Katawa DLCs

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Solistor

Re: Katawa DLCs

Post by Solistor »

Oddball wrote:If I were going to make a KS online (and no idea how that would work) I'd make it so you set up your character, got them customized, and didn't find out what your disability was or how well you've adapted until AFTER you start the game.

Because if life is going to screw you over, you don't get to pick how you're screwed.
That's an even better idea that slipped my mind as I was writing that up. It'd need to be a vast array of disabilities to prevent too many people from getting the same thing, with a small chance of rolling a second one and an incredibly tiny chance of rolling a third.
People wrote:In-game effects of disabilities
Being deaf would prevent you from being able to "hear" chat that wasn't sent using the "Sign" language option, and being blind would prevent you from "seeing" sign-language chat.

Speaking of which, another thing I didn't think to add was that you could learn "skills" such as languages by attending the proper classes for them, and at the right times. Certain skills would be required to be at certain levels to interact with certain players or NPCS. Continuing the above example, you'd need to learn the Sign Language skill to be able to talk to deaf characters directly, discounting workarounds like pen and paper. Non-communicative skills would include art or music, and would allow your character to participate in activities related to those skills.

Another thing I just thought about is a "dynamic profile" system, where when you /whois someone, you don't see their profile information until you talk to them and learn it from them. How this would work is probably through an interaction menu that would assign a trait or profile detail to be "revealed" upon sending a chat message or other multiplayer interaction such as an activity (minigame).

The moral of the story is that I think too hard about hypotheticals.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Oddball wrote:
In-depth character customization - Lovingly craft your own cripple child from an incredibly in-depth character creator. Choose from and edit several pre-made models or dig into the custom mode to sculpt every detail of your precious OC, right down to their disability and personality!
If I were going to make a KS online (and no idea how that would work) I'd make it so you set up your character, got them customized, and didn't find out what your disability was or how well you've adapted until AFTER you start the game.

Because if life is going to screw you over, you don't get to pick how you're screwed.
So like Rogue Legacy but more evil? :lol:

@Eurobeat...That's depressing. :cry: Poor Saki...
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

If your a double amputee and you run around too much you can end up with an infection and be stuck in a wheelchair for several weeks.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Atario

Post by Atario »

brythain wrote:if you had Saki's spinocerebellar ataxia... welp.
Then you're contractually required to install the Slow-Kill-O-Tron® peripheral attachment, which, as the name suggests, slowly kills you. In real life. Sorry, you're the one who wanted realism, now put on your arm cuff!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

Atario wrote:
brythain wrote:if you had Saki's spinocerebellar ataxia... welp.
Then you're contractually required to install the Slow-Kill-O-Tron® peripheral attachment, which, as the name suggests, slowly kills you. In real life. Sorry, you're the one who wanted realism, now put on your arm cuff!
While I was writing my previous post I had a thought about someone hooked up to a VR rig with a suit that could put pressure on the body, and thought about pinching off a limb to numb it for an amputee simulation.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Getting away from tanks and online games and back to stuff that could used in the actual game...

The Sexy Schoolgirl Expansion pack doesn't affect the dialoge or plot any, but all female character sprites are redone to have tighter and skimpier clothing. Hanako will probabaly have a body stocking or something on under hers.

Even Skimpier expansion pack. No description or screenshots are shown for this one just the title. You won't know what it actually does until after you start playing and see that it's put all the MALE characters into skimpy thongs. May or may not have a pop-up message telling you that somewhere the devs are laughing at you.

Turning Japanese The normal class uniforms are replaced with more traditional Japanese style school uniforms. Honorifics are also added to dialogue.

Because ever game needs a zombie expansion pack backgrounds in the game will be changed to make it look like there's a zombie apocalypse going on. Some of them might actually even show zombies attacking other students. There's no change to the dialogue or plot.

Behind the scenes After the credits role, you're treated to a scene where the lead girl of that route does a brief interview. Mostly they just complain about their story and how they were written. Emi denies that the shed scene ever happened. Shizune's interview is cut shot when Misha gets into an argument with her about the story and walks out leaving nobody to translate for Shizune.
Not Dead Yet
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

Oddball wrote:
Behind the scenes After the credits role, you're treated to a scene where the lead girl of that route does a brief interview. Mostly they just complain about their story and how they were written. Emi denies that the shed scene ever happened. Shizune's interview is cut shot when Misha gets into an argument with her about the story and walks out leaving nobody to translate for Shizune.
I thought of something like this before but never knew how to explain it. Something I would really love to see.
My name may be "Gravy", but that doesn't mean I like gravy.
I have Narcolepsy.

