The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bhtooefr

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by bhtooefr »

Hanako and Lilly are also both the type to deny themselves something for the other's sake, though. And, Lilly's a master at hiding her thoughts when she wants them hidden. She'll never admit her feelings to anyone in Hanako's route, and eventually she'll get over them (although I've actually had a thought that in Hanako's good ending, she might go to Scotland purely to make damn sure that her feelings won't get in between Hanako and Hisao).

Hanako, on the other hand, is downright terrible at that, and it's obvious in Lilly's route that she's into Hisao. And, she already does end up withdrawing from them during Lilly's route (by pushing herself to go to the newspaper club and all), presumably because she knows it'll never happen, and it probably hurts every damn time she sees them together.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

While much is made of Mutou's rambling dull way of teaching, he's actually a very effective teacher in an odd somewhat unintentional way.

While most of his students don't get half of what he says, he's actually teaching them several levels above their grade. Not intentionally, he just tends to ramble and talk about what interests him. But he's essentially teaching them college level stuff and only testing them on highschool level.
Not Dead Yet
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Charmant wrote:Nomiya's old dead art friend is actually Sae. He faked his death and started living as a woman because Nomiya was constantly up his ass to be the world's greatest artist or whatever.
Because the first thing I'd do, after I decide to fake my own death to avoid being constantly harrassed by someone, is stay in the same locale and wind up befriending that same person! :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Taotao

Post by Taotao »

I was thinking more on the idea of the Lilly/Hanako/Hisao love triangle and, after playing through Hanako's bad end (ouch), I think that if Lilly comforted Hisao after what happens rather than be pissed at him for doing the opposite of what she said, they'd end up together somehow, especially if Lilly found out how Hanako really sees her.
I mean, her trip to Scotland is pretty early in the year, which leaves a lot of opportunity for reconciliation and relationship building.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Taotao wrote:I was thinking more on the idea of the Lilly/Hanako/Hisao love triangle and, after playing through Hanako's bad end (ouch), I think that if Lilly comforted Hisao after what happens rather than be pissed at him for doing the opposite of what she said, they'd end up together somehow, especially if Lilly found out how Hanako really sees her.
I reckon Lilly'd acknowledge that what Hanako said then was in a fit of anger. Sure, she meant what she said, but I'm sure in an actual conversation after everyone's calmed down, they could reach some common ground.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Taotao

Post by Taotao »

Munchenhausen wrote:I reckon Lilly'd acknowledge that what Hanako said then was in a fit of anger. Sure, she meant what she said, but I'm sure in an actual conversation after everyone's calmed down, they could reach some common ground.
You're most likely right, and considering how inadvertently douchey Hisao acted during Hanako's bad route, I doubt she'd take his side. I just hate sad endings ;~;
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Taotao wrote:I was thinking more on the idea of the Lilly/Hanako/Hisao love triangle and, after playing through Hanako's bad end (ouch), I think that if Lilly comforted Hisao after what happens rather than be pissed at him for doing the opposite of what she said, they'd end up together somehow, especially if Lilly found out how Hanako really sees her.
I mean, her trip to Scotland is pretty early in the year, which leaves a lot of opportunity for reconciliation and relationship building.
There's a fanfic for that (kinda). Basically my everything-goes-wrong-post-HBE headcanon.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Taotao

Post by Taotao »

Alpacalypse wrote: There's a fanfic for that (kinda). Basically my everything-goes-wrong-post-HBE headcanon.
Oh awesome! I just love when everything goes wrong! :P

No really though reading through the way they portrayed Hanako's view in the beginning is really neat, I'll have to read up on this.

I might actually start writing a fanfic from my own headcannon. Thanks for the link.

Also, @bhtooefr, do you think Hanako is less devastated when Lilly is leaving to Scotland for good because she sees it as an opening for getting Hisao?
And then she's completely absent from Lilly's good ending if i remember correctly. Maybe she just abandons hope?
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Taotao wrote:
Alpacalypse wrote: There's a fanfic for that (kinda). Basically my everything-goes-wrong-post-HBE headcanon.
Oh awesome! I just love when everything goes wrong! :P

No really though reading through the way they portrayed Hanako's view in the beginning is really neat, I'll have to read up on this.

I might actually start writing a fanfic from my own headcannon. Thanks for the link.
Do it!

Seriously. We may be a relatively small community, but as far as fanfiction goes, we're one of the nicest when it comes to giving good feedback and helping each other out.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Taotao wrote:I might actually start writing a fanfic from my own headcannon. Thanks for the link.
Not a problem, happy to help :) . That fanfic can't be worse than any of the trash that I wrote and won't put on the forums because it's a) not finished and I have a negligible ability to commit to ideas and b) is just generally shit anyways
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

This is one I know is sure to displease a good proportion of people, quite possibly including Suriko, but it's not just something I came up with as a plot twist. Like the idea that Yamaku is a Yakuza money-laundering operation, this one extends logically from the evidence that is in the VN.

