The new Dairy Queen Commercial

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Cernd

The new Dairy Queen Commercial

Post by Cernd »

Did anyone else see the new Dairy Queen commercial and immediately think of Hanako when the show the little black haired girl with the burn? Or am I just crazy >.>

Here is a link to the commercial for those who haven't seen it.
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, exhibit number one is what the seraphs, the misinformed, simple, noble-winged seraphs, envied. Look at this tangle of thorns.
U.T. Raptor

Re: The new Dairy Queen Commercial

Post by U.T. Raptor »

And now I can't unsee it either...
AnonymousOfNorway

Post by AnonymousOfNorway »

I didn't see it in the first place. :?
It's the hair I think. Maybe she had short hair but grew it long after getting the scar?
Loved tenderly: Emi (g), Hanako (g), Lily (g). Friend-zoned: Shizune, Rin. To-do: Kenji, Yuuko, Misha
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

I doubt I would have thought of Hanako if you hadn't pointed it out.....
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

AnonymousOfNorway wrote:I didn't see it in the first place. :?
It's the hair I think. Maybe she had short hair but grew it long after getting the scar?
Grew it out to cover her scars. Plausible.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Riku

Post by Riku »

No, but I did see Forrest Gump.
IceLogic

Post by IceLogic »

Wow, an advert like that would get so many complaints if it aired in the UK.
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

IceLogic wrote:Wow, an advert like that would get so many complaints if it aired in the UK.
The UK gives out tickets for climbing trees and being loud. I wouldn't be surprised.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

What kind of cheap-ass legbrace falls apart because of a slow walking motion?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

HeMeido wrote:What kind of cheap-ass legbrace falls apart because of a slow walking motion?
Hey, it happened in Forrest Gump.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Bara

Post by Bara »

G3n0c1de wrote:
HeMeido wrote:What kind of cheap-ass legbrace falls apart because of a slow walking motion?
Hey, it happened in Forrest Gump.
Yup, because it was in a movie it has got to be real! :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

No, I've not even seen it before. I don't think I'd equate burn victims to Hanako anyway.
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

What I want to know is, if you wanted to help, why you would buy calories-in-a-cup from DQ with part of the proceeds going to help these kids when you can just donate to the organizations directly...

Also, KS needs a Hairlip-tan
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
Bara

Post by Bara »

Ozymil wrote:What I want to know is, if you wanted to help, why you would buy calories-in-a-cup from DQ with part of the proceeds going to help these kids when you can just donate to the organizations directly...
Because we are gonna be stuffing our face with calories-in-a-cup anyway and this lets us feel virtuous about adding to the plaque in our arteries and the layer of blubber on our carcasses. :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

That, and it's a convenience thing. I recall seeing that commercial and DQ pledged to donate any and all profits from those things to the foundation (which means cost of sale minus cost of production). I'd probably guess that to be somewhere in the $0.50 to $1.00 range, maybe a little more. Consider how many people actually knew about the foundation to begin with, then consider how many of them knew the address or a location where they can send donations to. When a big company like DQ provides an exceptionally convenient way for you to donate, even if you aren't actually 'donating,' they have provided awareness and more donations than they would have received otherwise.

Kind of makes you wonder how Emi would feel about this...

"But just one Blizzard!"
"It's bad for your health!"
"But it's for the children!"