Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Juno

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Juno »

Kota wrote:I don't think they even support mobile chipsets. I wouldn't do that on a laptop, anyway. CPU makes it hot enough.
Well, know what? I was lacking something called nTune that provided the missing DLL. I'm folding on the GPU client now and it works great, the GPU temp hasn't gone above 64ºC and it doesn't seem to affect the CPU too much since it's in the low 50s.
Also, gigantic 2,000,000 steps WUs.
Kota

Post by Kota »

Seriously? Nice. Damn, I don't think my laptop's chipset is supported. Oh well.

Just hooked up a CPU and GPU client each to run intermittently. 9800GTX, iirc.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
berserker29

Post by berserker29 »

In about 12 hours we will have smashed past rank 2000!!!

Just for laughs, here's a chart comparing our growth to other teams. ( guess which line is ours :mrgreen: )

2xCPU version, 1xPS3, 1xGTX 260
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I've noticed that our rank up rate has slowed down. Looks like we're up against the heavy hitting teams now. But we are still out producing them.

Oh, and some jerkface named Bara has produced over 200 work units. Gratz.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Bara

Post by Bara »

G3n0c1de wrote:I've noticed that our rank up rate has slowed down. Looks like we're up against the heavy hitting teams now. But we are still out producing them.

Yeah, I think I may nickname my PS3 "Hanako". :lol:
I actualy started keeping a fan blowing on it during warm days. It is probably absurd to do it, but it gives me a little peace of mind.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Malinor

Post by Malinor »

It's possible our growth slowed down a bit because I haven't folded at all in the past week or so. =P

Too much fun with gaming lately.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Malinor wrote:It's possible our growth slowed down a bit because I haven't folded at all in the past week or so. =P
Too much fun with gaming lately.
Yep, thats it. We are blaming you. :lol:
I've caught myself thinking about upgrading my old 8800 GTS to a newer card and bumping my old card over to my girlfriends computer... then I shake myself and start thinkuing about joining a 12 step program. F@HAnon anyone? :wink:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Kota

Post by Kota »

We'll be in the top 2000 shortly, if not already (stats update underway). This means that we'll be able to get individual user stats in addition to team stats. Enjoy showing off your epeen even more, all while curing cancer.

Also, congrats on our first million points!
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Well, I think I've hit the highest that I'm going to get in the group pretty much. Might hit 6 soon, but for the last few days it seems like me and Duo2Cuo have been leapfrogging each other in places 7 and 8 :? and you lot in the top 5 have some pretty serious scores. Thinking about running it the main family PC as well, has a Radeon 2400 card which is pretty much the minimum required for the GPU client so I imagine it wouldn't run too well. Still, an extra CPU client can't hurt.

Also, we're at 2015 now, few more hours till we hit 2000 I reckon.

(Edit - Scratch that, 2008 now)
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

I switched to a GPU client to see if it worked better then my CPU client.

Holy shit. :shock:

I am a credit to folding.
Seroanth

Post by Seroanth »

Bara wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:I've noticed that our rank up rate has slowed down. Looks like we're up against the heavy hitting teams now. But we are still out producing them.

Yeah, I think I may nickname my PS3 "Hanako". :lol:
I actualy started keeping a fan blowing on it during warm days. It is probably absurd to do it, but it gives me a little peace of mind.
Be sure not to let it get too warm. Keep a bucket of cold water closeby to calm it down and hug it from time to time.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Palodin wrote:Well, I think I've hit the highest that I'm going to get in the group pretty much. Might hit 6 soon, but for the last few days it seems like me and Duo2Cuo have been leapfrogging each other in places 7 and 8 :? and you lot in the top 5 have some pretty serious scores. Thinking about running it the main family PC as well, has a Radeon 2400 card which is pretty much the minimum required for the GPU client so I imagine it wouldn't run too well. Still, an extra CPU client can't hurt.

Also, we're at 2015 now, few more hours till we hit 2000 I reckon.

(Edit - Scratch that, 2008 now)
Our rank is at 2005 as of 12:19 Pacific DST. :D
Running the client on more CPU's has an effect on the work units produced even if they are not the newest machines made today. I'm running 4 different clients on 4 different CPU/GPUs.

1. PS3 client.
2. Win 6.23 Uniprocessor client on an AMD Athalon 64 1.8 GHz and 2 GB of SD RAM.
3. Win 6.23 Uniprocessor client on an AMD Athalon 64 x2 Dual Core 2.21GHz and 4 GB of DD RAM.
4 Win 6.23 GPU client on a Nvidia 8800 GTS with 640MB of DDR3 RAM.

Since I build and upgrade my own computers I can't really give a specific age, but it has been over 2 years since I've upgraded hardware. I might be forced to replace hardware soon, but I'm holding off for as long as possible due to wanting to wait on price drops as new stuff replaces old. (Yeah, I'm cheap.) :wink:

Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Now its just taunting us... but considering the rate at which we were going, I'd say we've hit the 2000 mark by now.
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

Hmm, anyone else see a huge discrepancy between the size of CPU and GPU WUs?

The smallest and largest CPU WUs I have seen were 150 and 2500 steps, respectively. While the smallest GPU work unit I have seen was 7500 steps, and largest being 15000.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
Juno

Post by Juno »

The smallest GPU WU I did was 2000, but I had to revert to the CPU client because it was just spitting out unrealistic deadlines.