Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2015-4-1}

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Leaty

Re: Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2015-4-1}

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KrisIsLyra

Post by KrisIsLyra »

Hm, I can't decide if I want Anakoshipping or Misha x Iwanako more...
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Leaty wrote:
Blank Mage wrote:I approve, although given the vastness of the YouTube music scene, I'm surprised you're sticking with vanilla KS soundtrack. I suppose you'd want a thing that loops.
Well, while I do think that Eighteen didn't need any special music (it's one of those "ripped from the game" scenes, after all,) keep in mind that this was only intended as a proof-of-concept, so I kept it simple. If enough people are into this that I keep doing it, I'll mix it up quite a bit more.
Haven't actually checked out the soundtracked version, but keeping to the Box of Sound works thematically, considering the whole "this story wasn't really meant for Iwanako" thing.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Post by Blank Mage »

Leaty wrote: ...I'm only just now starting to realize that pretty much every post I make on this forum is wordy as fuck. Do I talk too much?
I hope you realize that the entire reason of this thread's existence is, in a sense, because we want to hear you talk.
Leaty wrote: If I die of an embolism tomorrow, I can rest easy knowing that, without me, nobody might have ever coined the term "Anakoshipping."
Well, that was the other reason.
And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

I've always been a more musically-oriented person. That is, I resonate well with music even if I can't create it all that well. That said, I support the decision to add music cues. I wrote up a quick script for the "test run" chapter using Guest Poster's BGM applet (I'm a fan of overcomplicating simple things, don't mind this decision) and I got a lot more feeling out of the story than with just the words. I can't speak for everyone else, but if you decide to add in music cues you'll have at least one person listening to them. :)
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

Well, I'd say link to the Bandcamp when applicable, and just upload the music you feel comfortable uploading. I'm fairly certain the people who would listen to the audio cues wouldn't mind switching unless the Bandcamp player didn't work for them or something. Personally I wouldn't mind it at all, as I use Bandcamp as a music player fairly frequently. I'd be more interested in the songs you chose than the manner in which they were delivered, aye?

As a self-proclaimed audiophile I thank you for the links to this man and I will now most likely definitely check out his other stuff.
Leaty wrote:from a Homestuck album (shoosh!)
Well, if there's one thing you can say about Homestuck, it's that it has some great music.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Reese8

Post by Reese8 »

Leaty wrote:I just realized I'd been sitting on a preexisting image that would have been perfect for the OP, so I switched it out.

In case anybody is wondering, it's not a commission. It just fits alarmingly well.
Huh. If it wasn't for this story, what was it for?
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Reese8 wrote:
Leaty wrote:I just realized I'd been sitting on a preexisting image that would have been perfect for the OP, so I switched it out.

In case anybody is wondering, it's not a commission. It just fits alarmingly well.
Huh. If it wasn't for this story, what was it for?
I'll interject here because why not. Its from Date Warp, I believe. One of Hanako Games earlier works. Not my favorite, but a good game none the less.

And yes, it fits perfectly.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Reese8

Post by Reese8 »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:I'll interject here because why not. Its from Date Warp, I believe. One of Hanako Games earlier works. Not my favorite, but a good game none the less.

And yes, it fits perfectly.
Ah, thanks.
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

Leaty wrote: but in some cases, even if I provided all credit to the artists and linked to where you could purchase the song, I'd feel guilty. Like, some of the music that inspires me is created by independent artists selling their stuff on Bandcamp, and I'd feel bad.
As someone with three different Bandcamp sites (one for parody, one for all things related to my books here, and one for my "real work"), I would not be upset at all if you linked people to one or more of my songs. What they choose to do from there — listen, browse, download, buy, all of the above, none of the above — is out of your hands and not your problem. Linking to things posted voluntarily for widespread public release is kinda the whole point of the Web, right?
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

What she's proposing is re-uploading to YouTube in an unlisted video, though (to take advantage of YouTube's playlist functionality), and that's shakier.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Leaty wrote:from a Homestuck album (shoosh!)
(pap)

HOMESTUCK JOKES.

Okay wait there was actually more I was going to say but I have been up for like a solid 20 hours at this point and am jetlagged to hell and back, so I'll not go back and quote what I'm referring to. I think it'll be pretty obvious though so... good.

I'll probably check out Silk--a Spider-Man without the constant "whoops I'm out of webbing" that so many writers seem to rely on (or at least they did back in the 90s) is intriguing, and I'd planned to check it out anyway, so that sorts that out.

The other thing... there was another thing you mentioned, which I think was something along the lines of the woes of the JVN scene, and yeah, we became real aware of those as the writing process as we proceeded. Working backwards from the girls to the protagonist was always going to end up the way it did--and yeah, the early discussions about how much of a character Hisao should be did tend to circle around to the "don't make him too unique, because we want players to be able to sub themselves in for him without too much trouble" way of thinking. You're quite right to point out the game is very much of its Time, and if a million other factors hadn't lined themselves up the way they did, there wouldn't be such an audience for this sort of thing.

As for new stuff out of me, a vacation seems to have jogged a few things loose, so we'll see what happens with that. I'll doubtless post something about it on my tumblr or twitter account. It will probably be terrible. Please look forward to it.