Bugger It, Oneshot Thread (Morse Update 10/4/16)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Gajzla

Re: Bugger It, Oneshot Thread (Ionic Update 2/6/15)

Post by Gajzla »

Vaguely confusing but overall an enjoyable read. :D :lol:
Atario

Post by Atario »

Munchenhausen wrote:revising and studying. Because I'm good enough at the subject, I don't need to revise
Today I learned there are parts of the world where "revise" means "review". This clears up some prior misunderstandings…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:revising and studying. Because I'm good enough at the subject, I don't need to revise
Today I learned there are parts of the world where "revise" means "review". This clears up some prior misunderstandings…
That's because 'revise' means 'review', in one sense. Both come from the Latin 'revidere', which means 'to look (at something) again'.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

Aside from those specific cases I mentioned before, I have always seen "revise" to mean making changes to what was being looked at, whereas "review" meant not making changes.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:Aside from those specific cases I mentioned before, I have always seen "revise" to mean making changes to what was being looked at, whereas "review" meant not making changes.
'Revise' is the verb counterpart to 'revision'. However, 'review' is also a verb counterpart to 'revision'. You're right to think, however, that the sense of change is nowadays embedded in 'revise' for some people. Meanings do drift with time, especially when English's odd assimilative habits create two branches of the same word or confuse the branches (e.g. warden/guardian, inflammable/flammable).
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

If you like you can think of "revise" as in changing and ordering your thoughts and knowledge.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

I'm gonna but in 12 days after the last reply. I never even use the word "revise". Just study and review. I've only ever seen/heard Europeans use the term. Not saying they don't use it in America, I've just never heard anyone I know say it.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Munchenhausen

Re: Bugger It, Oneshot Thread (Shizune's Cooking Update 22/7

Post by Munchenhausen »

This one's dedicated to a forum frequenter that I'm sure you're all familiar with.
Keep up the good work, mate!

The Student Council Initiation

Donning a big, tall hat and a white apron, my deaf girlfriend begins cooking some vegetables and spices in a wok. With a cute little camping-stove setup, Shizune's decided to treat the future student council to a meal as a celebration for their commitment.
It's really quite cute to see her enjoying herself. She becomes another girl when she's cooking; almost as if she has an alterego, her own spiderman. She even begins referring to herself in the third person, as an amusing little extra, as if she were a world famous chef.

Try as i might, I can't help but feel there are ulterior motives to this get together, though. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just to see how they'd act under pressure.
Call it her wearing off on me, but I like this idea. It'll be interesting to see if they can live up to her expectations.

To pass the time, Misha and I enjoy a little chitchat with the first years before us. Aoi and Keiko, I believe, lovely girls. They both seem competent and willing to get the job done! Misha begins talking about the art teacher - Mr Noyima, I think his name was. I've never met him, but it's obvious nobody likes him... He certainly sounds rather unpleasant.

"I can do art as well as he can!" Misha exclaims, and pulls a notepad and a pencil from Shizune's side table. She spends the next minute or two hunched over, scribbling away. With a final once-over and a signature Wahaha~!, she's finished. Obviously proud, Misha gets up and walks over to the corkboard Shizune keeps in her room. As the three of us at the table watch on, she pins her drawing to it.

It appears to be a poorly-sketched doodle of Noyima, with a speech bubble pointing to his mouth saying 'I'm a big smelly bum!!!'. There are, indeed, stink-lines coming from his posterior. Immediately, Keiko begins laughing.

"Hahahaha! I'm a smelly bum! " She points and laughs, reading the speech.

Shizine turns around, apparently furious. She snatches the notepad from Misha and scrawls down a few words, before shoving it into Keiko's startled face. As it falls to the table, I manage to catch a glance of what was written.

"Silent Cook: Don't quote images that were just posted, people!"
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

God fucking dammit, that was beautiful. Munch, never stop being you.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Dammit, shoulda seen that coming!

Beautiful, Munch. Fucking beautiful. :lol:
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Post by Blank Mage »

And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Clever. And hooray for jokes that would make absolutely no sense literally anywhere else!
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Gajzla

Post by Gajzla »

Ha, that was amazing. Nice work.

Now, when do we get the accompanying artwork? :wink:
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Here. [shimmie]2279[/shimmie]
And on a sliding scale running from "one" to "sod off": sod off, Gajzla. :roll:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Munchenhausen

Re: Bugger It, Oneshot Thread (No Words Update 29/7/15)

Post by Munchenhausen »

remember way back when I did silly fanfics
what happened

No Words

There's nothing interesting about Yamaku's IT room. It's just a moderately sized box with a single window, full to the brim with server towers and computer modems with LEDs that seem to flash at random. A single desk sits at the far end, covered in coffee mug stains, with only two plastic chairs to accompany it. The only room to manoeuvre is a metre-wide path that runs between each of the three hedgerows of technological gizmos. It really is an uninteresting room and, as a result, nobody really visits unless they have to.

Well, there is one frequent visitor.
Takashi Maeda, third year.

Inflicted with severe tinnitus since birth, he likes to come here for the background noise the computers make and the gentle humming of the air conditioning unit. He finds the soft noise eases his own irritations. That, mixed with the solitude he can usually find here, is why this almost quiet room is becoming his home from home. When the ringing in his ears becomes too much or his unfortunately short fuse is lit, he often finds himself looking for this haven. Like now, for example.

He sits at the desk, whiling the time away on his mobile phone. School is over, and has been for two hours. The door opening catches his attention. He continues to focus on his phone. Whoever it is, Takashi will be leaving shortly.

The intruder comes into view. It's not a member of staff, to his carefully hidden surprise, but a good friend of his. Molly Kapur, double amputee. She's come to find him, probably. Although all of Takashi's other friends tend to leave him to calm himself down, Molly usually seeks him out. 'Just in case', she claims.

He looks to her and finds a smile on her exotic face. He has no time for false sympathy, no time for being patronised. He looks back down. She steps towards him and gently places a hand on his shoulder. No words, just the touch of another. It's... A nice change.

He looks up to her, the warm smile still present, and quickly looks back to his phone. She could have sworn he almost smiled.

Molly can see the exhaustion in his eyes; he puts on the aggressive face, but he's hurting. He's held the furrowed brows and frown for most of his life, but Molly almost feels he's forgotten how to smile. He seems scared of showing anything but a stern, macho façade. She wants to help him, but he refuses to open himself up to anyone.

After a few seconds, she slides down; her cheek rests against his shoulder and her arms meet around his chest. He noticeably flinches and freezes at the movement. All too conscious of what others will think or say, he'd normally shove whoever away, but... this isn't so bad. He can't remember the last time he was hugged. Tentatively, his hands leave the desk and hook themselves on her arms.

His heart beats out of control,
His face burns in blush,
His hands shake in anticipation,
But he daren't let go.

His internal conflict of emotions grow with the passing moments. Seconds feel like minutes, minutes feel like hours. She relents and stands upright again, hoping her speechless message is clear. He turns to gaze up at her; her face is just as red as his, if not more so... Yet that sweet smile is there, it's always there. He opens his mouth to speak, but nothing comes out.
Molly can't help herself.
She leans down and kisses his forehead.

She waits for a response, but he can't muster more than a dropped jaw. She turns to leave with a sly wink and sets off toward the exit. Takashi's heart beats out of control as he watches her swagger down the walkway, trying to keep his eyes on the back of her head. Before slipping out of view, she looks back and gives a coy little wave.

It takes him a few seconds to come back to Earth and snap back to reality.
Within seconds he's out the door, hot on her heels.
Last edited by Munchenhausen on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon