ask the obvious question.

“How are you, Ritsu?” Hana’s deployed the big eyes. If nothing else, that will spare her if Ritsu flies off the handle. Ritsu gulps down her chocolate treat and closes her eyes.

Horrible. There’s no other word for it.” She admits, sighing a little as she does so. I feel Hana squeeze my hand a little tighter and I respond in kind.

“You’re not alone in this, Rits. We’re here to help in anyway we can.” I say earnestly and she smiles a little at me.

“Thanks you guys but I don’t want to cause a rift in our group…”

“Oh, you won’t.” I curtly interrupt. “We all think you’re both acting like boneheads.” I state with a chuckle. She looks at me incredulously and I shake my head.

“Don’t get me wrong, this is pretty heavy but the one thing I know about both you and Taro…” She flinches at the mention of his name but I carry on.

“You both have big hearts and thick skulls. If you can stand united against someone as devilishly handsome as me putting the moves on Taro then you can get through this.” I give a sly smirk at the girls and they can’t decide whether to laugh or condemn my glib attitude. Except Hana, who bumps my shoulder with a coy smile.

Ritsu slides off her bed and shuffles to me on her knees before throwing her arms around my neck and hugs me tight.

“Thanks, Akio…” She whispers in my ear and I throw my free hand around her back.

“No problem.” I say and she lets go, sitting back on her knees. It’s a genuine moment of friendship, including the moment she nails me in the arm.

“You’re still an asshole.” She smirks, rubbing the spot she just punched.

“So people keep saying.” I respond, rolling my eyes. The girls share a laugh at my expense but I don’t mind it one bit.

~~~~Taro~~~~

“Thanks for the meal, Miki.” I grin, offering a thumbs up before scrunching my curry bread wrapper up and dumping it in the trash can next to our bench.

“Hey! I spent good money on you, man!” She shoots me a look as she brings her soda to her lips.

“I know. You should have let me pay.” I offered but she slapped my wallet out of my hand and paid while I was picking it up.

“You’re the charity case today, bud.” She snarks and I can’t help but laugh.

“If you were intent on taking my mind off Ritsu, you shouldn’t have brought me to the park where we dry-humped for the first time.” I offer the revelation, hoping for Miki to spit her drink out and I almost get what I want. She glowers with her cheeks full of liquid and I burst out laughing. She gulps hard, choking a little and whacks me with her stump.

“You bastard! I don’t need to know that shit!” She starts to laugh along with me. “Jeez, you guys were hot and heavy from the start, eh?”

“I guess the fireworks set the stage pretty well, yeah.” I smile a little, thinking back fondly. I quietly bring my can of coffee to my lips and take a good few gulps.

“Never thought you could start something with a bang…” She says smirking and karma hits me instantly as I spew my coffee out onto the gravel walkway. I laugh and choke as I wipe my mouth.

“You bitch!”

“Fucking got him!” She announces in an almost male voice, leaping to her feet and holding her arms up triumphantly. I put my drink down and swat her hip to get her to sit down again.

“Thanks for coming, Miki. Today would be a lot worse if you hadn’t decided to gate-crash me playing hooky.”

“I thought you were taking a mental health day!” Her face twisting into one of utter, comedic, shock. “You lied to me!”

“I’m being serious!”

“So am I!” She laughs, hopping onto her feet. “I’m telling on you!” She calls as she jogs away. God damn it… I hastily throw our snacks in the trash and give chase.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

We make it back to school shortly before the end of day bell rings. The various groups of students make good cover for mine and Miki’s infiltration, coming to the invisible boundary between the two dorms.

“You going to be okay, big man?” Miki asks, embracing me and patting my back.

“I think so. Mostly. You know what I mean.” I shrug. Today helped but I still feel a knot in my heart. She lets go and pats my shoulder.

“I should make sure Suzu hasn’t caused any more trouble… You know where to find me if you wanna talk or whatever.” She smiles and I nod.

“Yeah. Thanks again, Miki.” I say with a wave as she jogs off. I turn and head inside, unzipping my hoodie as I go. As I unlock my door, I hear Akio’s door slide open and I look over my shoulder at Akio.

“Hey, man. How’d things go?” I ask, sliding my door open before turning.

“Y’know… Weird.” He admits, folding his arms and leaning against the door frame.

“Sorry for leaving you guys in the lurch. I just needed a little time to clear my head. I’ll be back tomorrow.” I look down at the ground, feeling a little guilty.

“Good man. We checked on Ritsu, by the way.” I look up, wearing a worried expression that Akio dismisses with a wave. “She’s fine. Relatively anyway. She’ll be back tomorrow too. Think you can handle that?”

“I’m going to have to, aren’t I?” I say, rubbing my face.

“Well we’re all going to support you as best we can.” He smiles, stepping forward and patting my arm once. I nod in appreciation and we catch up on what was covered in the lessons today.