Favorites in order: Rin, Suzu, Emi, Lilly, Hanako,Mishaha!, Shizune
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

Gravy wrote:
Oddball wrote:
I thought of something like this before but never knew how to explain it. Something I would really love to see.
Reminds me of the Katawa Shoujo Blooper Reel that I read with the Yamaku Book Club. Not exactly a behind the scenes interview style thing, but more what kind of shenanigans would happen if it were being shot as a movie.
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Oddball wrote:Turning Japanese The normal class uniforms are replaced with more traditional Japanese style school uniforms. Honorifics are also added to dialogue.
The proper form of speech must be chosen for most every interaction. The wrong choice will build disrespect which can eventually or immediately lead to a bad ending!
Atario

Post by Atario »

Clever Girl: All characters replaced by dinosaurs. All dialogue and inner monologue replaced by dinosaur onomatopoeia. Keep your eyes peeled for an added Archer cameo.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Oddball wrote: Turning Japanese The normal class uniforms are replaced with more traditional Japanese style school uniforms. Honorifics are also added to dialogue.
Isn't that a bit redundant...? Most High school here is more or less the same--depending on what school you're enrolled in, the only difference would be how the uniform is designed.

Unless you're referring to sailor fuku and its male counterpart. Those are mostly middle school uniform; high school wise, each school has its own variation (except the males. It's either the black overlay which we use in winter-spring, a shirt, or a shirt with blazer. No, we do not use shorts.)
300BillionDegrees wrote: The proper form of speech must be chosen for most every interaction. The wrong choice will build disrespect which can eventually or immediately lead to a bad ending!
Oh come on.
We're not that tight among friends. Casual speech exist you know!

...unless you're in the office or real world. Shit gets real when you slipped the casual to a customer or your seniors.

Although most of the time between friends it's pretty casual. A bit of formality is necessary when interracting with a senior, but it's nothing crazy.

Here's some DLC:

Yobikou pack:
Completed the high school experience? Now, get ready to face the after story and thrust yourself in those days where you will have to prepare for university! Yobikou pack enlists you in one of the many prep-school in Sendai as a Yamaku graduate looking for a greater opportunity pass the current qualification! Work hard or walk down the washout lane for another ronin year!

Daigaku pack:
Completed your preparatory school or maybe earned enough score to enlist directly in university scattered all around Japan! Enjoy entrance ceremony, the various clubs, as well as hours long lecture thinking 'why did I pay for this'! Included with this is the 'baito' pack where you will have to work and earn enough for your living expenses and your apartment.

Ryuugaku pack:
For those who wish to study abroad, the choice is possible as long as the requirements in the yobikou pack met the requirements. Enjoy living abroad, see the world, get manipulated due to your cluelessness of foreign culture, and read scribbles from interracting with international friends! Learn the language, or experience life like Shizune--alone in a familiar yet foreign world.

Syuusyoku pack:
You experienced university, but want to go further? This pack lets you experience the stress of finding a job and getting hired! Prepare for interviews, look for jobs, get suits, and use everything you've learned up until now to land yourself rich or homeless!

Hikikomori pack:
For those who think reality is too mainstream or wish to go deeper into the feminist conspiracy.
Last edited by Megumeru on Tue May 05, 2015 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
HipsterJoe

Post by HipsterJoe »

Atario wrote:Clever Girl: All characters replaced by dinosaurs. All dialogue and inner monologue replaced by dinosaur onomatopoeia. Keep your eyes peeled for an added Archer cameo.
I can see it already. Shizune would be a raptor, Emi an ornithomimid, and Rin would be a T-rex.
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Megumeru wrote:We're not that tight among friends. Casual speech exist you know!
Oh I know, but where's the fun in that? :P
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Oddball wrote:Because ever game needs a zombie expansion pack backgrounds in the game will be changed to make it look like there's a zombie apocalypse going on. Some of them might actually even show zombies attacking other students. There's no change to the dialogue or plot.
Only Kenji's dialogue and scenes acknowledge the zombies.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Healthy Adolescent Sex Drive Addon - £89.52
This addon pack seamlessly adds a new H-Scene to all available routes. Because admit it, you're as peverted as I am.

Rin
This atelier scene will never be the same again...
  • 《She put the whole damn orange up there. It didn't even burst, it just... Dissappeared.》
Emi
Go round Emi's house for the Din Dins
  • 《She calls her mother into the Kitchen.
    "Mom, Hisao's heart medication has some... sideaffects. He needs some help getting it up~"
    Meiko approaches me, biting her lip.》
Shizune
Shizune's bonding time with her cousins take a whole new path!
  • 《Akira walks behind Shizune and takes one of her breasts in each hand, a mischievous smirk on her face.
    "You mean these, right?"》
Lilly
Was the train journey a little boring? GUESS WHAT, MOTHERFUCKER
  • "She's asleep, Hisao. She's not going to wake if you keep quiet~"
    Her foot slowly winds it's way up my thigh, even if Hanako sleeps gently on her shoulder.》
Hanako
Actually, I don't even know.
  • 《"G-Get back down on your knees."
    She cracks the whip angrily and takes another lock of my hair in her fist.》
Kenji
Manly Picnic becomes so much more Manly...
  • 《He puckers his lips and puts them around the tip, letting it drain into his mouth. His eyebrows furrow at the taste, but he swallows. He loves it, and I know he does. He pulls away and looks up to me, a smile growing on his face.
    "Damn, I love bourbon".》
Last edited by Munchenhausen on Tue May 19, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon