The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Munchenhausen »

Alpacalypse wrote:Hanako: Gryffindor - Anybody who can go through the amount of shit she went through and come out even marginally ok deserves some credit
"Hanako"
"marginally okay"

sure :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Alpacalypse wrote:Hanako: Gryffindor - Anybody who can go through the amount of shit she went through and come out even marginally ok deserves some credit
"Hanako"
"marginally okay"

sure :lol:
The fact that she's able to function in any capacity is somewhat surprising (to me, at least, but then again, I'm no trauma expert).
Admittedly, "okay" has a bit of a broad definition.
shuddup, Hanako can be whatever she wants
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Megumeru wrote:Now on Jigoro's case and Mayoi's reaction, there is a few reasons why I believe it doesn't work--at least in mentality and cultural context. Thing is, people who have same-gender preference here never reveal them outloud and would suppress them--those who are usually don't get married..
Speaking as a bisexual woman who is completely estranged from their family over it, I can't parse anything in your post at all.
Gajzla wrote:I guess Hisao would end up in the same house as the girl he was destined to be with
These are my feelings, as well. Act One is his Sorting.
Gajzla wrote:I guess the real question is what house would Iwanako end up in?
I don't know if you read my fic or not, but I characterize her as a Slytherin. I don't even think anyone could argue otherwise.

I'll be sending you a PM shortly with some HP fic recommendations.
Munchenhausen wrote:As a Hufflepuff myself, I can't imagine Lilly would fit in.
Seriously? Hufflepuff values harmony with others, dedication, and dependability. She's very much the Cedric Diggory kind of a Hufflepuff—look at how she looks after others, and how her entire class is especially cooperative and looks up to her. That's as Hufflepuff as they come.
I'm an abuse survivor and I don't think that automatically makes me bold or brave or heroic. Her observational skills, innate curiosity, introverted nature and love for literature are inherently Ravenclaw.

I characterize Rin as being Ravenclaw too, because if that was the house that was picked for Luna Lovegood, I don't see how Rin could be any different.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

While writing 'The Haunting', I actually came up with one of this headcanon alongside the little horror one-shot 'There were Five'. I always have a penchant with the paranormal, and this one is no different.

Yamaku High was a school that was established by the Yamaku foundation and is known to have one of the best medical and nursing staffs for an educational institute. Problem is, it is still insufficient to respond to critical cases unlike a hospital and the school thus had seen deaths.

A lot of deaths

For a high school, the number of students who passed away surpasses that of its 'normal' counterparts. Cases are often spread-out and often many year groups graduated unscathed, but for as long as the school stood, 1/5 of the graduated year group would witness the passing of one's life be it from disabilities, accidents, up to the more-common self-inflict wound/suicide. Rumors and stories often circulate among the students and the staffs, with some even passing it as nothing more than tales from a senior with too much time at hand. There is, however, one person who can confirm most of the story--that is, if he's willing to share it.

The nurse.

As a staff, the nurse had seen more students passing away in the school than most, followed with midnight haunting of said student. He had seen enough to the point that he can't tell the difference between the 'living' and the 'dead' who visits his office until it was revealed much later.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Leaty wrote:I'm an abuse survivor and I don't think that automatically makes me bold or brave or heroic. Her observational skills, innate curiosity, introverted nature and love for literature are inherently Ravenclaw.
Again, I'm no expert on this kind of thing, and my life has been mostly comfortable, so I can't really say anything on this topic. I definitely see your point about Hanako being in Ravenclaw, though. For some reason, I have it in my headcanon that Hanako would be the one to intervene if any of her friends were in danger. That's just me though.
Megumeru wrote:As a staff, the nurse had seen more students passing away in the school than most, followed with midnight haunting of said student. He had seen enough to the point that he can't tell the difference between the 'living' and the 'dead' who visits his office until it was revealed much later.
Jesus, that's brutal. :shock:
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Megumeru wrote:Headcanon
That's pretty good, actually. Definitely basis for a good fanfic :D
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

For the Harry Potter houses...