~~~~Ritsu~~~~

Freshly showered and uniform ready for tomorrow, I slip on a t-shirt and jeans and head down to the common room via the elevator. As I step out onto the ground floor, a flicker of dark skin ascending the stairs to the right catches my attention.

“M-Miki?” I call out cautiously and her head pops back round the corner of the stairwell.

“Oh, hey Ritsu…” She says, rubbing the back of her head. I grip my left arm and look down.

“I… I wanted to apologise. I was… Not myself and I said some things…”

“Forget it. I already have.” She says curtly but offers a small smile. “You going to be in class tomorrow?”

“Ummm, yeah.” I mutter.

“Do you wanna walk to class together?” She offers, being way nicer to me than I expected or deserve.

“Th-thanks… I’d like that.” I nod.

“Cool. See you tomorrow then, Rits!” She waves and starts up the stairs before I call out again.

“H-how is he?” I ask, naturally concerned about Taro. She stops and sighs before turning back to me.

“You know how he can be. He’s hurting but putting on a brave face. Think you’ll be okay seeing him tomorrow?”

I stay quiet and look to the floor but nod rapidly.

“Okay. Well I’ll see you tomorrow then. Have a good one, Rits.” She nods and vaults up the stairs.

I turn on my heels and walk into the common room. Hopefully some trash TV, a good meal and some of Molly’s tea with help me relax.
Last edited by Sharp-O on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:Not gonna lie, this is exactly the kind of thing I've stopped reading fanfics over. If I didn't like what you've already done so much I likely would. As it stands, I'm going to continue to give it a chance, but my patients for all this drama is wearing thin.
Actually I think this attempt at drama is coming acros much better than the first two.
May be just me, though, since I can relate to the situation pretty well. I once almost broke up with my then-girlfriend for the same reason.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Alpacalypse

Re: Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 8/8/15]

Post by Alpacalypse »

You know, I'm not sure I've really got anything to say about this chapter.

Except this:
Sharp-O wrote:“I guess I’ll take these delicious treats elsewhere the--” I’m rudely interrupted by Ritsu snatching the grocery bag out of my hand. Her smile becomes a little brighter and she wraps her arms around me.
When all else fails, use delicious food :mrgreen:

Oh well. Good chapter, though! :D
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Actually I think this attempt at drama is coming acros much better than the first two.
May be just me, though, since I can relate to the situation pretty well. I once almost broke up with my then-girlfriend for the same reason.
This one cuts a little close to home for me too, Mirage so I'm taking care with the story. I hope you continue to like it :)
Alpacalypse wrote:Oh well. Good chapter, though! :D
Thanks, Al!
Sharp-O

Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 10/8/15]

Post by Sharp-O »

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Evanescent Touch

~~~~Molly~~~~

“Listen, Florian… You’re a sweet guy but I think we should just be friends. Or mild acquaintances! Or people who just nod to each other in the hall…” I say, losing confidence with every word. I look at Suzu whose face is creased in such a way as to be horrifying.

“That’s… good, I guess…” She says, a veritable floodgate of laughter waiting to open.

“Just do it.” I sigh and Suzu doubles over, heaving for breath. With Miki talking with Ritsu ahead of us, Suzu is my only option to rehearse with. I’m meeting Florian at lunch time and I don’t think I can keep up the charade any longer.

“You are just hopeless, Molls!” She pats my back, standing upright again as we walk to class.

“I’m sorry but I’ve never done this before! I’ve only ever been the dumpee, not the dumper…” I hush my voice around certain words for Ritsu’s sake. She seems fine but she’s got to be a mess inside and the last thing I want is to get shouted at again.

“At least you’ve been in one of those positions. I’ve never dated at all.” Suzu admits, casting her gaze downwards. I wrap an arm around her shoulder and smile.

“If I was into girls, I’d date you in a nanosecond. You’re just too cute!” I playfully tease, poking her cheek and she swats my hand away with a giggle.

“Get off! You’re crazy!”

There’s still ten minutes before class is due to begin, Mr. Mutou no where to be seen as per usual. I’m chatting with Suzu, Miki and Ritsu when it happens.

Taro and Hanakio walk in. Oh boy.

The rest of the class bears it no mind but there’s a palpable sense of unease as Taro makes his way towards us. He gives a gentle smile and a wave as he nears us, turning to the right and walking in between Miki and Suzu’s desks towards the back. Hanakio follow and seem to share our feelings but give polite nods all the same.

Today’s going to be a long one.

~~~~Taro~~~~

Okay, that wasn’t too bad. A little awkward but that’s to be expected. Baby steps.

“And where were yoooou yesterday, Mr Arai~?” I haven’t even sat down and already with I’m getting the sing-song third degree from Sweet & Sour.

“I took a mental health day, {ladies}. Please forgive me.” I bow, hoping that will placate them. It’s not.

“But Shicchan was worried after hearing what happened. So was I!” Misha goes on, translating for Shizune. Is that a mistranslation on Misha’s part?

“I appreciate the concern but if it’s all the same to you, today is going to be long enough…” I gesture towards Ritsu’s desk next to me. “Without having to justify taking some time to clear my head. Surely you’ve had to do the same before, right?”

Misha stops translating part way through and sighs a little, her eyes cast off in Shizune’s direction for a fraction of a second. The Student Council President doesn’t notice but I do.

“For what it’s worth… I’m sorry, Taro.” Hisao speaks up, now translating for Shizune too. Huh, guess when you want to confess your love that badly, you’ll even learn a new language just to say it. It’s really sweet… I nod at Hisao and the other two before getting my textbooks and pencil case out. Mutou comes strolling through the door seconds before the bell rings.

Ritsu silently slides into her seat and mirrors my prep work. Just say good morning, it’s not like it could make things worse.

“Morning.” I offer and she flinches.

“M-morning…” She nods a little with a forced smile before busying herself with her school bag. God, I hope we don’t get group assignments…

~~~~Molly~~~~

“Why did you drag me along to this?” Taro asks as I lead him by his good arm.

“Because I need back up and Hanakio were busy.” I say. I would have asked Suzu along to my lunchtime rendezvous but I think she’d just encourage me to jump his bones. That girl is such a fujoshi.

“Whoo, second-stringer!” He cheers sarcastically. I stop and turn with a pout.

“{C’mon, Taro! Be a mate}!” I say in my natural accent. No one can resist my British accent. It’s the verbal equivalent of Hanako’s eyes.

“{Fine, but you do realise I just went through a break-up myself, right}?” He chuckles, rubbing the back of his head.

“{Ohhhh, bollocks}…” I bring my hand to my face and slap my forehead. I didn’t even think of that!

“{Take it easy, Molls. I’ll be glad to help. It’ll be a nice distraa--} Fuck.” His voice changes from heavily accented English to native Japanese as he curses, narrowing his eyes past me. I look over my shoulder and see Florian standing at our arranged meeting point with a boy with light brown hair.

“What’s wrong?” I ask, turning back to find Taro rubbing his face.

“The guy standing next to Florian… That’s Ritsu’s ex. They must be classmates.” He groans. Oh, fuck all kinds of duck.

“Let’s get out of here…” I say conspiratorially, taking Taro’s arm in hand.

“Hey, Molly!” Someone calls behind me and I look back to see Florian waving, the other guy must of called my name. ShitShitShitShit.

“Go on, I’ll just stay here.” He groans but gives me a smile anyway.

“I’ll be as quick as I can and then lunch is definitely on me, {mate}.” I pat his arm and jog over to Florian. His friend moves away from us and keeps his distance from Taro, thankfully.

[Hi. What’s up?] Florian asks in his note.

“My buddy is having a tough week and your friend is probably one of the last people he wants to see right now…” I admit, looking between the two. Florian holds his hand out again with a fresh note.

[No, I meant why did you want to see me? I was kinda worried about you on our date… Do you have diabetes or something?] I furrow my brow a little. Diabetes? How does that… Oh, my ‘bathroom breaks’.

“No, I was just really nervous…” I lie, stroking my left braid. “But I just wanted to let you know in person that I don’t think I’m ready to date right now… Thought I owed you that much.” I look him in the eyes as I speak, making sure I look sincere. It’s an awful thing to do but when there’s no chemistry, what can you do?

He casts his gaze down a little and nods before scribbling a new note.

[Oh, okay. I appreciate the face to face. I hope we can be friends?] I smile and nod. I give him a gentle pat on his arm before saying goodbye. As I walk back over to Taro, I gesture with my head for him to turn around.

“Did it go okay?” He asks as we stride.

“Think so but I’d rather not stick around {so let’s scarper, sharpish}!” I tug at his arm to follow me towards the cafeteria and he follows.

~~~~Ritsu~~~~

The afternoon wears on. Being in such close proximity to Taro is both excruciating and comforting in equal measure. I could reach out and touch him, just I have done countless times before but… I feel like I shouldn’t.

