Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Megumeru

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Megumeru »

Atario wrote:Well… RAITA is Japanese, and he came up with the title, so…
It was a joke concept.

And then it exploded and boom, here it is now. He doesn'g even expect it to became a thing.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:Wherever both Katawa Shoujo and Les Miserables are being discussed, Valjean is there! :D
Further out in the continuity of my story (after Neko goes on to become a professor at a private university), she eventually inherits a pet rat from a student who is graduating and would have to put the rat in quarantine for six months to take it back to her home country. Obviously, six months is a very long time for a rat.

The rat's name is Jean Valjean, because of his tendency to steal food (and anything shiny, but mostly food). Also, the university is in France, so it is expected that other people would know how he got that name.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

NekoDude wrote: The rat's name is Jean Valjean, because of his tendency to steal food (and anything shiny, but mostly food). Also, the university is in France, so it is expected that other people would know how he got that name.
Considering Les Miserables started as a rather unsuccessful novel in France, and only really gained popularity after it had been turned into an English Musical, I wouldn't be surprised if the French weren't all too familiar with it :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

To spread the infection of KS, I introduced the game to a majority of my friends. Most of them liked it while some others were a bit off from it. I am a bit excited to see what they will think when they reach the end. Now I must judge their favorite girls later...

(Sorta unimportant but Happy Birthday to myself)
My name may be "Gravy", but that doesn't mean I like gravy.
I have Narcolepsy.

Favorites in order: Rin, Suzu, Emi, Lilly, Hanako,Mishaha!, Shizune
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Gravy wrote: (Sorta unimportant but Happy Birthday to myself)
Its never unimportant! Happy Birthday! I hope you never forget this extra special happy birthday song :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbt974GsXBs Sorry for the url post, but I think an exception should be allowed....just this once?
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

In my absentmindedness I didn't think to snag a screenshot before it was too late, but the other day in Final Fantasy XIV I saw a character named "Hanako Nakai".

With the title tag <Half-Boiled Heroine>
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Solistor wrote:In my absentmindedness I didn't think to snag a screenshot before it was too late, but the other day in Final Fantasy XIV I saw a character named "Hanako Nakai".

That is sick...
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Charmant wrote:
Solistor wrote:In my absentmindedness I didn't think to snag a screenshot before it was too late, but the other day in Final Fantasy XIV I saw a character named "Hanako Nakai".

That is sick...
I know, it's fucking vile.
We all know she's half-roasted!
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

While I was out adventuring, I happened across her again and I got a screenshot this time:

The red chair means "afk"
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Solistor wrote:While I was out adventuring, I happened across her again and I got a screenshot this time:

http://puu.sh/hbq6J/d649da7247.jpg
Ask if she/he wants the chocolate :D .
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

ogorhan wrote:
Solistor wrote:While I was out adventuring, I happened across her again and I got a screenshot this time:

http://puu.sh/hbq6J/d649da7247.jpg
Ask if she/he wants the chocolate :D .
Just be careful, if they don't think you're joking that could turn out horribly :lol:
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Taotao

Post by Taotao »

So after playing Lilly's and Hanako's routes first since I just started playing this game last week, I'm trying Shizune's now.
I'm having a lot of difficulty getting to like this character, I mean, I get that she's cute and bossy and all, but does she ever stop being such a bitch to everyone? I've heard that she never really opens up like all the other girls do. It's like my stoic ex who was legit, like, all business.
Plus it breaks my heart to be mean to Lilly and Hanako ;~;
brythain

Post by brythain »

Taotao wrote:So after playing Lilly's and Hanako's routes first since I just started playing this game last week, I'm trying Shizune's now.
I'm having a lot of difficulty getting to like this character, I mean, I get that she's cute and bossy and all, but does she ever stop being such a bitch to everyone? I've heard that she never really opens up like all the other girls do. It's like my stoic ex who was legit, like, all business.
One thing that may help is to try to understand how it might feel when your perception at a distance is often confined to what you can see in front of you. You don't know, can't hear, what's happening behind you. Yes, she's very task-oriented. It's quite a thrill when she talks to you about it and about her own failings. But most people don't get that far because in her route, she (and you) hurtle down a near choice-less path until somewhere around that moment. It requires a lot more thinking than other routes, except perhaps Rin's route. And it's possibly just as alien except in a different way. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Taotao wrote:So after playing Lilly's and Hanako's routes first since I just started playing this game last week, I'm trying Shizune's now.
Granted, she's one of the hardest character to understand (or capture). It's a settled 'thinking man's love interest' for a very good reason.

Now, you and I (everyone here, actually) live in a world that is supported with sounds, sights, and touch--a 'complete' experience, so to say. In a world where relationships are mended and created through conversation and speeches (languages as means of interaction), it is not too far of an experience for the blind to 'experience' the world the blessed ones has (for example, you can explain what a rose looks like and one way or another the blind can have a 'picture' of it, so to say. If she can't otherwise, Lilly would be poisoning Akira with her cooking since way back)

Try to imagine a world without sound, then add to that you notice that everyone can understand and speak/convey to one another--except you. You're the odd one out--the observer--who can only see everything unfolds before you, assume to yourself what is more or less going on around you, act accordingly to 'fit in', and accept the fact that nobody around you speaks your language. Try to imagine that just for a moment :D

Shizune may be mute, but to me she's the loudest of the 5 casts--and that 'voice' of her somehow reach me further than most.

...the last part is a bit creepy, but that's more or less what I think.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

On today's special edition of 'Rhodri posts a link to a KS relatable article from the BBC', we join the Chinese male equivalents of Lilly and Rin in a story of a close friendship and the tale of a young boy with muscular dystrophy growing up in a hunter-gatherer society.
Last edited by Rhodri on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.