[Project pre-Alpha] Katawa Shoujo , Oral Version

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Dafty

[Project pre-Alpha] Katawa Shoujo , Oral Version

Post by Dafty »

Hi all

Sorry for my engRish first of all , and yeah even If i'm not english I want to make the project first in english then in my language (lot of harder for me)

If you don't wanna know the thing that give me the b*lls to lunch that , skip to Second ;)

First well this night I met a girl , really cool we talked and laught on a chat you know , She love anime etc... and then it turn out that she take time to reply not because she was spamed by other guy but because.... she have traumatism in her brain that affect she ability to read.
Wa.... Just when I talked about Katawa Shoujo

Second Well KS is handicap related and... I think we have to do it all the way.

So Why don't do a Vocal version of all the arc ? Like every arc , of every girl and every single line. A 100% version let's do it all the way

Problems , because yeah things isn't easy , I'm not a coder or any computer skills , so I can't make a website or any things like that
We can all met on a Skype group , I think it's kinda cool to have it amateur way you know but Maybe I'm too crazy and I don't realize that this is not a good idea
I think maybe amateur recording will be hardcore to do , and the quality could be not nice

What do you think ? YaY~ or NaY- ?
I'm young , dreamer , and have eyes biggert that stomac , but I really want tto do that.
Last edited by Dafty on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mirage_GSM

Re: [Project pre-Alpha] Katawa Shoujo , Oral Version

Post by Mirage_GSM »

So you don't speak English and you can't code, but you want to make a voiceover for an English VN?

Well, setting aside my personal opinion that KS doesn't need voiceovers, instead of starting a new project from scratch, just contact one of those already in progress and see if you can contribute somehow.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Dafty

Post by Dafty »

I didn't say I can't speak , I said this is not my native language so my writting (my grammar , syntax...) is shitty , but I can read english text and teacher told my I have a really good accent
Can't know of course if it's true of course

I heard about some that tried , but apparently Seiyu failed and stoped , and Let's Dub is at an unknow state so.... hard to work with them.

Then I post thist mostly to see opinion about that, if some fans would like to help.

I have some idea but I've to see if they can fit in.

Maybe I'm too optimist and retarded who know...
danfs

Post by danfs »

I think it's something to think about, and the priority should be assemble a team to do it with you, like, 3 more people..
Maybe I could be of some help, but I'm already in the middle of something (Try to translate to brazilian portuguese)
"Life is not nice, it's limited. An imperfect blink of an eye on the infinite immensity of the universe"
THEMADECK

Post by THEMADECK »

To be honest I wouldnt really mind the idea mainly because i just like voice acting but for it to be a real goal the people involved would need suficient funds resources and time
Dat Soundtrack
Linkarena

Post by Linkarena »

While I generally dislike the idea of Katawa Shoujo being dubbed, I'll lend my aid if it's to help someone else experience it. And if you want it. You probably really don't want my help.
I can't really choose a favourite. Probably Hanako. But then who's second?! Rin? Shizune? Lilly? Emi? I can't. I just can't.
Also, little fact: I cry REALLY easily when it comes to entertainment. KS? Got me a few times. Most anime with even a slight amount of sadness? The tears will flooooow.
erundil
Location: at my desk, right in front of the monitor (may not be applicable when offline)

Post by erundil »

and teacher told my I have a really good accent
Yes, for a non-native speaker you most probably do have a good accent. Try reading something to a native speaker and ask what his/her opinion is. Your original accent will be noticable.
The thing is - Katawa Shoujo characters are Japanese. This means you'd either need Japanese people to speak English, or English native speakers (except for Lilly and her family, they could have some Scottish accent).
But if you're French, or Dutch, or German, Spanish, Portuguese or anything that isn't English or Japanese, then in my opinion you probably shouldn't be used as a voice actor/actress for Katawa Shoujo.
GhastBros_Seth

Post by GhastBros_Seth »

Hey, I believe that this is a great idea and think it goes well with some ideologies of Katawa Shoujo, and would like to help in any way I possibly can! I could help with voice acting possibly, learning some code next semester of my schooling, give some ideas if wanted, and provide support in any way I can! I have a vast understanding of computers that may turn out to be useful, as I plan to major in Computer Hardware Engineering! Thank you, you have my support!
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Dafty wrote: First well this night I met a girl , really cool we talked and laught on a chat you know , She love anime etc... and then it turn out that she take time to reply not because she was spamed by other guy but because.... she have traumatism in her brain that affect she ability to read.
Wa.... Just when I talked about Katawa Shoujo
Has she tried using a screen reader?