I sigh in relief as the end of class bell rings. As my classmates busy themselves packing away their things, I lean back in the hard wooden chair and unbuckle my wrist braces, the loud tearing of Velcro rising above the din. I toss them onto the desk and groan as I rub my hands, massaging and stretching them each in turn.

“Wrists hurting?” Taro asks, looking as concerned as he always did. All I can do is nod and he shifts in his chair, offering his hand out. I look at him and he nods with a placid expression. I tentatively reach out with my left hand and his large hand glides along my skin, sending goosebumps up my arm.

He applies pressure in just the right spots, well practiced in his motions. It feels great. I shift in my seat to face him and offer my other hand. His gaze is solely fixed on my hands as he moves his good hand to my right, applying the same delicate-yet-firm technique. I inadvertently let out a dreamy sigh and he stops.

“Better?” He asks, tilting his head.

“M-much. Thanks…” I mutter and he begins packing away his things.

“{Helping hand}, right?” He whispers, mostly to himself but I still catch it. I hold my right wrist and feel his warm touch fading.

“Hell-pingu han-do.” I repeat back and he glances my way, half-smiles forming on both our lips.

~~~~Suzu~~~~

“Seriously, this thing is trash.” Akio exclaims, waggling the copy of ToraDora I passed onto him after I read through most of it. I’ll finish it up tonight but I might as well let him get some time with it while I read something else.

“You’re telling me. It’s so frustrating. I mean, I like the characters but the drama can be really overwrought.” I answer back, sitting at the table while Akio sits in his beanbag.

“It wouldn’t be so bad if the characters just talked to each other.” He pinches the bridge of his nose. “If they just admitted how they feel.”

“If only it were that easy sometimes.” I look up from my book at Akio who raises an eyebrow.

“Right? But I guess we’ve both seen that.” He says. Wait… Does he… ? “Did you see Taro and Ritsu earlier? He was massaging her wrists like nothing’s changed. This big dramatic break-up and they clearly want to be together…”

Oh, he’s talking about them. I nod silently and go back to my book. He tosses his book to the side and slides down the beanbag, his legs and butt mostly on the floor. He rubs his eyes with both hands and then nestles into the beanbag.

“Comfy?” I giggle at the boy putting his arms behind his head.

Veeeeery.” He sighs contentedly. “You should know, I’ve seen you sleeping in this thing more than once.” He smiles with his eyes closed. It really is… Doesn’t hurt that it also smells like him

“Too bad you’re way too big for it!” I snipe and he opens one eye to glare at me.

“Oi! A whole other person could fit on here.” He shifts in his seat and sure enough, I could squeeze in there… Quite comfortably in fact… Screw it. I get up from my seat and wander over, delicately flopping down beside Akio.

“See? Now take back that fat joke.” He gives me a cocky grin and I feel my cheeks warm.

“I n-never said you were f-fat!” I protest, digging my elbow into his ribs.

“Ow-ow-ow! Okay! But I proved my point, right?” He chuckles as he winces.

“Yeah, now help me get out of this thing!” I laugh, trying and failing to get any purchase. I misplace my hand on the soft material and it sinks instantly just as Akio pushes on my shoulder, sending my tumbling to the right and across his body.

My face turns crimson as I find myself lying on Akio, hands firmly on his chest and my legs either side of his waist. Eep.

I’mSoSorryIslippedAndIdidn’tMeanTo--” I try to explain in a panic and Akio just ruffles my hair.

“Hey, hey, it’s okay… Just an accident. No reason to get all flustered.” He smiles warmly and I glare at him.

“That’s easy for you to say! You’re not the one straddling a club member!” I say and Akio laughs, his whole body shaking. I slap his chest and he stops.

“Help me get up, will you?” I pout, still red in the face.

“Sure you’re not going to accidentally slip again and end up kissing me?” He smirks and it makes the warm feeling in my face and chest spread to the rest of my body. Damn you, Akio. Why do you vex me so?

“C’mon, let’s get you back on your feet, Prez.” He says softly, holding my arms gently and shifting forward gently. He’s mere inches from me…

Screw it.

His warmth, his smell, his taste… It’s all just as I imagined. An intoxicating mixture of lust and danger churns inside me as I grip his collar and kiss him deeper. I could live in this moment foreveTHUD.

Owwww…” I groan as my eyes flutter open and I rub my forehead. My vision focuses and see the book I was reading. No. No. NO. Don’t fucking tell me… I look over at the beanbag and Akio has leaped out of it to the edge of the table.

“Shit! You okay, Suzy?” He asks, concerned. With his lips. I purse my own lips a little and shake my head.

