How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

XtC

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by XtC »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:
XtC wrote:Summer teach was criticizing disgusting culture, mentioned a bunch of games with translated names, saw cripple girls, teach actually singled this game out as pure garbage, i tried the demo out of my hatred for her, and now after i disagree with her in three days I'll probably fail but dammit it'll be for a worthy cause.
Your school teacher mentioned Katawa Shoujo in class? Seriously?
Yeah, and she was quite anal about the name since she singled the thing out and said the game itself is disrespectful to cripples :|, and not only Katawa Shoujo but basically a crapload of games from i think it was princess peach. I think she's like one of those anti-pron people which makes non sense to bash KS since there's actually a plot to go with it and there not even any pron in the demo :/
Ozymil wrote:
XtC wrote:Summer teach was criticizing disgusting culture, mentioned a bunch of games with translated names, saw cripple girls, teach actually singled this game out as pure garbage, i tried the demo out of my hatred for her, and now after i disagree with her in three days I'll probably fail but dammit it'll be for a worthy cause.
If what you say is true, then you should take the latest blog post and shove it in her smug face. Kick rules and respect to curb!

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH
I am, i think the game is written better than some of the shitty ass novels she makes us read and she wants to trash it when it's the opposite of what she said? /epic rage
But then again many who hear about this assume the worst :( , bunch of idiots imo :|
powell

Post by powell »

Someone of halflife2.net mentioned it
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

<Aura-> how did you hear about KS
<Aura-> why
<Aura-> did you join
<cpl_crud> me?
<Aura-> yes
<cpl_crud> Meowshi (one of the WinD QCers) brought it up in the WinD staff channel
<cpl_crud> and I thought that it would be funny to write about Rin turning into a dolphin and swimming away.
<cpl_crud> Laughed enough to join the Invision froums.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Jhoff10

Post by Jhoff10 »

XtC wrote:
☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:
Your school teacher mentioned Katawa Shoujo in class? Seriously?
Yeah, and she was quite anal about the name since she singled the thing out and said the game itself is disrespectful to cripples :|, and not only Katawa Shoujo but basically a crapload of games from i think it was princess peach. I think she's like one of those anti-pron people which makes non sense to bash KS since there's actually a plot to go with it and there not even any pron in the demo :/
Ozymil wrote:
If what you say is true, then you should take the latest blog post and shove it in her smug face. Kick rules and respect to curb!

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH
I am, i think the game is written better than some of the shitty ass novels she makes us read and she wants to trash it when it's the opposite of what she said? /epic rage
But then again many who hear about this assume the worst :( , bunch of idiots imo :|
God I hate it when teachers talking about things they have very little understanding of themselves. I feel your rage.
TemporaryFile7

Post by TemporaryFile7 »

I found my way here from a link on Gurochan. I also heard about it from a MegaTokyo rant and from Gammatelier.
Raze

Post by Raze »

4chan.

I wasn't really sure if i should register/post here.
Well i did, and my first thread got closed lol :D
supalime

Post by supalime »

A few days ago I was bored, so I was looking at random pages on Encyclopedia Dramatica. By chance I landed on the Katawa Shoujo page and went to download it. I'm pleased with the 'ending' I got with Rin. After KS, I played CCY-senpai wa 17sai (so now I have two visual novels under my belt.) Honestly, for such a long time I was hardly even aware of the existence of VNs. This forum listed some good ones, so I hope to play more soon.

Regarding KS: At first glance I was under the impression that development stopped years ago (dunno why.) I'm excited to know work is actually being done, albeit at a pace unknown to me.
SivakAurak

Post by SivakAurak »

I came across KS in /tg/ in a thread about Shizune playing Risk. Turned into a KS art dump and I got curious, so I downloaded and played the demo. Came here pretty much immedietly after.
^^^A very bad man^^^
Commissar Mecha Milk

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk »

SivakAurak wrote:I came across KS in /tg/ in a thread about Shizune playing Risk. Turned into a KS art dump and I got curious, so I downloaded and played the demo. Came here pretty much immedietly after.
'Sup fellow fa/tg/uy, looks like we're twins...
a

Post by a »

I saw some pictures of Rin posted on /a/ and thought she was cute, but had no idea what the source was. Eventually I ended up googling "Rin no arms" and found the website that way.
Embrodak

Post by Embrodak »

I think it went something like this:

"Gee, these guys on /a/ have some weird tastes. This game "Katawa Shoujo" looks pretty creepy. Lol, Japan. Is it a hentai game like that Fate/Stay Night thing? I guess it could be good for a laugh or two..."

And after playing through act 1...

"OH MAN I LOVE VISUAL NOVELS THIS WAS SO MUCH MORE THAN I EXPECTED"
laharl

Post by laharl »

Saw a thread on /a/ and was like "who the heck is Rin?" So i looked it up and saw, after tons of inuyasha pages, nothing...

So i went back, trolled some more, got shizune's name, and put them both in, and HA! here it was, tried it out, and stuck here, although i've just been lurking in the back not ever posting.
I tried writing something funny or DEEP here. But i couldn't think of anything.
Darkmoon

Post by Darkmoon »

A friend sent me a link to the site FaKKu! and it was posted in the desktop games section I had no idea what it was about, all I saw was pretty girls and that was it for me. after playing the game (getting the Rin ending First) i google'd the name found the website and then the forums,.now I'm a happy member here.
I only arrange Pics I do not Draw only use Photoshop. "All Characters Copyrighted".
©2006-2009 Four Leaf Studios
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

That's about what it was for me too. I'm a semi-regular visitor to FaKKu! and the one day, they posted your interview. That got me interested in the game, I downloaded the demo, and then came here. Lurked around for a bit, then finally made an account.
das bruce

Post by das bruce »

I saw a mspaint picture about some dude playing through and not enjoying most of the stories untill he got to Hanako's, basically the characters enjoyment of the game escalated to the point where the phrase "I'mma rum my cum in your burn scars" was uttered, and what can I say, my curiousity was piqued.