The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Gajzla

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Gajzla »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Gajzla wrote:Well surely there is a Yamaku wizard school? I don’t remember seeing any disabled students at Hogwart’s, so they must go to a school more suited for their needs. Let’s face it, moving staircases, trick steps and a poltergeist are not the ideal environment for the blind.
Consider that the percentage of any given nation's population being significantly disabled to the point that a regular school couldn't suffice is pretty low, and the percentage of the same nation being a witch/wizard are even lower.

Now imagine how much of the population would be both crippled AND magic :P Not nearly enough to justify building an entire school
A very good point, I suppose the only way it could exist is if it was an international school, everybody would be able to understand each other due to magic or babel fish (We are doing Xover’s anyway, right?). It would also, amazingly, mean that a story where a random American would travel half way around the world to attend a school, would make sense.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Anyone think any cast members of KS would play the Five Night's at Freddy's series and/or the fangames of them? :lol:

Hisao would avoid those like the plague I'd bet
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Steinherz wrote:Anyone think any cast members of KS would play the Five Night's at Freddy's series and/or the fangames of them? :lol:

Hisao would avoid those like the plague I'd bet
I'd say nobody except Shizune.
She'd probably take them as a challenge, play them and then be completely unfazed (then again, she'd have no audio feedback, so some of the jumpscares' shock value might be lost on her - that scream man *shudders for dramatic effect*)

I could see drunk Kenji telling Hisao to play them as a joke, maybe.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Atario

Post by Atario »

When did this morph from a headcanon thread into a crossovers thread? :lol:
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:When did this morph from a headcanon thread into a crossovers thread? :lol:
Some people seem to have headcanons which are liberal enough to cross over? :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

I thought of something sad for Hanako's past. When she was in the hospital after the fire, I think one of the things that kept her going was that at least she still had her friends, and when she went back to school she'd be seeing them again. Then she went back to school. And they weren't her friends at all.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Negativedarke wrote:I thought of something sad for Hanako's past. When she was in the hospital after the fire, I think one of the things that kept her going was that at least she still had her friends, and when she went back to school she'd be seeing them again. Then she went back to school. And they weren't her friends at all.
I never knew whether to :cry: for Hanako, :evil: at her ""friends"", both or neither... :?
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Negativedarke wrote:I thought of something sad for Hanako's past. When she was in the hospital after the fire, I think one of the things that kept her going was that at least she still had her friends, and when she went back to school she'd be seeing them again. Then she went back to school. And they weren't her friends at all.
Same could be said for Emi, actually... Who's to say she wasn't also bullied for becoming a pegleg?
I reckon she was. After all, children are dickheads.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Munchenhausen wrote:Same could be said for Emi, actually... Who's to say she wasn't also bullied for becoming a pegleg?
I reckon she was. After all, children are dickheads.
I've known of cases where students have ostracized disabled classmates as well as cases where other students have rallied around disabled classmates. Thus, to say that all children are dickheads is to paint a picture with too broad a brush. It would be more accurate to say that all children have the potential to be dickheads (just like adults).

Now, based upon what we learn from and about Emi from the VN, I would say she either wasn't bullied, or the bullying was so minor that it didn't register on her psyche.

The interesting question would be: Why did Hanako get the full-on bullying treatment, and not Emi? Did it really come down to just the visible scarring or was there something else??
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:The interesting question would be: Why did Hanako get the full-on bullying treatment, and not Emi? Did it really come down to just the visible scarring or was there something else??
My guess is that :
a) Hanako's bullying happened when she was younger, so either had more of an effect or was more severe (because younger kids tend to have laxer moral restraints)
and b) Emi was always a pretty outgoing person, so people felt it would either be harder to bully her, or she made a better friend than target (and, let's face it, Emi has the Puppy-dog-eyes of doom). Hanako, on the other hand, was a far more withdrawn person, meaning that people may have felt she'd be an easier target.
Last edited by Alpacalypse on Wed May 27, 2015 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:The interesting question would be: Why did Hanako get the full-on bullying treatment, and not Emi? Did it really come down to just the visible scarring or was there something else??
Emi was poplar, while Hanako was more willowy.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Also remember that Emi's accident would have occurred when she was in sixth grade. By the time she returned to school, all of her friends would have moved on to middle school. That probably factored into a lot of things, both internal and external.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

For what it's worth, my headcanon about those kids who bullied Hanako is that a lot of them really loathe themselves now. They didn't really know any better when they were that young, but eventually they did, and a lot of them lose sleep over it.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Leaty wrote:For what it's worth, my headcanon about those kids who bullied Hanako is that a lot of them really loathe themselves now. They didn't really know any better when they were that young, but eventually they did, and a lot of them lose sleep over it.
They died young, got reincarnated as macaques, and have to catch a certain number of fish and bring them to Taro Arai every year in order to have favourable karma for the next round. :D
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

brythain wrote:Emi was poplar, while Hanako was more willowy.
...and you are pruned. Sorry Corner. :evil:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.