Why are you still here and enjoying KS after all this time?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: Why are you still here and enjoying KS after all this ti

Post by Munchenhausen »

extremepiwy wrote: Hopefully I don't remember too much about this game and can play it just like my first run !!
That's why I still haven't re-read it myself :P I know how it's going to end already :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

*Approaches Munch*

"This is your last chance. There can be no auto-skips. You take the blue pill- forget everything you ever knew about Katawa Shoujo, these forums, and all the people here. Your computer will still have the game downloaded. You take the red pill- your story begins, you wake up with a sweatervest and a note in your textbook."

Okay, that's over.
Replaying KS is interesting, even if you haven't forgotten the whole thing. After I finished getting all GE, I replayed Hanako's route. There are a lot of interlinking references, at least from my perspective. For example, The book thief arc, where you only get half the story from each route. Watching another person play it is also very nice. Listening to their thought processes is rather like watching someone pick up minecraft for the first time when you've got diamond armor.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Hadokant

Post by Hadokant »

I recently started replaying it again and remembered this site c: ah the memories c:
"Being Human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless, and finding happiness in a world that hates it"
-Tenmyouji
Umber

Post by Umber »

Because KS is one of those things that is both fantastic and with a modest yet enthusiastic community. Whereas other things...you know. Aren't.

Half of us are somewhat insane but that's fine, you realize you're a part of it after a while.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

I don't do much of either nowadays, frankly.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
kimono

Post by kimono »

Because THE FEELS don't go away, even if you try to.

P.D. I only replay it once, it's amusing to see little details and dialogues when you know what's going to happen.
Routes: Lily>Rin>Hanako>Emi>Shizune
d2r

Post by d2r »

I'm here because I like the community - I pop in now and again to check out the art, and every time I forget how fucking funny you guys are. :)
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Thoth

Post by Thoth »

I don't come back here that often and don't have an attachment to the community like others, but since I played this game back in 2012 I always have felt attached to it. It was my first visual novel and I hadn't gotten the feels that hard before. I don't always think of this VN, and I have only played through it a couple times since then, but it certainly has had an impact on me and has a special place inside my heart, and I don't want to forget it ever.
Sadako

Post by Sadako »

This is my first time here.

KS was my first VN. It might even be my last – I didn’t even know what one really was until I read about KS a couple of weeks ago on TV Tropes, got curious, and downloaded it. Promptly fell in love with it and hammered through every route over the following week.

Then I discovered that there was a forum and that other people love KS too, so here I am. At least this might give poor Mrs Sadako a break from me talking to her about it!
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Today marks the 2nd anniversary since I came across KS. Even now, just thinking about KS makes me feel like a deep fried mars bar - warm and gooey. Heck, I can’t even decide the happy noises I make when KS is on the mind for an extended time.

For a game to hold such a vice on me for that time is something amazing.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
FeroxAnima

Post by FeroxAnima »

Time and time again, I don't think about Katawa Shoujo for months when suddenly the tiniest image of one of the girls makes its way into my head, at which point this happens... And then I just find myself here.

And now I shall construct yet another KS-inspired wall of text (I'll try hard to limit myself so it doesn't become of the china-wall variety, though):

Thanks to Katawa Shoujo, I started reading visual novels.
It's been a few years since I read it and visual novels have been a part of my list of hobbies and interests ever since; I have actually arrived at the conclusion that a good visual novel just may be my favourite form of media ever. And even with me holding visual novels in such high regard, whenever Katawa Shoujo as much as pops into my mind I find myself excited or happy or calm or nostalgic or daydreaming or some combination thereof. It has a special spot inside my visual novels list, and it does not seem like this spot is in any way threatened.
It also has a special spot reserved for it in my heart (sorry for the cliché). As much as I may like visual novels, if I had to make a "list of hobbies" type of thing, I believe it would include visual novels and Katawa Shoujo as two separate entries. When I think of visual novels I don't usually think of Katawa Shoujo, and vice versa.
It's just... I first read Katawa Shoujo when I was pretty down emotionally (I say "pretty down" but I mean it more like "crying at bed every night") and I was caught off-guard by the feelings it made me feel. I'm a very "feelsy" guy anyway but the scale of emotions I derived from this game was... well, it was overwhelming, and I was vulnerable and looking for feels anyway so it really got me. Like many other people here, I've also experienced the full-force emotional impact Katawa Shoujo is capable of delivering.

And just for the protocol, Katawa Shoujo did not stop me from crying in bed at nights, thank you very much. It just, uhh, altered the cause. (But now in all seriousness: though tears kept finding their way to my pillow every now and then, Katawa Shoujo did help, so much; it helped far more than I could possibly imagine it would. It broke my heart to little pieces and mended them back together with manly band-aids. <3)

Plus... yup. The community. ;) I doubt any of you remember me but I luv you guys.
"May the Force be ever in your favor."
Effie-Wan Trinoby

If you happen to have a spare copy of the Midwinter artbook for sale, I'd be grateful if you let me know :D

That one day was a good one.
mateh1

Post by mateh1 »

I DON'T KNOW WHY AM I STILL HERE
IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS GODDAMMIT

when I thought to myself "nice, I'm healing up" then I remember the musics from KS, search it on youtube, listen to it, all of a sudden I ended up here again
every damn time
Can you face your fears?
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

mateh1 wrote:I DON'T KNOW WHY AM I STILL HERE
IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS GODDAMMIT

when I thought to myself "nice, I'm healing up" then I remember the musics from KS, search it on youtube, listen to it, all of a sudden I ended up here again
every damn time
Wiosna, man...It's worse than 'Nam flashbacks.
InSaiyan

Post by InSaiyan »

I fail to see the problem with still being here. This place is awesome!
"We're just two children, pretending to be adults, aren't we?"

Current project: Teach Me To Dance: A Natsume Ooe Pseudo-Route
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Why should I stop liking a story just because it's been out five years?

I also enjoy reading other books that are more than a hundred years old.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.