I'm actually going to say that everyone thought that Shizune would be sorted into Slytherin, but she wanted Hufflepuff, and got it, for the same reason that Harry Potter got sorted into Gryffindor instead of Slytherin. It's much more of a blurry line, though, which was right for her (in any direction, really, but her ultimate goals in life are perfectly aligned with Hufflepuff, along with her work ethic). Going into Hufflepuff was probably a bit of a handicap for her, but Shizune likes a challenge. Mind you, nobody in Hufflepuff actually likes her.

Kenji's in Slytherin, but the sorting hat's rules made it a tough one that almost put him into Gryffindor. (I'm basing that on the example of Peter Pettigrew, who was sorted into Gryffindor, despite turning out as a coward. Plus the whole, Harry Potter lookalike in the one house that Harry didn't want, thing, plus Kenji wearing Gryffindor colors, which is probably misdirection on his part.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

bhtooefr wrote:I'm actually going to say that everyone thought that Shizune would be sorted into Slytherin, but she wanted Hufflepuff, and got it
If, like me, you think Lilly would be a Hufflepuff, that would actually make a lot of sense in the context of the Sorting happening at the beginning of school (when they were still friends) and not as third-years. Back then, why wouldn't Shizune want to be in the same house as her cousin?

I definitely think Kenji would be in Ravenclaw, though. Paranoia is a Slytherin trait, but isolation is a Ravenclaw trait, and I think the latter would trump the former.
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Ooh, good point, Shizune was probably expected by at least Lilly to be in Hufflepuff at the time. It wasn't until the Student Council that they clashed, so...

So now I'm thinking the Hat saw Slytherin-esque traits, and I'm also guessing that she came from a line of Slytherins (or possibly a branch of the Hakamichi tree that was Slytherins, when most of the family was Gryffindor) and was expected to keep that up, but didn't want to. Jigoro's up for even more disappointment when Hideaki gets sorted into Ravenclaw (where else?)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Hanako: Gryffindor
Emi: Hufflepuff
Shizune: Ravenclaw or Syltherin
Misha:Gryffindor( She went through a lot of stuff pre-Yamaku and always cares about her friends. That's my reasoning anyway :) )
Lilly: Hufflepuff
Kenji: Ravenclaw, maybe Gryffindor the scarf and all...
Rin: Ravenclaw
Gajzla

Post by Gajzla »

So… I might be thinking a little hard about this, but since the sorting hat speaks inside peoples heads, would that mean its the first voice Shizune would ever hear? Would she even be able to understand it, because she’s never heard spoken English (Or Japanese if you want to be pedantic).

I kind of what to see a cross over fic where she sneaks into Dumbledore office, just to listen to the hats voice.

This harry potter theme has a lot going for it, like what would each girl see in the Mirror of Erised?
Leaty wrote:I'll be sending you a PM shortly with some HP fic recommendations.
Thanks!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Gajzla wrote:So… I might be thinking a little hard about this, but since the sorting hat speaks inside peoples heads, would that mean its the first voice Shizune would ever hear? Would she even be able to understand it, because she’s never heard spoken English (Or Japanese if you want to be pedantic).

I kind of what to see a cross over fic where she sneaks into Dumbledore office, just to listen to the hats voice.
That's kinda sad, in a weird way. Bless her little cotton socks.
This harry potter theme has a lot going for it, like what would each girl see in the Mirror of Erised?
That's a good question...
I'd think what Hanako or Emi would see is obvious :P
Misha would no doubt see Shizune's arms around her
Rin? Fuck knows, I'll let someone else answer that :lol:
Lilly's just shit out of luck
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Munchenhausen wrote:Rin? Fuck knows, I'll let someone else answer that :lol:
That's obvious, no? She'd see herself being understood.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Gajzla

Post by Gajzla »

dewelar wrote:
This, though i'm not sure how you would visualise being understood.
Munchenhausen wrote: Lilly's just shit out of luck

I laughed, I felt bad, but I laughed.

I kind of have this image of Shizune looking into the glass and seeing herself rocking out like in those Ipod ads.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Gajzla wrote:
dewelar wrote:
This, though i'm not sure how you would visualise being understood.
I'd hate to say it, but I always assumed the mirror only showed you what you physically most desire.
Things like people, trophies, outfits etc. etc.

Like, I can imagine her reflection being something surprisingly mundane like she's wearing a fez. :lol:
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---