Lilly isn't Hiroyuki's daughter at all, she's the product of an affair. I mean, take a look. Despite the hair, Akira at least looks vaguely Japanese, and red eyes are fairly rare in any racial group. Lilly doesn't look the part at all. I gave a good deal of thought to logical reasons why this might be the case, but eventually settled on just one that is plausible. She doesn't look Japanese because she isn't. Then I had to deal with the fallout of this conclusion, which proceeds logically but is not the only interpretation consistent with the evidence.

Hiroyuki knew about it long before Lilly was born, and declared that he would accept the child as his own. Then *boom*, blind baby, and Karla thinks it's punishment for her transgression. Every time she sees Lilly, it's a trigger. She manages to keep this relatively under control until Lilly is of school age, but then she loses it because she can no longer pretend Lilly is just "different". It doesn't help that Lilly's actual father, who the children have occasionally met as "Uncle Jim", dies in a car wreck. She descends into the bottle, slowly at first, taking six years to develop to a point where it is a life-threatening problem.

At this point, Hiroyuki believes it impossible to convince Karla to let go of her guilt, and decides that the only way he can help her is to separate her from the trigger. He arranges for a move to the Inverness office, taking a rather significant step down in status in the process. He knows what Akira thinks (that they're bailing out because Lilly is inconvenient — which she is, but not in the way Akira thinks) and accepts the blame rather than revealing the secret that would force Karla to come clean because she is just not in any state to handle it.

Away from both Lilly and the environment that led her to have an affair in the first place, Karla manages to mostly get a handle on her problem. She still falls off the wagon from time to time, but it's no longer life-threatening. However, she never stabilizes enough for the truth to be revealed to Akira and Lilly — that is, until their hand is forced because Hiroyuki is dying of a hereditary disease, and has no choice but to reveal that Lilly could not possibly have inherited it from him. Akira is another matter.

As for hereditary disorders, Akira is getting a different issue from one side, but Lilly is getting it from both. "Uncle Jim" died by wrecking while drunk. If Akira knew the whole story, she would have steered Lilly well away from the bottle.

Spoiler tags in place because I haven't written all this yet. I've written some of it (which means it will get posted sooner rather than later), but not all of it. I know my interpretation of things is seen by many as grimdark, but I didn't set out to make it that way. I just call 'em as I see 'em.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

So after finding out the guy Molly is with in Hanako's good end is a character from Measuring Shasdows called Floirian, and all the Molly Takashi art, I've got some personal headcanon for Takashi. Right now, he really hates his life. He feels he's second best at everything. He's as talented artist, but he's completly overlooked in favor of Rin, and he's pretty bitter about that. His art is more classical, and you can actually tell what it's supposed to be, but she gets to be the art crowd darling, and he feels mostly that's just because they can are fascinated by her oddness, and not the art. He likes Molly, but thinks she's got a boyfriend with Florian. And most people don't consider Tittanus that big a deal as a disability. But if he and Molly do get together, I think a main event to that would be Molly asking if she could model for him.

Speaking of asking someone to model for them, Rin once asked Hanako to model for her, saying "You look more interesting than most people." Hanako spent the next two days in her room, and Rin was really depressed because she couldn't figure out what she said that was wrong.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Taotao

Post by Taotao »

Eurobeatjester wrote:
Do it!

Seriously. We may be a relatively small community, but as far as fanfiction goes, we're one of the nicest when it comes to giving good feedback and helping each other out.
Welp, I dun did it. First chapter and it feels pretty standard so far :D

One thing I had a hard time with was picturing the way the characters act in the game rather than in my head, and portraying them accordingly.

Essentially what it should evolve to is that during the undisclosed period of time between the hospital scene and the final scene of Lilly's good route (if it is disclosed, then I guess my idea is fuck-all x3), the final remnants of Hanako, Lilly and Hisao's relationship with one another as the former's love triangle comes into extremely conflicting feelings with Lilly's decision to stay. (All headcannon, but it's pretty supportable in Lilly's route that Hanako has a thing for him.)
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

I have a headcanon that Rika hates Lilly and Saki hates Emi.

Rika one because she thinks Lilly is an uptight bitch who smothers Hanako (not because she actually does, but because Rika thinks that life should be lived independently no matter what yeah, this is Rikabro's Rika)

Saki one because she thinks that Emi isn't being true to herself, as, in her eyes, Emi's probably just covering up her problems with excessive energy (which Saki has a fairly good reason to despise).
---
---
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

NekoDude wrote:*NekoSnippet*
I actually have a similar headcanon to that, but not quite.

If I recall, Jigoro and Lilly's father are brothers IIRC? During the post-war period, Lilly's father was one of the fortunate few who are able to leave the country and study abroad. During that time, he met Lilly's mother (do they have names? I can't remember) and triggered an 'accident'. He was quick to sweep the issue under the rug and refused to answer the summon of his parents and in turn, he was disowned from the family.

Who would've thought that her daughter would do the same thing years later?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story