Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Alpacalypse

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Alpacalypse »

Rhodri wrote:Cool BBC disability articles
You know, this sort of thing is why I should pay more attention to the BBC besides tuning in to the news for 10 minutes in the morning. :roll:
Muscular dystrophy one is kinda sad :(
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Gajzla

Post by Gajzla »

The Ouch blog is really good, and the BBC as a whole have a very good attitude to accessibility on their website.
Taotao

Post by Taotao »

Is it wrong to think that most of the students at Yamaku would have a hard time pronouncing Lilly's name? Especially those bad at English like Hisao?
I mean, I don't know if it's just a false stereotype, but http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percepti ... e_speakers leads me to believe they'd most likely resolve to pronouncing her name wrong, like Riri. I remember it really tripped me up when I was a kid watching Inuyasha and Kirara's name was pronounced Kilala in the English dub.
Anyway, do they ever mention this?
I don't mean to offend if I am, phonetics just intrigue me, especially if her boyfriend couldn't pronounce her name correctly.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Taotao wrote:Is it wrong to think that most of the students at Yamaku would have a hard time pronouncing Lilly's name? Especially those bad at English like Hisao?
I mean, I don't know if it's just a false stereotype, but http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percepti ... e_speakers leads me to believe they'd most likely resolve to pronouncing her name wrong, like Riri. I remember it really tripped me up when I was a kid watching Inuyasha and Kirara's name was pronounced Kilala in the English dub.
Anyway, do they ever mention this?
I don't mean to offend if I am, phonetics just intrigue me, especially if her boyfriend couldn't pronounce her name correctly.
Not really. Her name was amongst the easiest to pronounce

Lilly --> リリー or "riri-"

Not a problem at all. If you want a hard-to-pronounce name, try a name from middle-east or SEAsia. Some of those names are tongue-twisters
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Atario

Post by Atario »

Hmm…
The article wrote:The elder of the two, Haixia, 54, was born blind in his left eye because of a cataract, and since a fragment of stone flew into his right eye during a factory accident in 2000, he has been totally blind.
One good eye and it gets taken out. Well ain't that some shit.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

That was extremely heartwarming :D
I expect that Molly would indeed be proud.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Ive been here for a year now.
Yay?
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Ive been here for a year now.
Yay?
That's cute :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
brythain

Post by brythain »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Ive been here for a year now.
Yay?
YAY! Celebrate by writing something, posting some interesting thoughts, going wild... so many possibilities! :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

We got a bunch of Art for the VN me and my team are devving. So that was cool thing for a year I suppose.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
HazelKim

Post by HazelKim »

Oh boy, a new VN? What's it about? How do you make one of those anyway? Congrats on the big 365 man.
Longtime Lurker Converted --- Trash Minor --- Coffee-senpai is best horse --- Not Enough Rin
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

No doubts that Shizune is loving the BBC's coverage of the UK General Election

"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Rhodri wrote:No doubts that Shizune is loving the BBC's coverage of the UK General Election.
Lilly's blue eyes are sparkling. However, Scotland may indeed soon be a completely different country politically.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Rhodri wrote:No doubts that Shizune is loving the BBC's coverage of the UK General Election.
Apart from not understanding any of it.