“That really fucking hurt!” I hiss, leaning back against the wooden chair. He moves around the table and perches on the table, moving my fringe out of the way. He winces a little.

“Ouch. We should see if we can afford a padded helmet on the club’s budget.” He jokes and I jab him in the ribs, a little harder than I really mean.

“Okay, okay… I’ll just cover the table in bubble wrap.” He smirks but winces, as if anticipating another punch that doesn’t come.

“Is it bad?” I ask meekly, looking up at him with watery eyes. I don’t know what hurts worse; the lump on my forehead or the phantom taste of his lips on mine.

“I’m no doctor but I think you’ll live. Wanna go see the nurse?” He asks, his fingertips gliding across my skin.

“If it bruises bad but the pain’s mostly gone now.” I offer a small smile which he returns in earnest.

“Is everything okay?” A familiar voice asks from the door way. I look past Akio to see Hanako.

“Yeah, Humpty here just had a little fall.” Akio jokes and I jab him again.

“Ow, ow, ow…” He shifts his body a little in reaction. “I guess you’re not the only one who’s going to have a bruise.” He chuckles, letting my fringe fall back into place as he rubs his side. He ruffles my hair and hops off the table.

We exchange pleasantries before the couple take their leave. I lock the door behind them and rest my back against the door, bringing my hand up to my lips.

It felt so real… My fingers trace the skin of my lips and then down my chin. Then my neck.

And finally my chest…
Last edited by Sharp-O on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
swampie2

Re: Monomyth: Taro Arai's Story [Update: 10/8/15]

Post by swampie2 »

Screw it.
You're killing me here Sharp, I'm sure that kiss cut at least a year off my life from shock. :lol:

It's a shame Fabian x Molly didn't become a thing, but on the other hand I like that you included a relationship that didn't work out; not everything is sunshine and rainbows in slice of life stories!
And finally my chest…
Ahh, so Suzu is going to partake in the same act she was angry at lezard for; getting freaky in the book room. :mrgreen:
One Shots - My stories thread.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

swampie2 wrote:You're killing me here Sharp, I'm sure that kiss cut at least a year off my life from shock. :lol:
*Laughs maniacally*
swampie2 wrote:It's a shame Fabian x Molly didn't become a thing, but on the other hand I like that you included a relationship that didn't work out; not everything is sunshine and rainbows in slice of life stories!
If it wasn't done before, it's definitely done by the end of the next chapter :D
swampie2 wrote:Ahh, so Suzu is going to partake in the same act she was angry at lezard for; getting freaky in the book room. :mrgreen:
[Bloohound Gang plays in the distance]

But yeah, next chapter is going to have dirty deeds and Rider Kicks aplenty 8)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Hmm... I didn't think ToraDora was too heavy on the drama - maybe except for the last few episodes.
It's spiritual sequel was MUCH worse^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Woo, liking this chapter a lot! :D
Sharp-O wrote:“Seriously, this thing is trash.” Akio exclaims, waggling the copy of ToraDora
Okay, 'cept this. You done fucked up, Akio. The ToraDora fanboys are coming :evil: jk, bro
Suzu getting friend zoned hard
I feel her pain. Badly. Ugh :(
Kiss was a dream
MOTHERFU- extremely good author who managed to encite the desired emotional response in his readers ya cheeky git :lol:

Edit: I also see that you've watched Hellsing *brofist* 8)
Last edited by Alpacalypse on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

I kinda saw the Suzu part being a dream. I was like "nah, too good to be true". Even Scissorlips did that in the Suzu Psuedo-route. I'm catching onto you writers for Suzu. :P

And yeah, just like Al said, great chapter...til you had Akio say Toradora was trash. My jimmies are totally rustled and I'm pretty butthurt by that. Akio has lost points in my book.
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

It's going to get to a point where any time Suzu and Akio do anything, all the readers will be like "nah it's just a dream."

Then it's not. :shock:
One Shots - My stories thread.
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

swampie2 wrote:It's going to get to a point where any time Suzu and Akio do anything, all the readers will be like "nah it's just a dream."

Then it's not. :shock:
I could Suzu thinking it's a dream and end up raping Akio. That oughta be our next big drama thing! Imagine the Suzu vs Hanako fight after that...
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

HoneyBakedHam wrote:I could Suzu thinking it's a dream and end up raping Akio.
Uuuuummm... how exactly is that going to work?
HoneyBakedHam wrote:That oughta be our next big drama thing!
No.
Just no.
Bad HBH :evil:
---
---